Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

Yeah, the new pictures make the nose looking good!!!  I sure am happy to put those crazy stressful PO nights behind me, I'm just too old of that kind of thing.

This old goat is going to join the new & "hip" crowd and see what this MMW is all about and try my luck from Amazon.  (of course I'll be cursing if I get screwed waiting)

14 hours ago, MKT said:

Yup the delimiter mode.. I guess it steers by the thrust vectoring without the stabilizers.

item_0000014740_w7QKx4K3_109.jpg.fade460f2d8b765a2aaf14d8c56c1ab7.jpg

yf-21-limbless.png.28ea39f57aafbfd9f1b2d088fb65204f.png

Looks like both Bandai DX and Yamato didn't remove this for the delimiter mode.

item_0000014740_w7QKx4K3_109.jpg.fade460f2d8b765a2aaf14d8c56c1ab7.jpg.a62a66e87dedd60542d69a7a6c83bdc6.jpg 

Atleast with the Bandai HG kit, it is. ;)

382457248_820671303395840_8192301606021014283_n.jpg.b758711da49e265d6af3873ddf427222.jpg

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ack now i cant unsee it...😵 

bandai shld just have made a DX out of the HG 🤪 

...parts swapping..perfect transformation...bla bla...🤭

Edited by seti88

So, about what time is the madness going to happen? I'm going to try to score a copy from one of the Tamashii links (Amazon, BBTS, Entertainment Earth). I'm hoping the markup won't be financially crushing, but this is a Macross release so....:(

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

item_0000014740_w7QKx4K3_109.jpg.fade460f2d8b765a2aaf14d8c56c1ab7.jpg.a62a66e87dedd60542d69a7a6c83bdc6.jpg 

382457248_820671303395840_8192301606021014283_n.jpg.b758711da49e265d6af3873ddf427222.jpg

I think for Yamato’s, that circled part can be pushed in so it looks more like the line art. Will the DX have that ability? :search:

In the line art though, Kawamori appear to have scribbled some comments on that area. I wonder what he was saying..

21 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

So, about what time is the madness going to happen? I'm going to try to score a copy from one of the Tamashii links (Amazon, BBTS, Entertainment Earth). I'm hoping the markup won't be financially crushing, but this is a Macross release so....:(

For the sites you posted, the PO won’t be up today. Usually POs of WWM items outside Japan will start anything  1-2 weeks from Japan PO date.

22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ack now i cant unsee it...😵 

bandai shld just have made a DX out of the HG 🤪 

...parts swapping..perfect transformation...bla bla...🤭

Hahaha! :lol: Sorry, @seti88.

Parts swapping transformation? I've been dreaming of it for the Yamato when @Kurisama started this idea back then. ;) 

1 minute ago, MKT said:

I think for Yamato’s, that circled part can be pushed in so it looks more like the line art. Will the DX have that ability? :search:

In the line art though, Kawamori appear to have scribbled some comments on that area. I wonder what he was saying..

Best guess is that there's a shutter cover after the limbs gets ejected.

Regarding high-speed mode, macht nix to me; I will never put my copy in that config. I never did it for my Yammie, either. Yeah, it happened in the anime, but it's really an outlier mode that never really meant much to me; mine will stay in battroid, as I've waited a long time to have a YF-21 with a proportional b-mode, and I'm digging how this fig looks. 

I always thought high-speed mode is where the tailfins point inward (towards the centerline) and the wings are angled slightly downward.

And delimiter mode is where all the appendages (and tailfins) are launched off.

🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I always thought high-speed mode is where the tailfins point inward (towards the centerline) and the wings are angled slightly downward.

And delimiter mode is where all the appendages (and tailfins) are launched off.

🤷🏽‍♂️

You're correct; I was mistaken. But my feelings towards 'delimiter' mode remain the same. 😉 Meh! I like my YF-21 limited!😁

Edited by M'Kyuun

So Ami-Ami have the DX YF-21 listed on their site, but POs won't go live until 11 Jan at 1100 Japan time (I'm assuming Tokyo time specifically). That comes out to 6PM tomorrow for me. Since we're no longer limited to Japan-only stores, I'm hoping we'll all have a fairer chance of scoring a copy without all the previous midnight madness shenanigans. Since Macross is still not widely known outside of the Robotech context here in the States, I'd like to think that the POs will stay open a bit longer for this in domestic stores should we fail in getting a Japanese PO. The degree of markup is my concern at that point. They kinda have us by the bollocks when it comes to Macross releases. 😒 Then again, S&H from China and Japan can get expensive, so nothing really gained nor lost either way.

First unsuccessful preorder at HLJ in a long time. Had it in my cart, but for some dumb reason province was missing from my address and that was all it took, no time to update and try again. I am not sure how to feel about it... To be honest I was having trouble reconciling this being more expensive than the 1/48 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie bundle, WWM release is going to be even more expensive so this just might be the end of my Bandai Macross collecting.  End of an era, but if Bandai can't be bothered to produce enough for demand then so be it. 

10 minutes ago, Nerd-linger said:

First unsuccessful preorder at HLJ in a long time. Had it in my cart, but for some dumb reason province was missing from my address and that was all it took, no time to update and try again. I am not sure how to feel about it... To be honest I was having trouble reconciling this being more expensive than the 1/48 VF-1J Armored Valkyrie bundle, WWM release is going to be even more expensive so this just might be the end of my Bandai Macross collecting.  End of an era, but if Bandai can't be bothered to produce enough for demand then so be it. 

Look what you did bandai!

Implement pay upfront more or increase distribution channels...or god forbid reduce the price...

as much as i know its in bandai's favor but in the long term restricting/making products hard to get ..well......is negative to branding cos there is a tipping point where folks wont care abt bandai no more...

IMHO. not looking for a debate...

I believe it’s a world wide release so should be available at US retailers eventually. Can always pay an arm and a leg at Luna Park if you don’t want to worry about it. 

11 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I believe it’s a world wide release so should be available at US retailers eventually. Can always pay an arm and a leg at Luna Park if you don’t want to worry about it. 

I'll take my chances at AmiAmi since they basically have a scalper mark-up on their site anyways haha.  Wow.  Wasn't expecting that price haha.  XD

Thanks for letting me know though!  

What are the best sites to hit up for the Worldwide releases?  BBTS?  TFSource?  EntertainmentEarth?  

20 minutes ago, protostar8 said:

I'll take my chances at AmiAmi since they basically have a scalper mark-up on their site anyways haha.  Wow.  Wasn't expecting that price haha.  XD

Thanks for letting me know though!  

What are the best sites to hit up for the Worldwide releases?  BBTS?  TFSource?  EntertainmentEarth?  

Go to one that gives a discount if the prices are similar. USA Gundam store gives regular discounts and sales that could knock a decent chunk off the price, other sites have pretty good point discounts as well. There won’t be a rush and you can take your time shopping 

38 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Done and done. Don’t care how much extra I paid. Just went on BBTS and easily preordered.  I’m kinda psyched for battroid. My yamatos can hold down fighter. 

16 minutes ago, kanedaestes said:

I too went with BBTS. I know it’s a markup but I also know I’m guaranteed to get it with minimal hassle  

Likewise; at least I know I've got a copy w/out fuss. I was going to try Ami-Ami, but my new puppy chose PO time to have to go out and in the few minutes I was outside w/ him, it sold out.

BBTS has $4 flat rate shipping, so although I'm being gouged on price, I won't be double-gouged on S&H. Ami-Ami has a disclaimer saying S&H may be very high, and it's possible I'd end up paying as much or more after paying their shipping rate. Too, the PO on BBTS has been up for hours, so it was a much more leisurely stress-free option, even if my wallet is smarting a little. The pain is ameliorated a little by the certainty that I have one POed without having to desperately look for another site that may sell out in seconds. The availability of Macross toys in US stores is the one positive from Big West's deal with the devil.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Just now, PointBlankSniper said:

Tried amiami just now. The button turned orange a few seconds late, then seems like it instantly got botted to no stock the moment I loaded to cart, and then to preorder closed. Button came back and cycled through the same thing a few times before it stayed closed. lmao

Same.

I feel like it's been 20 years since I have posted here. I went bbts. It hurt to miss HLJ price but it can't be helped. If Amazon price is good I'll buy spares. But at least I've got one with my name on it. 

Edited by AbdnAllHope
Typo