HMR Macrosss Flashback 2012 VF-4 Reissue - available worldwide

MKT

Posted (edited)

Putting it in its own thread, consistent with other HMR releases..

HMR Hikaru VF-4 being reissued, with a new stand featuring illustrations of Misa & Minmay, new packaging, and a colored insert sheet featuring Minmay for background display.

Price: Yen 14,300 (likely already included 10% domestic tax)
Release: October 2024

Will it be WWM? We'll find out soon I guess..

(Scan from Stone Cheung on FB:)

75016B15-9858-4475-A6B4-2438DF6B5B1E.jpeg.0825f32e254e4d5e36c07d0fb447efe9.jpeg

Edited by MKT
Swapped to clearer scan

Posted (edited)

Nice since I'm still on the hunt for one of these.

I don't think is going to be WWM, isn't the content of the Flashback based on the Super Dimensional Fortress: Macross?

Edited by Froy

This seems right out of the blue, but I suppose that if this will be a WWM release, they already have the mold, so re-release it for the world to get, and no issues with it being a VF-1 derivative.  I have the Hi Metal R VF-4G release and it is so much like my Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A, but just easier to handle and transform.

Twich

Bandai seems to have abandoned using the WWM logo & tagline recently.

Only way to know now if it’s available worldwide is to look at the ‘Sales Area’ section in the Tamashii link.
So far, sales areas outside Japan are shown to be available.

My brain was winding down earlier & conflated FB2012 & DYRL lol. It was never any doubt FB2012 stuff can be available worldwide.

FB2012 is in this weird nonsensical bubble of exportability, so we might get it here.  In spite of basically being an SDFM music video, it somehow made it past the export blockade, as I recall?  Maybe my brain's out of date. :rolleyes:

I've got plenty of this mold in multiple scales though, so yeah, no reason to get it for a new stand.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

FB2012 is in this weird nonsensical bubble of exportability, so we might get it here.  In spite of basically being an SDFM music video, it somehow made it past the export blockade, as I recall?  Maybe my brain's out of date. :rolleyes:

I've got plenty of this mold in multiple scales though, so yeah, no reason to get it for a new stand.

Well, after the BW & HG deal, FB2012 was officially available on Youtube almost immediately for a limited time so there's no blockade for that.

Now, what mecha can we have from that.. The VF-4 and Megaroad. *hint Bandai* *hint Arcadia!*

Edited by MKT

5 hours ago, grogall said:

No should have been 1:48....😉

You're right. :good: But then, I only said red and blue because it's HMR and they already teased the red and blue years prior. :spiteful:

But I'm with you here. As much as I like it in 1/48, I know it will be big so I don't mind if they made it 1/60. ;) 

I do believe I would like this, and if they made a DX Chogokin VF-4A or any VF-4, I do believe I would also purchase one of them.

Twich

It's a shame Bandai based their HMR VF-4 on Yamato's ugly and terribly proportioned version. Just like Yamato's YF-21, Battroid mode was/is absolutely wasted.

My hope is that Bandai caps off the DX SDF/DYRL line with a completely new 1/48 VF-4 that actually resembles with the Battroid lineart and intended silhouette.

Either that or I would also be happy with HG shortcut change model kit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Looks like this will indeed be WWM (all sales regions are blue)

Screenshot_20240525-084347.png

This was the same with the VF-1J 50th. Anna...... Give it some time I'm sure it will change! 🤪

20180614_japan_only-1.png

Edited by grogall

Posted (edited)

I bet this one can stay WWM. It's not DYRL (technically) and it's not SDF Macross so it's probably in the clear. It being WWM is the only thing I can think of that justifies it being done.

Edited by jenius

24 minutes ago, jenius said:

I bet this one can stay WWM. It's not DYRL (technically) and it's not SDF Macross so it's probably in the clear. It being WWM is the only thing I can think of that justifies it being done.

Six bucks and my right nut says otherwise....🤪

I'd think it will be available in the US. Flashback was listed as being included in Disney's upcoming streaming deal (which only excluded SDFM and DYRL). That said, I'll pass on this since I already have the original release, but glad to see any Macross-related HMR being made at this point.

One aspect Bandai has improved in recent memory (ie past couple years or so), is that they now supply plenty of pics when soliciting orders and they always put Battroid in various cool poses.

For this VF-4 reissue I was looking forward to discovering what poses Bandai put it in, seeing that this VF has one of the most awkward Battroid sculpt, but there aren't many and there's only a lone Battroid pic in a dynamic pose.. 

item_0000014948_ok6snsOW_106.jpg.059b92ecd9c7eeb9299bde8b0813e8d9.jpg

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

Regular retail release. When I check the Tamashii link, I still see it listed as all regions though it looks like grogall is seeing something different.

I agree.

I'm in Europe and on it's page I get this. It lists the Euro online stores it will be available. 

image.png.a7cbf948800ec5fcc0e8111bfa9df946.png

• MKT changed the title to HMR Macrosss Flashback 2012 VF-4 Reissue - available worldwide