3 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Thanks for the pix. Not bad, but the natural scale of actual stitching always throws off any figure with clothes, and frankly gives me that doll vibe. Plus, the hair is one thing, but the animation-accurate molding and painting of the googles just doesn't sit well with me versus cleaning that up and making it more concept-accurate. Just my $0.02.

Yeah, if you are looking at the pics at full resolution, you will notice the stitching, etc.....in-hand, not so much

The googles are not anime accurate....that is another of KC's weaknesses...they love their shiny paint apps!  I did not take pics of the helmet, which instead of using regular red paint....they seem to have used some leftover chrome red paint from the God of Sparks release....I have the Pilot Hikaru fig, so that helmet is painted correctly

There's a special edition of the advanced version of Rick as well as a purple variant of the God of Flame being shown on their Facebook page.

Also figured out that my GoF didn't ship in November - it shipped in February. I was misreading the different date display style on their website where the month is second

21 hours ago, tekering said:

How could a metallic gold-and-silver finish possibly be considered "anime-accurate?" 🤨

20 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah, if you are looking at the pics at full resolution, you will notice the stitching, etc.....in-hand, not so much

The googles are not anime accurate....that is another of KC's weaknesses...they love their shiny paint apps!  I did not take pics of the helmet, which instead of using regular red paint....they seem to have used some leftover chrome red paint from the God of Sparks release....I have the Pilot Hikaru fig, so that helmet is painted correctly

I don't mean the colors, but the painting of it like it's rough animation. That seems hyper-accurate down to the cel, and it looks awful to me.

Edited by Radioguy

1 minute ago, Radioguy said:

I don't mean the colors, but the painting of it like it's rough animation. That seems hyper-accurate down to the cel, and it looks awful to me.

Oh, the paint app's are awful, no question about that... but I don't think it looks anything like what you'd see in animation. 🤨

Nor does fabric clothing, for that matter. 🙄

3 hours ago, Radioguy said:

That seems hyper-accurate down to the cel, and it looks awful to me.

The cels drawn for Episode 1 where we first see Hikaru wearing his flight googles are probably among the best of the entire series...so not sure why you think the googles on the toy are anything like the googles as drawn on the show....

25224_1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTud5FpJtxJ54uwPrOtuK3

;)

My complaint are the actual paint colors used...for some reason KC thinks shiny and chrome makes anything look better....and may as well include the "silver" gloves...should have been grey....just like Focker's flight suit shoul dhave been grey and not grey-purple...lol

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The cels drawn for Episode 1 where we first see Hikaru wearing his flight googles are probably among the best of the entire series...so not sure why you think the googles on the toy are anything like the googles as drawn on the show....

*Breathes*

Ok, forget the cel, the goggle molding looks AWFUL to me. Like rough animation, EVEN if it WAS well-animated! 😆

Frankly, the cel shows whoever tooled those goggles must've had a seizure while doing it. Why do they look like that???

(Serves me right for going off memory and assumption, though)

Macross VF-1S Valkyrie (God of Flame Purple Ver.) with Fast Pack Armor 1/72 Scale Limited Edition Figure

Another Unofficial Transformer version - Evil Jetfire- An Unofficial version of an Unofficial Version:) at this point it would not surprise me it they get a Takara/Hasbro License and just start making official crossovers. If they did they could make the 40th anniversary Jetfire giftset for Hasbro

production run of 800

Yes, I bought two on BBTS a few minutes ago.  majority of these are going to get displayed out of box with the red version . I'll buy now, instead of through the nose 5 years from now for sealed versions. 

Looking forward to kitzconcepts focusing back on Macross/Robotech with maybe a Stealth Valkyrie or Urban Camouflage or something along that line. maybe something new like a Lynn Minmay Version( I would buy serveral) after this to really please the macross/robotech fans who helped them get to this point.   

7ced6d07-f77e-4ee7-95bd-e9dec0749b8f.jpg

8b1ee0c9-1d20-482c-a4f6-65f338085d82.jpg

d3de1c47-8d51-49c7-86da-36f66edaabe5.jpg

I'll get the Advanced Rick Special Edition just to collect all of the figures in the line.  I probably won't buy a spare.  I'll definitely add purple Decepticon Jetfire to the collection.  Looks like I'll order both items together and save a little by choosing the slower shipping option.

KC "canon" TV releases so far...

VF-1S Roy

VF-1S Hikaru 

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J "Brownie"

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Milia 

VF-1A CF

VF-1A Max

VF-1A Kakizaki

They just need a Cavaliers, Alaska Base VF-1A, and the VF-1D trainer, VR, CF....

If they had skipped the non-canon schemes they probably would have been done with the Canon TV schemes by now...they should go for the VF-1D next

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

KC "canon" TV releases so far...

VF-1S Roy

VF-1S Hikaru 

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J "Brownie"

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Milia 

VF-1A CF

VF-1A Max

VF-1A Kakizaki

They just need a Cavaliers, Alaska Base VF-1A, and the VF-1D trainer, VR, CF....

If they had skipped the non-canon schemes they probably would have been done with the Canon TV schemes by now...they should go for the VF-1D next

They'd gain some respect if they did a VE-1 and VT-1 as well, but again, this is still KC.

13 hours ago, Corrinald said:

They only have the license for SDFM. They can't produce any designs from the movie

Are you sure about that? they have a license from Big West & Harmony Gold

15 hours ago, Radioguy said:

They'd gain some respect if they did a VE-1 and VT-1 as well, but again, this is still KC.

It would buy one to go with my original ones. maybe a 2nd to display?

On 4/18/2023 at 6:01 AM, Radioguy said:

If going for non-canon, I wish they'd do a "What if?" VF-1S Kakizaki version in metallic green. I'd go for that if Bandai or Arcadia won't.

That!...If they just went with the special edition stuff. No Painting Version, Clear Skin Version, Stealth Version, Weathered Versions, Relic Versions, Lynn Minmay Version, Angelbird Version, Metallic Chrome Versions, Maybe a heavy diecast version(Hi Metal)  and as your pointing out Hot Paint Versions.  the Jetfire Versions have not  been well liked in the TF Community . I would say 2 out of 3 regret buying it. they say its too thin with no weight, hate the red paint . If they would just focus back on Macross and maybe do something like non cannon like Next Gen Versions with a more modern sleeker version of the same plane kinda like how the Zero Looks. If they are going to do custom stuff it should be for the market they have a license for, not becoming some KO Transformer brand.

I've always thought why not a giant transport plane for troop deployments that turns into a sky destroid to provide support to Valkyrie fighters. reinventing the same wheel like they do will only leave them were they are. 

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Are you sure about that? they have a license from Big West & Harmony Gold

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I believe KC is only licensed by Harmony Gold.  If they were licensed by Big West they would have the following 2 stickers on the box.

BigWest.jpg.1e5b3c5a84e6f98943bf4af3e233c820.jpg

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

If they are going to do custom stuff it should be for the market they have a license for, not becoming some KO Transformer brand.

If I recall correctly , Kitz Concept started out as a KO brand.  They eventually managed to secure a Harmony Gold license and released under the Robotech brand.

That being said, they seem to make the best Robotech branded stuff so far.  If I weren't so limited in space, I would consider picking up a few items from them.

15 hours ago, Corrinald said:

They only have the license for SDFM. They can't produce any designs from the movie

When the BW-HG deal was done....BW decided to forsake both SDFM and DYRL.....so if KC wanted to do DYRL schemes, all they would need is approval from HG....just like Toynami was able to release DYRL VF-1 paint schemes under HG license...and those cool vinyl DYRL Regults...

However, HG must be holding off on granting the DYRL licenses for some reason....perhaps they are doing so in the hopes of perhaps gaining the favor of BW and maybe striking some distribution deal with companies like Bandai who seem to be tied up tightly with BW to a point that it almost seems like they are barred from doing business with HG on SDFM-DYRL merch....

I would have been excited if KC did release the DYRL VF's...but after their reoccurring QC issues and terrible mold changes to their VF-1...I don't care as much anymore if they decide to make them or not...

For now, I would just like them to finish up the remaining few canon TV VF variants and concentrate on the Macross character figures and the upcoming Destroids and Enemy mecha....hoping that the lack of transformation on those will allow KC to come out with a better product...

7 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

That!...If they just went with the special edition stuff. No Painting Version, Clear Skin Version, Stealth Version, Weathered Versions, Relic Versions, Lynn Minmay Version, Angelbird Version, Metallic Chrome Versions, Maybe a heavy diecast version(Hi Metal)  and as your pointing out Hot Paint Versions.  the Jetfire Versions have not  been well liked in the TF Community . I would say 2 out of 3 regret buying it. they say its too thin with no weight, hate the red paint . If they would just focus back on Macross and maybe do something like non cannon like Next Gen Versions with a more modern sleeker version of the same plane kinda like how the Zero Looks. If they are going to do custom stuff it should be for the market they have a license for, not becoming some KO Transformer brand.

I've always thought why not a giant transport plane for troop deployments that turns into a sky destroid to provide support to Valkyrie fighters. reinventing the same wheel like they do will only leave them were they are. 

Seriously, for all their faults in build and scale, this is a model kit I don't have to glue and paint (a really expensive one, surely). If no other option to to slake my thirst for green valks exist (c'mon Bandai with a DYRL Kakizaki reissue at least!) , I'd go for this.

Just for the hell of it, this is what I dream of looking at the KC valks:

Green EE5956F4-E65E-43BB-9A12-5F41E923CCBC.jpeg.aaf59a8785d2dd38c4b011c28b2236b8.jpg

Yay my God of Flame showed up! That's actually fast shipping for slow boat. Haven't talked myself into a Decepticon purple variant yet. Would rather get the black/gold one. Really hoping with everyone else they do Alaska Base, VF-1D paint variants, or other odd stuff.

Kitzconcept did confirm on a FB post they can't do DYRL stuff. Would be cool if they could in the future though.

Customer Service said they are looking into the replacement VF-1S they owe me. They are still playing catch up since MY left 

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

However, HG must be holding off on granting the DYRL licenses for some reason....perhaps they are doing so in the hopes of perhaps gaining the favor of BW and maybe striking some distribution deal with companies like Bandai who seem to be tied up tightly with BW to a point that it almost seems like they are barred from doing business with HG on SDFM-DYRL merch....

Or maybe KC is just too cheap to purchase an additional license for DYRL 😉

2 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Or maybe KC is just too cheap to purchase an additional license for DYRL 😉

Kinda of doubt that...they are pretty prolific in their releases and I doubt they'd give up the chance to release the simple DYRL paint schemes....perhaps the deal HG made with BW included something that prohibited HG from licensing DYRL merch...if so, that was pretty dumb of HG to accept, especially since BW has clearly forsaken both SDFM and DYRL on the international marketplace....it seems DYRL is truly stuck in limbo at the moment, in terms of merch outside of Japan....in some ways it's actually worse now

Just now, jvmacross said:

Kinda of doubt that...they are pretty prolific in their releases and I doubt they'd give up the chance to release the simple DYRL paint schemes....perhaps the deal HG made with BW included something that prohibited HG from licensing DYRL merch...if so, that was pretty dumb of HG to accept, especially since BW has clearly forsaken both SDFM and DYRL on the international marketplace....it seems DYRL is truly stuck in limbo at the moment, in terms of merch outside of Japan....in some ways it's actually worse now

I dunno, their notorious quality control shows saving money is a priority.

8 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Lack of quality has not made them slow down on their releases....seems to me that they push out the product and deal with "issues" as they come up....so doubt that reflects somehow on a lack of interest in acquiring a DYRL license that would allow them to churn out even more product

Edited by jvmacross

12 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

While I understand people making these comments,  I think its remiss to not point out the elephant in the room.   Bandai?    Anyone?  Bandai?

I will admit with MYs departure from KC their responses have been lacking,  but they are still making good on issues if you contact KC customer service.

Compare that to Bandai..  where you have an issue and Good Luck!    Hopefully a vendor that will offer support or MW,  or nothing.

And I'll take this moment to gripe about KC..  where is my SD GBP 1J!!!   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...