Word. QFT. FTW. There aren't enough words and phrases to say how much I agree with this statement.

Now for a show of hands: how many people were impressed with the aerobreaking manouver in 1x04? *raises hand* I was.

Raises hand here.

I really like the show. The vibe I am getting is that this first season is one long pilot episode. I like it. I like the direction that the producers are taking with the show. It's fun for me to watch.

... but the eps ending was a bit anticlimactic. WoW! It can fly through a sun, I wonder if it can transform into a giant mecha too.

With invincible sun penetrating shields like that I don't think the Destiny doesn't need any weapons or a mecha transportation as long as it has enough power for Macross style Daedulus Attacks. I just hope this Super Solar Powered Ship doesn't turn out to have any debilitating weakness to kryponite or red suns though.

Isn't that the whole dynamic of the character? I mean, if everyone got along with him it would ruin it. Even I'm suspicious of him. He seems like he's more into the ship than getting off it and back to Earth.

I am more suspicious of the field medic Tamara Johansen. They keep bringing up her backstory of how she desperate she seemed to be about transferring out a week or so before the incident went down. Also consider that it would be a bigger shock and loss for the crew to lose trust in their one and only field medic. Rush may be brilliant, but Eli could easily replace him as the genius problem solver if he is found as a traitor. Another thing about Rush is that he is very assertive and doesn't not strike me as one to tolerate being used by anyone, Johansen on the otherhand seems very timid and unsure and is more likely a reluct traitor that was coerced into cooperating with the Alucian Alliance. Plus, you can't discount that fact that she looks very much like BSG's 6 considering that SGU was heavily influenced by the show.

I'll tell you what SG:U has over BSG... 2nd Lt. Vanessa James' RACK!

I wish they were over me...

Julia-Anderson-2.jpg

You wouldn't believe the amount of flak being directed at this show for daring to cast Julia Anderson in a role. Personally I'm liking her character so far, especially after she put Eli and GateBoy in their places. "I can and will kick your asses." That being said...

that's so sexist... her eyes are up there eugi!

Pfwa... er... s-she has eyes?

julia-pic.jpg

When are they going to stop being suspicious of Rush?

As said before, that'd ruin his character. I love how Colonel Young is learning to trust him to do his job, but is still on the lookout for the backstabbing knife and the other shoe to drop.

Also, I have to give props to MSgt. Greer. I didn't think much of him before this episode, but he's rapidly moving up in my eyes. I'm about this close to making him my favourite character after Young.

As for the plot being predicatble, well... not everyone can be as Genre Savvy as we are ^_^

I think it's maybe the hair and the way she's made up or lack there of. She looks better in her IMDB pictures and she's looked better in other projects she's be in. I could definitely see where maybe they thought she would be the Amanda Tapping of this show. Like a rough ballsy beautiful or something. Personally I'm not impressed with any of the characters yet but we're only a few eps in.

I thought the last ep was great. i like the idea of going through the sun to charge up, i certainly didn't see it coming.

Im ok with being suspicious of Rush, but i dont think at all that Rush expected the sun thing to work. he's not perfect but nor is he the root of all evil.

Im so far stillloving the show!

Greer assaulted a Officer that was why he was in the brig at the beginning of the show during the episode Greer and Young were talking and mentioned Lou Diamond Philip's character had it coming "the Bastard had it coming."

I am surprised that their was not a scientist that had been on the Atlantis expedition would have been funny to here some one screaming NOT AGAIN.

Edited by miles316

• 3 weeks later...

This last episode was the weakest of the bunch so far, but that's still a vast improvement over most TV shows :) My personal favourites are still Darkness and Light. My respect for Greer is nothing short of astronomical and I'm looking forward to seeing how Young's affair will affect the people around him. Let's face it, how many sci-fi shows have the lead protagonist as an adulterer? :)

This last episode was the weakest of the bunch so far, but that's still a vast improvement over most TV shows :) My personal favourites are still Darkness and Light. My respect for Greer is nothing short of astronomical and I'm looking forward to seeing how Young's affair will affect the people around him. Let's face it, how many sci-fi shows have the lead protagonist as an adulterer? :)

well... BSG, for one... ^_^

well... BSG, for one... ^_^

*spits on floor* Speak not the name of that most over-rated and vastly under-enjoyable show in my presence again. :p

But back to the case at hand, did the aforementioned Show That Must Not Be Mentioned have said adulterer proclaiming his love for his marriage? Looking at the trailer for the next episode, it's looking like we'll get a deeper look into Young's affair.

*spits on floor* Speak not the name of that vastly uber-enjoyable show in my presence again. :p

But back to the case at hand, did the aforementioned Show That Must Not Be Mentioned have said adulterer proclaiming his love for his marriage? Looking at the trailer for the next episode, it's looking like we'll get a deeper look into Young's affair.

Why yes, that's actual a pivotal character moment for a main protagonist character in BSG even though it could be argued that his feelings for the "other woman" ran far deeper for far longer and that most fans fully expected the protagonist and his other woman to get together eventually.

And... get this, in BSG, the other woman and the wife were also main characters and not just some recurring guest role that pops up for 2 mins every now and then.

Edited by eugimon

Why yes, that's actual a pivotal character moment for a main protagonist character in BSG even though it could be argued that his feelings for the "other woman" ran far deeper for far longer and that most fans fully expected the protagonist and his other woman to get together eventually.

And... get this, in BSG, the other woman and the wife were also main characters and not just some recurring guest role that pops up for 2 mins every now and then.

Oh. That. While I had given up on BSG by the start of S2, that whole lurve quadrangle is what assured me that I was missing out on nothing at all. Part of my problem is that as soon as the show was announced after the success of the miniseries, I knew that Starbuck and Apollo would hook up. The vast majority of Hollywood types are physically unable of casting a woman and man together in a show without romancing them; and what they skip out on, the fandom will pick up the ball for them! Just look at the hoopula of Eliott and Olivia being the OTP of the entire straight fandom, despite Word of God assuring that they would never hook up on the show!

*pant pant* Okay, rant over- wait! I've got one more! Jack and Sam from SG-1, blech! Once again, the fandom/shippers made that pairing so totally unenjoyable that I refuse to buy Season 8 on DVD becaue of it.

*wheeze* Okay, now I'm done. And *gasp* out of shape, it seems :p I think the reason why I'm looking forward to relationships in SGU is that there is no "obvious pairing" that there are in most shows, so that leads to some variety in that department.