Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

1 hour ago, sjoebarry said:

Anyone know if they’ve said anything about when this might be getting released?

According to the blog link below, they're aiming it for next year (2024).

On 2/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, no3Ljm said:

Arcadia's recent Ameblo post: https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12789279928.html

As per Arcadia's post, the 'Production Type' version of VF-5000G (image below) displayed during the WonderFest 2023 Winter is still undecided whether it's going to get released or not.

As for the 'Captain Type' version, they're aiming for next year release (2024?). After their 1/24 Hargun.

image.jpeg.8058c98c626c130e451d6eeb31516c93.jpeg

I'm really itching for this as a toy. I do hope it gets a release, but if it is going to be released, I guess we'll only know based on if pre-orders start popping up.

On 4/9/2023 at 12:22 AM, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg.807a21a0f77b0d03048a1cc748ca65bf.jpeg

ah, I see. i hadn't noticed the difference in scheme, I had assumed they were just overexposed photos that made the colors lighter.  i prefer this captain type to the other one. and much prefer a more military look to either one of these. 

15 minutes ago, frankell05 said:

ah, I see. i hadn't noticed the difference in scheme, I had assumed they were just overexposed photos that made the colors lighter.  i prefer this captain type to the other one. and much prefer a more military look to either one of these. 

No worries. For specifics, the Captain Type is what Arcadia is going to release. The Production Type is still undecided. As far as the color goes, we're not 100% sure which is accurate due to the fact that the more lighter photo we saw is taken at the convention. Whereas the photo above is more from a controlled light scene which it might be how it's going to look on the final release. Let's hope. ;) 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:59 AM, no3Ljm said:

No worries. For specifics, the Captain Type is what Arcadia is going to release. The Production Type is still undecided. As far as the color goes, we're not 100% sure which is accurate due to the fact that the more lighter photo we saw is taken at the convention. Whereas the photo above is more from a controlled light scene which it might be how it's going to look on the final release. Let's hope. ;) 

We already know the color, there's just a bunch of people here who don't want to admit it.

1 hour ago, frankell05 said:

thank god for people who know everything.

It's validation for complaints. Seeing this thing in person, it looks great. I really, really want it. I think if more people saw it in person, they'd probably be a lot more excited for it. If not, I don't think anything can help at that point, but that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...

I love the VF-5000's design, and the toy looks great so far as sculpt, but I find the teal, white, and yellow color scheme to be atrocious. I'd prefer that Mirage version, but what I really want is the 'B' series color scheme. Just lovely.  Not sure what Kawamori's fascination with yellow is as a heavy accent color, but it just looks terrible to me. But then, I don't like the color yellow very much to start with; it's fine on construction equipment, not so much on aircraft. The tan bits on the 5000B, and on the VF-4A look alright, though- just enough for break-up without being overwhelmingly nauseating.

Shinsei Industry VF-5000B Star Mirage

How does the “5000” nomenclature jive with the rest of the variable fighter sequence numbering? I mean it is in the same timeframe as the VF-19 and 22 then it jumps all the way to 5000?  Just wondering.  

Edited by glane21

8 minutes ago, glane21 said:

How does the “5000” nomenclature jive with the rest of the variable fighter sequence numbering? I mean it is in the same timeframe as the VF-19 and 22 then it jumps all the way to 5000?  Just wondering.  

http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics.php#Variable_Fighters

The above link should clarify how it all fits together.

The VF-5000 dates from the 2010's.  The VF-19 & VF-22 begin development in the mid 2030's, and their production models are from the 2040's.

Edited by sketchley

7 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

The Mirage version is GORGEOUS, and I would buy in an instant--but is it "fanon"?  We barely saw her sit in an M&M VF-9 in Delta, I don't think there's anything about her using a 5000?    (but again---WOULD BUY)

Yeah those are fan colorings. I think these are the official versions of the VF-5000 (from https://www.macross2.net/m3/masterlist/masterlist-index.html)

• 2 months later...

The no update may actually be a good thing, hopefully. It could mean that there isn't much to update, but it could also mean that they're just behind. I really wish I could go to WF this summer.

On 7/25/2023 at 11:40 PM, MKT said:

Arcadia can take all the time they like, as long as any issues are ironed out and there won't be any first print mold errors. 

The 31AX issue reminded me of this all over again. It does seem like they are slow walking this release, and with the time they've been spending, one would think they have found all the potential issues, but then again, nothing beats regular use of a toy with the exact materials. Fingers are crossed.