2 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Dayum!  That God of Flame paint job really does pop! :wub:

I agree.

Even though I almost passed on it,    If I had to compare between the red and the purple.. TBH I think the Purple version is the better choice. 

So the first release of the Black and Red VF1S was limited to 200 pcs.    This appears to be the same,  other then updates to the molds plus matching FP armor with a release of 500.

Tough call,  I really liked the Black and Red,  but do I need FPs?   

Who am I kidding..  my poor wallet.

• 2 weeks later...

I went looking for this in the toy thread, and was surprised to find out that there doesn't seem to be any recent threads there for anything Kitzconcept.  Seems odd.  Why is this here and not in the toy section?  Do people not like Kitz for their valks at all?  I don't personally own any valks, but I love their figures. 

Anyway... they're running a really good deal on the ENTIRE Vermillion squad, all 3 for just $190.  I was actually about to pull the trigger when I noticed the shipping was $121.  :shok:

1/72 VERMILLION SQUADRON (VF-1J RICK, VF-1A MAX,VF-1A BEN)

Edited by Pontus

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

I went looking for this in the toy thread, and was surprised to find out that there doesn't seem to be any recent threads there for anything Kitzconcept.  Seems odd.  Why is this here and not in the toy section?  Do people not like Kitz for their valks at all?  I don't personally own any valks, but I love their figures. 

Anyway... they're running a really good deal on the ENTIRE Vermillion squad, all 3 for just $190.  I was actually about to pull the trigger when I noticed the shipping was $121.  :shok:

1/72 VERMILLION SQUADRON (VF-1J RICK, VF-1A MAX,VF-1A BEN)

22 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

The short answer is the they operate under a Harmony Gold Robotech license. Therefore the thread ends up here and not in the Toys section.

As said above these are Robotech Toys, not Macross Toys. Also sometimes Transformers toys. I know the basic toy is something that could be seen as the same, but Printed Names are different. Someone wanting a Max Jenius versus markings for Max Sterling and little things like that or box markings for those that don’t open a toy are things that matter to a collector. It would be a similar thing to a GI Joe collector in the U.S. versus the odd British version. It’s similar toys and some cases the same toy, just different name or packages that would turn off a collector

Bassically look for Macross branded items in it’s dedicated toy section since this is a Macross site and if you don’t mind Robotech there’s a spot here or there are dedicated Robotech sites, but this site is where all the cool kids hang out, even the ones with Robotech nostalgia 

yep...the deluxe format would probably work well for the enemy characters...

But thinking a "soldier" would look too tall next to a 1/100 HMR VF-1....may actually scale better with their 1/72 VF-1 line...would be a good selling point too!

large.20230622_195748.jpg.f3704fd8b596cf

Edited by jvmacross

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Awesome.  Currently on sale for $69.90.

So, here's a concern that may affect many of you:

I checked my pre-orders on KitzConcept's website, and... there's no record of any. 😶

In fact, the order history only goes back three years, so while there's a record for Lisa, Roy and "Cheongsam" Minmei, there's no record of my order for Rick, or the first Minmei figure.  More disturbingly, however, there's no record of the two Dana figures I ordered when listings first went up, THREE YEARS AGO. 😳

As most of you are well aware, KitzConcept charges up-front for pre-orders, which means I've long since paid for two figures... yet there's no indication now that those figures were ever ordered, much less paid for. 🤨

Check your pre-orders, people.  You may be in the same boat. 😟

If I remember, KC migrated to a new site about 3 years ago. Older orders that were already completed were not carried over, only those orders that are outstanding at point of migration should be captured in the new site. I checked then and re-checked just now, my Dana orders are there.

In any case, there should be an e-mail record of the order, and in the case of Paypal, an email notification of payment made. 

1 hour ago, tekering said:

So, here's a concern that may affect many of you:

I checked my pre-orders on KitzConcept's website, and... there's no record of any. 😶

In fact, the order history only goes back three years, so while there's a record for Lisa, Roy and "Cheongsam" Minmei, there's no record of my order for Rick, or the first Minmei figure.  More disturbingly, however, there's no record of the two Dana figures I ordered when listings first went up, THREE YEARS AGO. 😳

As most of you are well aware, KitzConcept charges up-front for pre-orders, which means I've long since paid for two figures... yet there's no indication now that those figures were ever ordered, much less paid for. 🤨

Check your pre-orders, people.  You may be in the same boat. 😟

I checked mine and they're still there. Contact their customer support and ask about the pre-orders you're not seeing.

I just got notification that my Black and Red Super 1S shipped.

I think KC is trying to get away from making their figures look like GIJoe's  with the cloth.

I am fine either way,  so long as we get figures from SDF Macross.

There’s a few things that feel really off about that Max figure. The cloth looks like Felt and is a bit weird looking and gives him a kinda more buff look. The face seems like it’s compensating for the larger build and while better than most if not all max action figures or dolls does seem a bit like some dude in cosplay like jvmacross said. I think they should ditch the cloth outfit or use a thinner material 

My order history on KC's site lists 7 orders going back to 12/6/20 which was Lisa Hayes.  The only orders that aren't listed anymore are first release Rick Hunter and Minmei.  It was really nice when KC used to offer free shipping.  I think I'll order 2 of 1/12 Max and skip VF-1J Max and Miriya even though it's a good deal.

I suppose my Dana pre-order must've gone through before they switched over to their new site...

Nonetheless, KitzConcept has confirmed via e-mail that my order is still valid (despite not appearing in my Order History).  🔒

13 hours ago, Big s said:

There’s a few things that feel really off about that Max figure. The cloth looks like Felt and is a bit weird looking and gives him a kinda more buff look. The face seems like it’s compensating for the larger build and while better than most if not all max action figures or dolls does seem a bit like some dude in cosplay like jvmacross said. I think they should ditch the cloth outfit or use a thinner material 

Yeah on my small phone screen Max looks ok, but now that I see it blown up on my PC screen, he looks odd for all these reasons. But will still support it nonetheless, and KC likes to tweak stuff heavily from PO to release so hope they continue to iterate it for the better. 

Interesting.  I planned on doing a custom HMR set a long time ago and envisioned them looking a little different than this.  In any case I'll probably order a set with 1/12 Max x2.

Edited by sh9000

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

IMG_1687648423602.jpg.a7c26d0632d0aa378ec812a2c45ce35d.jpg

Hmm I always thought this scheme would be better done as smaller, trading figures. But props to KC for exploring unconventional & even non-canon schemes. Now they need to make a Miriya figure to complete it!

51 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would prefer they be tinted clear plastic instead of metallic.

That had been my idea as well... but I figured I'd have to mold them in clear resin myself. 🤔

55 minutes ago, MKT said:

But props to KC for exploring unconventional & even non-canon schemes.

Yeah, absolutely.  :good:

55 minutes ago, MKT said:

Now they need to make a Miriya figure to complete it!

They announced their 1:12 Max back in 2020, and they hope to have him available later this year...

If they're planning a Miriya figure as well, perhaps we'll be able to buy her in... 2027? 🙄

57 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would prefer they be tinted clear plastic instead of metallic.

You gotta remember that they are absolutely obsessed with metallic paint right now. They’re like children that just discovered metallic paint was a thing, and now they have to use it on everything they do

4 hours ago, tekering said:

They announced their 1:12 Max back in 2020, and they hope to have him available later this year...

If they're planning a Miriya figure as well, perhaps we'll be able to buy her in... 2027? 🙄

Pandemic must have thrown their schedule off, but looking at their rate of actual releases now they appear to be moving along at back to pre-pandemic speeds.

There were times over the past year it felt like they announced new stuff or variants too soon, with a whole existing backlog of deliverables that made me think if they were just trying to rollover new funds from PO’s to bankroll older stuff, which is always a sign of trouble.

At least Max now gets announced after being being unofficially confirmed for years, so they seem to be sticking to their long planned list of releases. 

Meanwhile we look across the aisle and that SHF Breetai is firmly in distant memory..

If ever an Alaska Base VF-1 is to be made, KC is the best bet now.

18 minutes ago, MKT said:

Meanwhile we look across the aisle and that SHF Breetai is firmly in distant memory..

Bandai teases a lot of prototypes that never go into production, but they never solicit for pre-orders until they can reliably estimate when a product will ship.  I mean, I'm highly critical of Bandai myself, but I've never paid up front for an SHF or HMR pre-order that wasn't fulfilled within six months.

It will have taken at least THIRTY-SEVEN months before KitzConcept delivers the Dana I paid for back in July of 2020, when pre-orders were first solicited (which, incidentally, was already several months into the pandemic).  And even before COVID, they were averaging ten months between each 1:12 action figure release. 

I can only assume their 1:72 Valkyries sell better, so those releases are given priority....?