Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I can already foresee future complaints either way. If they change it, people will complain that they don’t match Hikaru, if they don’t, just continued complaining. :D

im glad it’s a non factor to me. Seems like it was for everyone else the whole time it was shown the same way before it was pointed out after release. 

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

I can already foresee future complaints either way. If they change it, people will complain that they don’t match Hikaru, if they don’t, just continued complaining. :D

im glad it’s a non factor to me. Seems like it was for everyone else the whole time it was shown the same way before it was pointed out after release. 

Yeah, I really don't care either way.  If they want to claim it makes Battroid look better to them... whatever.  I'm not defending Bandai, I just don't care enough about such a minor detail to be mad about it.  If they want to "fix" it in later releases, I wouldn't mind. 

Also Bandai right now:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I really don't care either way.  If they want to claim it makes Battroid look better to them... whatever.  I'm not defending Bandai, I just don't care enough about such a minor detail to be mad about it.  If they want to "fix" it in later releases, I wouldn't mind. 

Also Bandai right now:

giphy.gif

Lol, pretty much. Everyone who can’t deal with it, buy a bunch of Metal Composite MS-06Cs and use the extra decals to fix your 1S. :D 

Hopefully one of them will be the perfect size. 

Edited by Slave IV

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

If they say so.

Regarding the pilot size...heres a comparison of the 1/48 DX Max pilot vs an HMR Dougram pilot. I think the HMR Dougrams are around 1/60 scale. 

Does anyone have a Yamato 1/48 pilot to compare to the DX?

20191204_120936.jpg

20191204_114924.jpg

20191204_114924.jpg

That HMR pilot looks good in the valk

44 minutes ago, peter said:

Wow, that sucks. 

It also sucks for anyone buying MISB after a significant amount of time has passed after it was originally purchased from a retailer.  Not a lot you can do about it a few months or years after it was originally purchased.

If I'm buying privately, I'd prefer mint but opened boxi.  At least it would have been inspected for defects.

Yup MiB>MISB defect

45 minutes ago, peter said:

Wow, that sucks. 

It also sucks for anyone buying MISB after a significant amount of time has passed after it was originally purchased from a retailer.  Not a lot you can do about it a few months or years after it was originally purchased.

If I'm buying privately, I'd prefer mint but opened boxi.  At least it would have been inspected for defects.

You didn’t cause that, I think that’s from assembly with the pin.

some have challenged why sellers often list “opened for inspection only”  and this is why.  You will only Sell a high end toy that’s been sealed for a year only to find from the buyer that it’s damaged one time in your collecting/selling career.  After 1 time, you start sliding them out for inspection and then placing them in storage.

please note “you” doesn’t mean you in this post.  I’m describing something else.  I feel for you man and just want you to know from my view, that looks like an ugly pin install vs anything you would have done.  I think if anyone has any understanding of the VF-1 platform, damage like this is hard to cause through mishandling or transformation.

59 minutes ago, peter said:

Wow, that sucks. 

Totally.  Hopefully, they resolve it.

31 minutes ago, subie81 said:

Anyone have an extra Dx 1s for sale or trade? I’ve got some items for trade.

If they don't resolve it, wanna buy my defected one for MSRP? Haha.  Beats buying at inflated prices and you can just keep him in fighter mode?  :)

So, the problem Bandai has introduced for themselves now is that if they stay consistent, all of the numbers will have to be backwards, and 112 and 113 aren't going to be so passable.  On the other hand, if they print those correctly, that means they're backpedaling on their "reasons" for making this one backwards.

I'd love to reply directly to their comment and ask what they plan to do with the rest of the releases.

It'll be interesting to see how the japanese-fans/owners react to it since Bandai doesn't give a frakk what overseas purchasers care about or not.

It'll be totally funny if the japanese-fans/owners return their items for refunds en masse.

If they're even allowed refunds or something.

Just hope it brings the pricing severely down to up the availability...

4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, the problem Bandai has introduced for themselves now is that if they stay consistent, all of the numbers will have to be backwards, and 112 and 113 aren't going to be so passable.  On the other hand, if they print those correctly, that means they're backpedaling on their "reasons" for making this one backwards.

I'd love to reply directly to their comment and ask what they plan to do with the rest of the releases.

good point, ,  Bandai always does these annoying things though it's catering to a niche crowd.  i kind of expect it after all their bs photoshopping. i'm surprised those ppl who don't care yet spent 60-100 dollar on missiles, not sure the intelligence level there.    aside from comments that don't even know the show or anything re: accuracy till it's spelled out,  i think i'll have to take the extra step to learn to be skillful as @tekering or @Lolicon  for something decent.

Arcadia has been crap so i haven't bought anything these days and just waiting till ppl get em first before thinking about it.

12 minutes ago, treatment said:

Just hope it brings the pricing severely down to up the availability...

It would be nice, not holding my breath, but it would be nice if these things came down to prices normally associated with toys, not collectibles.

After cancelling my VF-1S at NY and reordering and using Tenso, I just got a delivered notification that says I signed for it this morning =@

When I called the USPS they said that signature was listed as waived (not by me) and the address was unreadable so they didn't have it in their system. They opened a case for it. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Syro

31 minutes ago, Syro said:

After cancelling my VF-1S at NY and reordering and using Tenso, I just got a delivered notification that says I signed for it this morning =@

When I called the USPS they said that signature was listed as waived (not by me) and the address was unreadable so they didn't have it in their system. They opened a case for it. 

Capture.PNG

And some think it's a good idea to put these people in charge of heath care.........

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Postal/Gooberment workers.;)

Gotcha... I think the issue is Japanese shippers may not use be using standard fonts and for OCR software it can have trouble reading anything but the main common 12.  Man this sucks but maybe I can get them to switch to something readable by the USPS scanners and help others down the line. 

Edited by Syro

5 minutes ago, Syro said:

Gotcha... I think the issue is Japanese shippers may not use be using standard fonts and for OCR software it can have trouble reading anything but the main common 12.  Man this sucks but maybe I can get them to switch to something readable by the USPS scanners and help others down the line. 

A bunch of people use Tenso. 

I have my first shipment coming from Tenso right now. I already have tracking through USPS. I don't think the driver needs to be able to read the address. Just the tracking number.

My driver was telling me yesterday that their new hand scanners have a GPS in them now and it alerts them if they're delivering a package to the wrong address. I would think with that level of sophistication they don't need to read labels anymore (aside from the tracking number).

Even if the address  label is unreadable , their internal system will still show who delivered and to where along with the time of the delivery.  The station can ask the courier who did the delivery if he recall where he might have mis delivered.

if they say the signature is waived it’s very possible that when he was delivering to a business bulk stop , he accidentally scan and delivered your package to them .

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

A bunch of people use Tenso. 

I have my first shipment coming from Tenso right now. I already have tracking through USPS. I don't think the driver needs to be able to read the address. Just the tracking number.

My driver was telling me yesterday that their new hand scanners have a GPS in them now and it alerts them if they're delivering a package to the wrong address. I would think with that level of sophistication they don't need to read labels anymore (aside from the tracking number).

Yeah someone from the post office called me about the case at lunch (and yes they can track the exact gps location). It was at the neighbors :yahoo:

IMG_20191204_160006487.jpg

15 minutes ago, F360 said:

Even if the address  label is unreadable , their internal system will still show who delivered and to where along with the time of the delivery.  The station can ask the courier who did the delivery if he recall where he might have mis delivered.

if they say the signature is waived it’s very possible that when he was delivering to a business bulk stop , he accidentally scan and delivered your package to them .

So much better than the 80-90s :D i really thought i was screwed

Just now, Guyffon said:

Nice pics, but no missiles for the rest of the valks?

Plenty.:D

I kinda like the 1J naked (at least for now). It's very clean looking without a ton of color going on.

I just got the Fighter and Gerwalk 1S's out of the box tonight in a short window. They're just kinda chucked in the cabinet. That entire shelf needs work. And hopefully I see strike packs in 4 weeks or so. Then I'll be back at zero again getting everything where I want it.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Plenty.:D

I kinda like the 1J naked (at least for now). It's very clean looking without a ton of color going on.

I just got the Fighter and Gerwalk 1S's out of the box tonight in a short window. They're just kinda chucked in the cabinet. That entire shelf needs work. And hopefully I see strike packs in 4 weeks or so. Then I'll be back at zero again getting everything where I want it.

That explains some mistransformed parts in the pics, but that is some really nice 1Ses you have there

My compensation from Play-Asia!:D They offered me free shipping of any amount for my next 2 orders, however, I proposed buying from Buyee and that they reimburse me the difference in store credits. Cool of them to accept my suggestion.

For their kind gesture, I bought the Metal build Eva 02 in return as a form of support.

IMG_20191204_161124.jpg