DX Chogokin VF-25 Revival Ver (WWM Releases)

no3Ljm

take away from that video:

• seems the non-straight / bendy head-laser installed by default is the norm on this release.  So far, why don't these VF-2G Revival owners just  replace the bendy head-laser ASAP with the separate "rigid" head-laser in the package? 

• he demo'ed the loose left hip and loose left shoulder that seems to be trending with this Revival edition.

1 hour ago, Phangry said:

Can't wait to experience the loose joints in person. 😅

That made me chuckle IRL.

The renewals were a breath of fresh air when they first came out over a decade ago, on the heels of the awful original line of Frontier toys. But they have not aged well and are pretty dated compared to what we've gotten from the Delta line and from Arcadia, QC foibles notwithstanding. *cough31AXcough*

Whereas the Yamato V2 VF-1 came out 15 years ago and I still consider them the gold standard for the VF-1. Sure, Bandai's DX VF-1 is a great toy and surpasses Yamato's in some areas, but it also falls short in others. So it's kind of a wash there.

39 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whereas the Yamato V2 VF-1 came out 15 years ago and I still consider them the gold standard for the VF-1. Sure, Bandai's DX VF-1 is a great toy and surpasses Yamato's in some areas, but it also falls short in others. So it's kind of a wash there.

^ 100% agree. Love the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 v2.

16 hours ago, treatment said:

• he demo'ed the loose left hip and loose left shoulder that seems to be trending with this Revival edition.

For a $250 toy in 2023 that is also a re-issue of a previous release, this is utterly unacceptable. Bandai should recall them all back!!! 

Edited by Raikkonen

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, treatment said:

Superb shot and posing as always!

Thank you @treatment, much appreciated!

13 hours ago, MKT said:

Great shot @Saburo :wub: Miss your pics on these boards. 

Thank you @MKT, you may see a surprise photo post on boards in the future. 😉

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Absolutely stunning picture! Just goes to show that one great pic > 50 mediocre pics! :good:

@Lolicon much appreciated.  So true and applies to everyday life.  

8 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

lesgo!!!

@orbitalharvest, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Who knows if Bandai will re-release the 25a with the Supers as a Full Set Combo Set @rematron. All they care for now is to re-release the Alto and Michael versions to get $$$ and screw the rest of the 25 line up.

Ozma’s and Luca’s valks are still missing but, Bandai will most likely skip that also just as they skipped if the Supers for Arad’s and Chucky’s 31, and other teases items.

21 hours ago, borgified said:

Who knows if Bandai will re-release the 25a with the Supers as a Full Set Combo Set @rematron. All they care for now is to re-release the Alto and Michael versions to get $$$ and screw the rest of the 25 line up.

Ozma’s and Luca’s valks are still missing but, Bandai will most likely skip that also just as they skipped if the Supers for Arad’s and Chucky’s 31, and other teases items.

Well, I suppose if I really want a matte coat I could apply it to the one I have.  But I have yet to take any steps like that in the refinement of my toys.  Someday I'd also like to paint one of my VF-31 Siegfried's matte black for a stealthier look.

Got my VF-25f today, while I do enjoy it and it’s super parts Bandai sure did make those parts fiddly as frakk to get on, I’m pretty sure I lose the right side cowling bit that’s replaced with another that has armor, it’s attachment was so tight it just flung off somewhere in the room… hope they put out the tornado parts again though.

49 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone hear anything about an order with Hobby Genki on this one?  I'm not too concerned if they don't come through with it, since I got one from HLJ for cheaper, but I'm wondering if they're hurting for supply, or just forgot.  :lol: 

I got mine from them soon after release date.