Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

10 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

I just noticed they forgot an intake cover on max lol. Still an epic pose. I got to stop visiting this topic though. I’m about to pull the trigger on one of these lol

I thought you didn't want it? :spiteful:

1 minute ago, ErikElvis said:

Do I just bite the bullet ay NY?  Or go with my gut that they allotted less but are making more. 

The price diff between those two decision might not be that big.

1 minute ago, ErikElvis said:

Ok that took very little convincing. Just got one from NY.  If I can get another at msrp at release then I’ll pick up another. 

Nice.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

I am leaning toward what @jenius said. That is what I did for the 1J.

But I can totally understand @vlenhoff and are thinking of just pay up and calling it a day. This depends on where you live, $100 will just enough to buy an ok dinner for my family here in the bay area.

So either way, I am chill now. Not lucky enough to get a nice discount with PO, life move on.

The Bay Area is also at the top end of "expensive places in the USA" and is not what I would use to represent the rest of the country. For most people, $100 is still a substantial chunk of change.

It's already an expensive item to begin with, and the profiteering from scalpers and certain shops is not something to be welcomed. On the flip side, it's not a necessity either, so it's a wash.

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The Bay Area is also at the top end of "expensive places in the USA" and is not what I would use to represent the rest of the country. For most people, $100 is still a substantial chunk of change.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive to live around here, but at least the job pays for my valk habit I guess.

At least down in the South bay a good meal is only about $20 per person.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

It's already an expensive item to begin with, and the profiteering from scalpers and certain shops is not something to be welcomed. On the flip side, it's not a necessity either, so it's a wash.

You are right. Just trying to make myself feel less upset about missing the PO. Have to try to trivialize the mark up for my own sake.

The system creates an opportunity for the scalper. Nothing we can do about it.

4 hours ago, easnoddy said:

1S Fokker, 1J Max, 1J Milia, 1J CF, 1A Kakizaki, 1A CF, 1A Alaska, 1A Angel Birds, 1A Cavaliers, 1D Trainer, 1D Virgin Road...only 11 SDFM repaints to go...it's gonna be a long road...

I'd honestly love it if they did Kakizaki next and then Alaska base, I'd be ecstatic!  I hope they stick to SDFM.

VF-1S, Kakizaki , VF-1J M&M and Cannon fodder by next year. I’ll take it to Vegas. :p

1 hour ago, kkx said:

You are right. Just trying to make myself feel less upset about missing the PO. Have to try to trivialize the mark up for my own sake.

The system creates an opportunity for the scalper. Nothing we can do about it.

Doesn’t seem like any of us are joining the Exodus outta Cali, so we gotta stick to our guns..

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, it's pretty expensive to live around here, but at least the job pays for my valk habit I guess.

At least down in the South bay a good meal is only about $20 per person.

Indeed! B)) Same in the north bay..

*sigh* 

So now, the downward spiral begins.

Since I ended up pre-ordering a DX VF-1A, of course now I need missiles for Max's bird. So I just pre-ordered a set from NY.

Why do I now have this paranoia in the back of my mind that AmiAmi will send me an email soon telling me my VF-1A pre-order was cancelled, and I will end up being stuck with missiles and no bird to attach them to? 

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Why do I now have this paranoia in the back of my mind that AmiAmi will send me an email soon telling me my VF-1A pre-order was cancelled, and I will end up being stuck with missiles and no bird to attach them to? 

I had my pre-order for the DX VF-1J with them, and they fulfilled it. I have had nothing but good experiences with Amiami. I hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hey, if you got the cash, more power to you! :)

I got three at regular price. One for me, one for a friend, and haven't decided on the third. 

This is an expensive hobby. And this crazy PO doesn't make it easier/cheaper.

I was thinking of giving up on the DX line, but but but... when I look at the posted photo, I just can't stop myself. :( Why am I so weak.....

Anyway, if you do decide to sell the third, please help out this poor chap that never once get an PO in. 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh* 

Since I ended up pre-ordering a DX VF-1A, of course now I need missiles for Max's bird. So I just pre-ordered a set from NY.

I was on the fence with the missiles. Can take that off your hand if it does come to that (I hope it will not).

But more importantly, how about the missing VF-1J, Max will be lonely when he arrives in September, better start hunting for his friend (and good luck). :evil grin:

16 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Hi no3ljm. Oh, sorry I didn't know it will take that much time and effort. It's okay if you don't want to do it. Also, I made a mistake. It's not from the 2nd movie but rather the final episode of the TV series (ep 25). It's around the 15:17 to 15:55 minute mark. Of course some of the scenes inbetween need to be edited out for a more concise video

Hey Archie. Sure. No worries about it. I'll try to watch that specific areas and see what I can do. It might take awhile since I have to see what to superimpose whatever frame by frame. We shall see. If not, I'll try to come up with something close to your description. ;)

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Canceling preorders because they took too many is an HLJ glitch, not Amiami. 

BTW, had anyone that get one at HLJ seen any cancellation? I hope they get the glitch fixed. It will be such a disappointment if it does happened.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh* 

I was in NY PO night cracked out from sleep depravation at 3 AM and had the missiles in my cart just staying active when the damn PO opened up. I landed a Max then but was too rapid fire in the order to remove the missiles. So, yeah, he’s going to have a missile set now. You’re not alone. 

I already had a set ordered for Hikaru and was content with that...oh well. You know Super Parts will be coming at some point...and as already quoted:

”Shut up and take my money!”

- Fry

Thanks Shizuka and rest for posting.

I didn't know that orders open up on release, cuz I'm still looking for a 1j.  I thought they were going to put up another "regular/standard" release of the 1j without the "first release" stand. Guess I'll look on release date cuz I don't like paying markup.

That blue paint looks almost candy, and the side of vent close to the cockpit looks purplish.  nice.  

58 minutes ago, kkx said:

I was on the fence with the missiles. Can take that off your hand if it does come to that (I hope it will not).

But more importantly, how about the missing VF-1J, Max will be lonely when he arrives in September, better start hunting for his friend (and good luck). :evil grin:

I really really do not want to collect the entire DX VF-1 line. 

Okay, yes, I would love the have the entire line, but want to exhibit some modicum of self-control.

Since I have Max, I know I have to get Miria. 

But, maybe I can resist Hikaru.  Well, given how much Hikaru has been marked up, I think I can probably resist.... hopefully.

1 minute ago, RED WOLF said:

Order from NY and be done with it. You'll feel better. I know I do. In the end my time and sanity is worth more than the $70 difference. 

You are right. I should do it. Seeing a few that did make me feel more like doing it too.

Well, was going to pull the trigger on the YF-19 full set that I had been eyeing to make up for the bad feeling I have from missing Max. Will decide between them tonight. Max and NY cost about the same as the YF-19.

I am feeling high levels of salt right now....

I found I had a tupperware full of 1/48 yammie missiles in storage and with just a few swipes of a file I was able to get them to fit just fine on the 1/48 DX.....

Looks like I'll be selling those two overpriced DX missile sets I preordered since I have enough yammy missiles to equip a fleet of VF-1's

20190410_004612_HDR_2.thumb.jpg.6f11522257541d22477a3c5e0c365844.jpg

Edited by Duymon