Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

whoa...this is advanced pre-ordering techniques!

This is what it takes to find the HLJ links, ever since they screwed their site design to hell with web-design bloat.

Also, I have an idea.. not posting it yet to keep the idea safe from scalpers.  But thank you for pointing out the JAN number, that might be exactly what we need.

10 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

The JAN code for the TV Max is:

So 56722 seems to match with that?  But they cut off the last digit for some reason?  Anyhow, if you found the JAN code for the Hikaru release, you might be able to figure out the link ahead of time.  

Who knows how far in advance HLJ makes their pages, though.  It could be just a few minutes, or a few hours.

Though the 1A is a different string than 1J. I confirmed that the BANS also reflected the same digits within the 1J JAN but the URL string isn’t consistent otherwise.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Deleted for scalpers?
5 minutes ago, jenius said:

If they want to make it a fairly complete line (and Max's 1A release seems to indicate that they do) then they would want to intersperse slow sellers with hits to keep people interested. If they sold the three most popular valks first then more and more people would tune out as they kept releasing more and more obscure schemes. By holding Roy's 1S back, they build up demand as the word gets out and move more units of the variants that come out before that one. That's my guess any way. Maybe we'll get Max's DYRL VF-1A next... 

yea great point - i assume they also want to make sure people won't tap out with their wallets too quickly on the popular models. 

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Though the 1A is a different string than 1J. I confirmed that the BANS also reflected the same digits within the 1J JAN but the URL string isn’t consistent otherwise.

Yeah, the 1J was tagged with "limited edition" because it came with the stand, so the link was slightly different.

Anyway, far as posting links goes, I'm just being cautious about feeding the search bots too early.  I did test the addresses, and nothing coming up yet, so either they'll be different again, or HLJ just doesn't post their pages until release time, which sounds like what I remember of them in the past.

Edited by Chronocidal
2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This is what it takes to find the HLJ links, ever since they screwed their site design to hell with web-design bloat.

Also, I have an idea.. not posting it yet to keep the idea safe from scalpers.  But thank you for pointing out the JAN number, that might be exactly what we need.

Thanks to @HardlyNever and @DYRL VF-1S :lol:

Would be a pretty novel way to get it, how reliable is it, i gather there would be randomness in numbers and spelling...It would be pretty nerve wrecking to keep trying during the time and get 404's..

11 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

What's the easiest option 1999 or Amiami?

I have never had ANY luck with Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) - their page always goes straight from pre-orders not yet open to sold out.

Just now, dapro said:

Amiami limit to one per household. There was no limit last before right?

I believe it was 2 on the 1J and 1 on the 1A

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I have never had ANY luck with Hobby Search (1999.co.jp) - their page always goes straight from pre-orders not yet open to sold out.

100% this. I've never even sniffed a PO with them.

2 minutes ago, dapro said:

Amiami limit to one per household. There was no limit last before right?

I'm fairly sure that it was a limit of 2 for the 1J, maybe 1 for the 1A last time, but can't remember for sure.

13 hours ago, JetJockey said:

So I guess people are running bots on these sites like Mondo posters?

Orders like ours this high of unique quantity are sent into a blackhole as the security appliance thinks it is a possible attack.

Edited by oshanmacross
1 hour ago, oshanmacross said:

Us paperboys used to ride the bus from the LAX area to DTLA and just go insane!
Other stop was Books Nippan on 6th.
Maybe get out with a Yamato or Megazone 23 poster...
Those more lucky had a ARII or IMAII model.

Sry, Forgive this old timer for derailing thread ^_^

I was in the Books Nippon shop on 6th around the same Macross Plus came out, they had a promotional poster on the wall with Isamu on the front, though they wouldn't sell it to me I did end buying some awesome books from them... good times! 

26 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I've managed a couple of times, but you really have to be riding the wind to get a preorder there. <_<

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I've managed a couple of times, but you really have to be riding the wind to get a preorder there. <_<

I’ve basically given up on them and am not going to even waste time trying. Time that could be spent on other PO sites with much bigger chances of success... 

My F5 key is ready for another round. Let's see if the Mecha Gods will allow me to get a VF-1S and a GX-88 Vehicle Voltron tonight.

Unfortunately you cannot URL sniff HLJ PO pages because they only become active publicly when HLJ opens the PO. ;)

You can however spam the link at 1600 JST and maybe 1-5 minutes later the link will work and mad rush to attempt to check out.