17 hours ago, seti88 said:

I think hayate's supers match messer's better due to the tie-in of blue with the reaper emblem, or the tie-up of blacks with messer's stripes.
The other way round, its does make hayate's 31J valk look special Op-ish due to the large area's of black in battroid, but the tie-in isnt that strong...

I think arad's supers with the teal would look like jungle camo-ish...maaaann....

Btw, nice photoshop skillz there noel! Bandai shld give u a commision for helping to move the supers! ^_^

Thanks Seti! Been using Photoshop since '96. We made dero doing it so that's an achievement. ^_^ 

16 hours ago, dero said:

Was intending skipping the Messer super parts for the incoming Messer order... seems like I can't now.  *sigh*

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

Welcome to the forums! lolz....

Welcome indeed. ;) 

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

btw incoming! from tochiro's tweet...

C2rqm7jUUAAw2kc.jpg

Yowza! I'm in! :wub: 

3 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I hate the 31A in general. The new wing parts are terrible and the color scheme is bland and boring. It's like the bran flakes of VF designs.

I'm not a big fan of low vis Valks, but I really like the VF-31A in general. For me the VF-1 low vis looks more bland than this one. Probably because of the plane design that's why I like this one more. Definitely will buy one if Bandai decides to make this one too. ;) 

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Here you go...Scan0005.jpg

Question guys. Is the back pack container suppose to look like this in Kairos? Is this canon or just plain custom? Because I remember seeing them in action in episode 6 wearing Super Parts too but the container definitely resembles the one that Siegfried's carry. I also remember seeing the part that extends after the area where the green flap charger/sensor releases missiles too. But not from where the photo shows which is the other half of the container. Any verificaiton on this?

I remember asking the same question and someone mentioned it was(?)/or likely in the technical specifications of the 31A.

The above kairos is a custom kit by KUWA of frame-out models, but i don't think it was pulled out of a rabbit's hat..

However, for a "DX" 31A, bandai will usually follow the episodes shown, which do not have those backpack missiles.

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Natch, and it is my favorite, and I did pre-order one. Though it isn't the color scheme that gets me so much that it is the ace pilot model. I also pre-ordered Keith's Draken for the same reason... though I do also really like his color scheme (and plus this allows for the perfect rival display).

I also like Max a lot in SDFM for the same reason.. and his colors are rather flashy compared to others in that show.

I have to admit that i always had a crush on Max's VF too. Especially the VF-1S in DYRL. I also pre-ordered Keith's Draken but for me what got me of that aircraft is the mix between the "fantasy" elements(the sword, the golden lines, the emblem, the shield etc.) and the war-machine feel, especially with the super/fast pack(which i am really looking forward to). Actually now that i think about it what really got me into Delta in the beginning was the J-RPG atmospehere that there was in the first 10-12 episodes or so. Sorry if i am going OT!

2 hours ago, spanner said:

just secured a 4th VF-31J.. this time from Mandarake! only 21k :D

wow...31 aside..would you have room for the the popes too? green and white? and da albino anubis?
where do u have the space for em? ^_^:o

Edited by seti88

I have this sinking feeling that even though the Kairos doesn't just call out to me, I'll try to get one anyway. The Chronos looks superior in every conceivable way, to my eye. It's too bad that we likely won't see a reissued Chronos with the same engineering improvements featured in the Siegfried.

1 hour ago, Axelay said:

I have this sinking feeling that even though the Kairos doesn't just call out to me, I'll try to get one anyway. The Chronos looks superior in every conceivable way, to my eye. It's too bad that we likely won't see a reissued Chronos with the same engineering improvements featured in the Siegfried.

It would be so awesome to have the Chronos updated with all of the built-in tabs, etc... Of the Siegfried.

Edited by Mommar

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

I remember asking the same question and someone mentioned it was(?)/or likely in the technical specifications of the 31A.

The above kairos is a custom kit by KUWA of frame-out models, but i don't think it was pulled out of a rabbit's hat..

However, for a "DX" 31A, bandai will usually follow the episodes shown, which do not have those backpack missiles.

I see. Well, even if it has that pack, I still looking forward to see a DX VF-31A. ;) 

12 hours ago, IXTL said:

It's still a wonder how the crotch armor locks in place. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

You're only just now getting your fourth? Getting slow in your old age. :D

well technically it would be my 5th! but one went to Scream Man in a trade deal so yeah this is only 4.. this one will be my "play with" example! :D

how many have you got mind me asking? anyone know who bought the most in here?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

well technically it would be my 5th! but one went to Scream Man in a trade deal so yeah this is only 4.. this one will be my "play with" example! :D

how many have you got mind me asking? anyone know who bought the most in here?

Bought a fourth earlier this week. That'll be it for me. Need to prepare my wallet for the March and April releases!

My very quick and dirty 31J. Just did a wash and added some shading. Also painted in the shoulder sensors. That's pretty much it. Nothing fancy. :)

The hard part was just trying to take anything apart because of Bandai's 'screw & glue' approach to these toys.

Just battroid pics for now. I'll get some gerwalk and fighter mode pics after I fix something I totally messed up. :blink:

31J battroid 01.jpg

31J battroid 02.jpg

That's one flexible battroid.

31J battroid 03.jpg

31J battroid 04.jpg

31J battroid 05.jpg

31J battroid 06.jpg

31J battroid 07.jpg

31J battroid 08.jpg

31J battroid 09.jpg

31J battroid 10.jpg

31J battroid 11.jpg

31J battroid 12.jpg

31J battroid 13.jpg

31J battroid 14.jpg

51 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

It would really suck to have your VF-31 on this truck enroute to you... Hope there are no members in utah waiting for a fedex package:

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/holy-crap-this-passenger-train-totally-obliterated-a-f-1791591707

no worries. all international packages are by Fedex Express .  The truck/trailer is Fedex Ground.

it's pretty mess up that the crossing gate and signal started working again after the crash but not before.

8 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

That really pops!

Thanks! Gonna need a bunch more alpha stands for all the upcoming Delta valkyries. ;)

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Looks great with some panel lines and slight weathering! Great job! 

Thank you! Aside from laziness, I wanted to keep it as light as possible. I wanted to stay close to the clean CGI models and also they hardly saw any action anyway. :lol:

8 hours ago, spanner said:

amazing work Lolicon! maybe I could customize my fourth one!? hehe! just kidding. 

hopefully it arrives today.. DHL tracking says delivery by end of day today but still hasn't scanned on board with the driver as yet.

It's so hard to find time do this stuff when you're at work all the time, isn't it? I've had mine for a month now. A more skilled individual with a bit more free time probably could you have done this in a couple days. :lol:

My fourth was delayed by a few days as I added a few more items to my shipment. It's on the way now! 

Did yours arrive yet? 

Edited by Lolicon

43 minutes ago, Graham said:

I forget, were there any scenes in the anime where we saw the pod on the VF-31A Kairos in the open position? 

If anybody can remember, can you please post the episode number, or a screenshot, thanks.

The only time I remember that it shown in open position was when it's with MMP armor by mr, Alpha leader.

Ep 06  starts at 14:42.xh9q7G1.jpgマクロス_20170116_10.gif

Hey are those small micro missiles shooting out beside the gunpod barndoors in the gif? 

It looks too close to the pod to be part of the background swarm......You wont notice it unless you pay really close attention...perhaps micro missiles as part of the backpod could be true after all??