Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

On 10/29/2023 at 8:50 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

That sounds like an amazing project. But it makes me wonder about all those DX with no gunpod. What happened? The same seller also has a lot for V/YF-19 gunpods as well.

Honestly, I totally skipped that for this. Thanks a cool friend.image.png.229d10271022e77918fa5809449036d0.png
Now to find the son’ itch Valk that goes with it.

Every time I look at my plush gunpod, it makes me smile because of how patently ridiculous and fun it is. Still one of my all-time favorite Macross purchases.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

If they want to maximize WWM...then that rules out any SDFM/DYRL items....

If that is the case...I'd really like an SV-303

large.20211209_221057.jpg.5ccfed1473115d

I'd very much like to see an Sv-303 release, too.

For the earlier Delta shows, Bandai seemed more adventurous with their model kits, giving us schemes that never came out in toy form. For the most recent movie though, nary a SV-303 in sight even for a model kit, so hope is more distant for a Chogokin SV-303.. :unsure:

48 minutes ago, R0P3-F15H said:

Be funny if the clear covers are glued on.

Lol.. but if looking at the announced parts & the instruction manual @Shawn posted earlier, there will be the normal colour covers included to swap out the clear ones with. :good:

30 minutes ago, MKT said:

Lol.. but if looking at the announced parts & the instruction manual @Shawn posted earlier, there will be the normal colour covers included to swap out the clear ones with. :good:

But you see... they glue them at the factory for the other versions. my thought is, a few sets might accidentally get glued again here, but all in all... i wonder if they will do re-releases of the super parts separate from this now? its still an... odd tactic.... to do a VF-1S release with it, and not have a separate new super parts release.

Edited by R0P3-F15H

1 hour ago, R0P3-F15H said:

But you see... they glue them at the factory for the other versions. my thought is, a few sets might accidentally get glued again here, but all in all... i wonder if they will do re-releases of the super parts separate from this now? its still an... odd tactic.... to do a VF-1S release with it, and not have a separate new super parts release.

I think it would be kind of pointless to rerelease the movie/tv super parts without the new gimmick! I also think that they wanted to do this from the get go, but didn't have the engineering figured out at the beginning, hence them gluing the first release... I'm sure from now on all ValK's will feature (Mechanical Edition) Gimmick. 

Since the changed the box art radically different from the previous releases, I wander if we are entering a new phase?

image.jpeg.c33e99d727a062a9e4ad5e3469ffd82d.jpeg

2 minutes ago, grogall said:

I think it would be kind of pointless to rerelease the movie/tv super parts without the new gimmick! I also think that they wanted to do this from the get go, but didn't have the engineering figured out at the beginning, hence them gluing the first release... I'm sure from now on all ValK's will feature (Mechanical Edition) Gimmick. 

Since the changed the box art radically different from the previous releases, I wander if we are entering a new phase?

maybe they want to do a M&M VF-1J release? so it pushed them to do this sooner, i could see that tbh. I can only hope future releases come with super parts now.

Edited by R0P3-F15H

17 minutes ago, grogall said:

I also think that they wanted to do this from the get go, but didn't have the engineering figured out at the beginning, hence them gluing the first release... I'm sure from now on all ValK's will feature (Mechanical Edition) Gimmick. 

Engineering-schmengineering.  They didn't do it because they either fouled up the production and the assembly monkeys got glue everywhere, or they couldn't be arsed to spend the extra money to paint the internals.  There was never anything stopping them they couldn't have easily overcome if they wanted to.

8 hours ago, Duymon said:

Please, Bandai, take the hit and release Kakizaki's TV VF-1A so that I can have my full early Vermillion Squadron.

M&M 1J's would also be nice 

I'd be happy with a Kakizaki DYRL reissue first! ;)

3 hours ago, grogall said:

3 hours ago, R0P3-F15H said:

maybe they want to do a M&M VF-1J release? so it pushed them to do this sooner, i could see that tbh. I can only hope future releases come with super parts now.

That gives me hope of a DYRL Kakizaki. Even if an lottery/exclusive, I think I'd brave the proxy route for it.

35 minutes ago, Firefox21 said:

Has the DX VF-1A ever comes out with the brown one? The last I see is the Angel Bird scheme.

As of yet, No! The only none white version was the VF-1D

I also just noticed that there is only the left sided missile launcher with the right side being the strike cannon, I hope they didn't glue the red Skull Squadron emblem! I would really like to use this with the VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki 😟

Edited by grogall

I decided to snag one on mercari JP through Buyee, as there is currently a 12% off coupon. I'm sure the price will most likely go lower, over the next couple of days, but the next two weeks will be so busy for me that I was comfortable paying this amount and not having to worrying about it further. 😅

image.png.4f676e461f12d54e588a3535cb16881f.png

11 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Engineering-schmengineering.  They didn't do it because they either fouled up the production and the assembly monkeys got glue everywhere, or they couldn't be arsed to spend the extra money to paint the internals.  There was never anything stopping them they couldn't have easily overcome if they wanted to.

+1

Yup. Totally!

simply just plain ol' Bandai Assymmetry shenanigans, imho...

---

at any rate, a user-yt of this release...

Edited by treatment

With those issues, I’m glad that I stopped getting the DX VF-1 valks and not getting the Hikaru 1s with the clear parts (or Kaki and the Angel Birds version). Just getting really nit picky and might pick up DX 1s DYRL Max if Bandai decides to make it. 

7 hours ago, treatment said:

from the yt above, guess this is STILL an issue with the Bandai DX VF-1 series...

image.png.b3b5f4dc657ecbd0097f741ceca8b648.png

:clapping:

On one hand, i don't think i ever experience this issue to much, and if i push them in enough they stay pretty strong... on the other hand it wouldn't hurt for there to be a second peg point for the legs to hook into here so the arms don't droop. even have a little cover for it? i guess they just don't expect people to move it around much and only have it on display so see it as a non issue?

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Sigh... Such an easy thing for them to fix but they ignore it.

What, and admit they were wrong about something that someone else did better 15 years ago? :p 

It occurs to me you could easily fix all four of those stupid pegs fairly easily, or at least the arms.  Just notch out part of the thickness of the tab at the base so you have a tooth, and then slide the arms forward or back to lock it.

Or, you know, just make the tabs big enough to actually provide enough friction, you pisswaffles. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

Lets tone down the 'pisswaffles' type comments please, you can criticize in a less crude manner here.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in person! I like the details I've seen so far, and the different interpretation of the fast pack internals vs Yamato.
I think we have 4 unique versions now...Club-M which looks like the Gold Book Poster, the Yamato, which went with individual missiles, the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 which changed the engines a little, but kept the individual missiles, and finally the DX, which returns to the missile tube version, but adds the little engine details (like the little spheres)

31 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Lets tone down the 'pisswaffles' type comments please, you can criticize in a less crude manner here.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in person! I like the details I've seen so far, and the different interpretation of the fast pack internals vs Yamato.
I think we have 4 unique versions now...Club-M which looks like the Gold Book Poster, the Yamato, which went with individual missiles, the Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 which changed the engines a little, but kept the individual missiles, and finally the DX, which returns to the missile tube version, but adds the little engine details (like the little spheres)

Im really hoping they are going to be releasing future sets with their supers now tbh! then i won't have to deal with scalpers to get a super set ah hah ( i like the missile tube a lot actually )

44 minutes ago, MKT said:

Super Ostrich is next. Yesss! 

0592AAF4-3D34-48E7-BBED-B375C698D0BE.jpeg.60ce61b136d2545ed575be47f1d4c41e.jpeg

Oh WOW! I actually thought it was too soon for this, Hence my comment from previous page. But very exited to finally be able to get one to replace my 1:55 Chunky Monkey my Mom gave away...😥 So this will probably release in March!? Awesome hope we get more detail on Saturday! 😊 Thanks for posting! 👍🏻It would be really cool if this had (Mechanical Edition) Gimmick,,, So next up VE-1? 🤗

Edited by grogall