On 6/4/2023 at 11:55 PM, jenius said:

I've been enjoying these little crabbies:

MepToys-Invid-Scout-6-scaled.jpg?ssl=1

I like how this shows just why the REF/UEEF forces had such a problem with the Invid.  Designed to deal with the Masters and last remnants of Zentradi in space, they were wholly unprepared for the Invid swarm attacks.

I'm currently staining doors so I have a gallon of water based polyurethane from Home Depot. I put a little on the joint pegs and that did the trick. On one, I used super glue on the pegs (without attaching then to the toy until after it dried) and that did the trick but left a little white fogging near the application. There are a few floor waxes that would also work. Kiki has a nice looking applicator but these give you easy access to the joints so any option should work 

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Yes, but it's the peg the ball attaches to that needs the thickness.

Thanks for the heads up.  Though, it's the least you could do since YOU got me into this mess with your great pictures.🤣 Looking forward to fiddling around with em.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:42 PM, roboemo said:

Not sure but Mospeada had same design team from Macross.

Plus having elements of concept art dump didn’t help either.

Not sure what you mean here. I don't think ARTMIC worked on Macross.

EDITED: Grammar

Edited by RavenHawk

13 hours ago, roboemo said:

Is that like a some sort of interceptor, 2 seat version of the LEGIOSS?  It reminds me of the larger wing area of the VF-0C/D.  I have a question, why is the landing gear out, and why is there a landing gear right there?  It should be on the legs and the nose, not the crotch.  That is weird.

Twich

15 minutes ago, twich said:

Is that like a some sort of interceptor, 2 seat version of the LEGIOSS?  It reminds me of the larger wing area of the VF-0C/D.  I have a question, why is the landing gear out, and why is there a landing gear right there?  It should be on the legs and the nose, not the crotch.  That is weird.

Twich

That's a Legioss/Tread combo.  One of the landing gears is located in the boom that attaches both fighters.

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

That's a Legioss/Tread combo.  One of the landing gears is located in the boom that attaches both fighters.

I guess I didn’t see the TREAD in that perspective. I didn’t look at the link, just the image. Looks pretty cool though.

Twich

The question as to why that gear is out though is still valid. I wonder what the canards connect to? Maybe they're nose mounted drones or something? Maybe something mounts between the arms and extends forward past the nose above the cockpit?

Edited by jenius

Landing gear out for the landing light? Because it's Landing?  :unknw:  Until we see that thing from the top, them canards could be part of the...  um, I was going to say "Bulldog Tread," but that wing shape is different.  So yet another Tread variant?

Looks like another Tread variant. Quite liking how the Tread wings visually integrate with the Legioss' to make it look like a single larger delta, but need to see more illustration from other angles.

I know there aren't canards on the Alpha, so I just mentally skipped over the nosecose entirely and was thus confused by the canard-discussion.  I agree, they're beyond awful and whomever put them there should have his/her/its pencil snapped in half.  And then into quarters, just to be sure.

Oddly, I've come to wonder why the Alpha/Legioss has landing gear at all.  It's been established the groin thruster is enough to VTOL even without going into Guardian mode.  Doesn't a powerful thruster like that make landing gear somewhat superfluous?

7 hours ago, jenius said:

The question as to why that gear is out though is still valid. I wonder what the canards connect to? Maybe they're nose mounted drones or something? Maybe something mounts between the arms and extends forward past the nose above the cockpit?

Maybe it’s just their equivalent of truck nuts

From the short story's paragraph.

「判るわ…第一次、第二次降下作戦の戦死者は地球に置ける三回の世界大戦の4倍。そして成果はゼロ。次が最後の降下作戦。不成功ならもはや極端な作戦しか残されていない」
 とエブリが理解を示した。(Original Version)

"I understand... The number of casualties in the first and second descent operations is four times that of the three world wars that can be placed on Earth. And the result is zero. The next is the final descent operation. If unsuccessful, only extreme operations will be left. No” Evry understood. (Translated Version)

The numbers seem inconsistent (or translation issue), like those events cost millions but the figures in Mospeada is Hundred of Thousands at best.
But still, probably be seeing that demographic crisis might be an issue in Mars Base since young adult population being recruited and probably became part of debris. Maybe why they started using shadow drones to make up manpower shortage for 3rd invasion.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:08 AM, jenius said:

Landing gear aren't just for landing, they help you roll the plane around. Very helpful for logistics... Drive it into a repair bay and such.

True, and I guess they still count as an emergency backup in case everything else fails.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Thanks! I was thinking of doing some MPC and Sentinel pics together. Did anyone ever figure out a glue that would resolve this break on the MPC?

Toynami-Masterpiece-Alpha-6I-10-4K.jpg?s

Would the old baking soda and superglue trick allow it to bond to the plastic?

It’s been my recent go-to when the glue alone doesn’t hold or stick.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Would the old baking soda and superglue trick allow it to bond to the plastic?

It’s been my recent go-to when the glue alone doesn’t hold or stick.

I didn't know about that hack. I'll give that a try and if it fails, I'll try the Plastruct recommendation. 

Still working on my Invid Scout review. Here's another fun pic:

MepToys-Invid-Scout-17-scaled.jpg?ssl=1

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Thanks! I was thinking of doing some MPC and Sentinel pics together. Did anyone ever figure out a glue that would resolve this break on the MPC?

Plastic welders like Ambroid ProWeld, Plastruct Bondene, Tenax 7r, Micromark's Same Stuff, Tamiya Cement, or even Testor's Plastic Cement will be the best solution to repair that screw boss; something methylene chloride or acetone based will chemically dissolve the ABS and weld the broken pieces into one, without leaving un unsightly glop of super glue or epoxy, and with none of the haze associated with cyanoacrylate.  Just dab a drop of the liquid on the crack with the provided applicator and let capillary action carry it into the split; compress the two parts together (disassembly of the chest would make the repair easier, but I think it can be accomplished as is) until some of the melted plastic oozes out a bit from the crack; keep the repaired pieces under mild compression until the weld cures... at least a couple of hours to make sure but overnight would be better; if desired, trim off/file/sand the oozed-out plastic to the level of the surrounding surfaces and it will look almost, if not completely, like it was never broken.

AMBGAM110.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=611deeae056

post-1036-0-39736800-1402018685.jpg&f=1&

41JeRAb2L-L._SY355_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=4

84113_R-1.jpg

tamiya_cement_40ml.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=92

ac7fd7c8-c50b-4a8f-ac5d-4bd833996ce0_1.e

On 6/11/2023 at 8:53 PM, jenius said:

I haven't found one yet. I just have left mine all in fighter mode. My Blue Scott was the one that collapsed like this, so keeping it in fighter mode and attached to the beta has been my best option. That and never touching it. lol

Luckily, my hands are all intact on every one of mine.