Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022

Marzan

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

Auntie sheryl and ranka are babysitting the walkure young uns..

Grandma Minmay is avoiding everyone and staying at home cos of the risk of the var....

:D:D:hi:

And great-uncle Basara is shouting "LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!" at some poor innocent geological featured

Hey guys!! Just saw the new trailer / teaser!! Indeed it does not give much about the plot, and raises many questions about the new valks. I just hope it includes UN or custom vf 31As cause we need massive re releases of that bad boy!!!!!

And please dont let it bring or mention any of the Windermerean revolution so we can leave that in the past and never talk about it again!!!!!! xD

• 2 weeks later...

Fascinating... a new variant of the production type.... We know a 31B exists but it's probably just a two seater A... C is called for.. so.. hard to say what it'd be... it's more than the mission pod that's different too.

• 3 weeks later...

The wing tips always did fold as such for transformation but the mounting is different for sure. I like this better cause it looks more in like with the centroid than before and more stable like the VF-25 was.

15 hours ago, Master Dex said:

The wing tips always did fold as such for transformation but the mounting is different for sure. I like this better cause it looks more in like with the centroid than before and more stable like the VF-25 was.

It does look more balanced, but I'm concerned what sort of mounting shenanigans that's going to create for any potential DX releases.  That mounting point looks like a pile of colliding polygons with no physically possible solution.  There's no hook over the wing, the booster just looks pasted over the top of where the hinge for the outer wing section will have to exist.

The VF-31 booster mount was one of the very few rock solid mount designs Bandai has managed, because of how it locked down so snugly over the tail and wing.  Maybe it will use a similar sliding lock over the outer wing panel hinge?  Maybe it slides around the outer wing so the boosters can rotate down with the wing?  No real way to tell yet, but it doesn't look very sturdy.

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It does look more balanced, but I'm concerned what sort of mounting shenanigans that's going to create for any potential DX releases.  That mounting point looks like a pile of colliding polygons with no physically possible solution.

Given what we've seen from the line art teased earlier, I'm 90%+ sure that this is going to effectively be the same mounting strategy used for the Passionate Walkure VF-31F w/ Lilldraken.

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

There's no hook over the wing, the booster just looks pasted over the top of where the hinge for the outer wing section will have to exist.

Yeah, it looks like it's set up to rotate, like the Lilldrakens or wingtip engines on the VF-25's Tornado Pack do.

Seto beat me by a few seconds, lol. I was gonna say the same thing about how the lildrakens are mounted. It requires an extra piece if I recall.

Yeah, might just be some kind of forked sliding mount.  Judging by that pic, might rotate on the mount as well, since those boosters look like they're tilted down.  I think some of the other shots in battroid looked like the boosters were askew as well, so that would explain it.

• 1 month later...

Word on the street is the 2nd Macross Delta movie is going to be available to stream world wide on release, now that HG isn't being a little bitch.

And speaking of the movie...

lNpj6Xx.jpg

Chuck's Super VF-31 for the movie. Looks like he has his own custom artwork on the back, had ditched the dish (though he did that in the 1st movie with the full armor pack) and they've relocated the boosters to the wing tips rather than have them sit on top of the wing. And I think that makes for a better looking super pack.

Look forward for more news

22 hours ago, charles88 said:

Word on the street is the 2nd Macross Delta movie is going to be available to stream world wide on release, now that HG isn't being a little bitch.

And speaking of the movie...

Chuck's Super VF-31 for the movie. Looks like he has his own custom artwork on the back, had ditched the dish (though he did that in the 1st movie with the full armor pack) and they've relocated the boosters to the wing tips rather than have them sit on top of the wing. And I think that makes for a better looking super pack.

Look forward for more news

Nice find...back emblem looks weird...aztec-ish?

Am not sure if  there are still sticking with the battery charger pod(?), this time with an extended tail? Could be a radar detector instead? 

I noticed that there's actually a lot that's different on the new Delta 03 and Delta 06 compared to older versions:

1 - The delta wing is bigger than the Kairos, and has a spike that someone pointed out might allow it to use VF-25 Super Parts.

2 - The canards are bigger and has a dog tooth. This was mentioned by someone else earlier, but it's on the list of changes.

3 - The canopy is different. The old one was a two-piece with a separate windscreen over the instrument panel, the new one is one with what looks like a different profile.

4 - The nose sensor cluster is different - the new one has three sensor crystals on each side plus one in the middle for seven total, and they're much closer to the canopy.

5 - The arm-mounted guns are bigger, by quite a bit. In the line art, the muzzles protrude past the leading edge of the wing - they decidedly don't on the original VF-31 models.

6 - Aside from the elimination of the mounting bracket on the boosters, they also have fins, and either slots or stripes on the light grey sections on the sides. 

7 - The new mission pod is longer and has some sort of stinger. It also looked really strange in the few screengrabs from the trailer. 

Random observation - if the boosters attach using the same system as the Lilldrakens, that has some interesting implications - namely, that you might be able to mount VF-31 super boosters under the wings of for example the VF-171 or the VF-30. 

1 hour ago, SebastianP said:

Anyone want to take a stab at translating the text that goes with the VF picture?

Nope.  Absolutely not.  Wouldn't dream of it.  OK. :p

As you'd expect, it's mostly obvious stuff like that this is its Fighter form, that the mark on top is "eye-catching" and "probably a person's personal mark".  That "unlike the Siegfried, the Super Pack is attached by folding the main wing down" and that "the minigun pod is so large that it does not fit under the main wing".  

The only noteworthy bit is that this new VF is apparently called the "Parmenides"... an odd choice, since Parmenides was a Greek philosopher whose fragmentary surviving work is best known for dictums like "Nothing comes from nothing" and ruminations like the distinction between objective and subjective experience.  The YF-30 and stock VF-31 are named for Greek personifications of time (chronological time/Chronos and moments of great change/Kairos) while the original Xaos VF-31 custom was named for the mythic hero Siegfried.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

16 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The only noteworthy bit is that this new VF is apparently called the "Parmenides"... an odd choice, since Parmenides was a Greek philosopher whose fragmentary surviving work is best known for dictums like "Nothing comes from nothing" and ruminations like the distinction between objective and subjective experience.  The YF-30 and stock VF-31 are named for Greek personifications of time (chronological time/Chronos and moments of great change/Kairos) while the original Xaos VF-31 custom was named for the mythic hero Siegfried.

Well their keeping to the greek name convention, but the name does actually make sense in context of the philosopher's ruminations. 

Point of view was a minor point in the series as is the showmanship of the group. I won't be surprised if our mystery enemy is attacking based on perceived intel instead of actual recon, ie the subjective and objective experiences of the characters. 

• 4 weeks later...

Are we sure about Chuck's new *valk* type being named Parmenides?   Because the new Arad valk says Parmenides on the tailfin exactly the same way the regular Delta valks say "Aether" (and much like how VF-1's say Prometheus/ARMD).    So I'd suspect that Parmenides is the name of a new carrier etc, and not the name of the new VF-31 variant.  

8 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Are we sure about Chuck's new *valk* type being named Parmenides?   Because the new Arad valk says Parmenides on the tailfin exactly the same way the regular Delta valks say "Aether" (and much like how VF-1's say Prometheus/ARMD).    So I'd suspect that Parmenides is the name of a new carrier etc, and not the name of the new VF-31 variant.  

Also possible, I guess... it'd be lovely if we could get a clean shot of the page to read so I don't have to guess at parts of the sentence.

Though it's worth noting the Siegfried (and IIRC the Kairos too) have their names written on them as well... 

What publication are these shots from, anyway?  I'll try to track a copy down.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Yes, but that particular location (base of the tailfin) is always the valk's home base.   A VF-31C/F/J etc says Siegfried elsewhere, but Aether on the tailfin.  

Does the -31A say Kairos on it? I know they say Hemera on the tailfin.  

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Yes, but that particular location (base of the tailfin) is always the valk's home base.   A VF-31C/F/J etc says Siegfried elsewhere, but Aether on the tailfin.  

Does the -31A say Kairos on it? I know they say Hemera on the tailfin.  

Usually, though there are some paintjobs that put it elsewhere.

I legit can't make out anything in that location in the images provided.  It's an indistinct smudge.

But yeah, IIRC the DX VF-31A says "HEMERA" on the tail and I know the Siegfried types say "AETHER".

EDIT: Looking at the first image after a bit of digital cleanup on a proper monitor, I screwed up the last sentence.  "The Siegfried and Kairos have their ship names written on them, but it is "PARMENIDES" on this aircraft.  Will there be any changes in the way the corps operate?"  Parmenides may not necessarily be a ship, it could also be an airbase or some other facility.  Potentially even a planet.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

• azrael changed the title to Macross Delta Zettai Live!!!!!! - Available on Blu-ray Sept 28, 2022
  • azrael pinned this topic
  • azrael unpinned this topic