Thanks for the heads up. ;)

From Tochiro's post. Love the silhouette. Makes me thing they're making a transforming 'Yukikaze' planes. ^_^

VF-31 confirmed.

Prototype Chogokin to be displayed at Tamashii Nations 2015 starting this Friday.

image.jpg
Edited by no3ljm

So that's what happens when a YF-19 and a YF-30 love each other very much.

Silhouette shows promise. Not long now.

Edited by Sildani

I love the look of it, but I was hoping to see something with the wings a bit more in a position to the center of the valkyrie. Not that this is a bad thing, but IMO, it does make it look a bit anorexic. I guess I can't really complain. It is the fashion. Still hella excited about the stream tonight, and the visuals to come. Great time to be a fan.

I just hope that it will have somehow more on the VF-1's wing backpack than the VF-25's. ;) Storing the VF-1's is a lot better than the VF-25's. :lol:

But since it's the 'VF-31', it's safe to assume that it will have the same back pack as the YF-30's. :wacko:

Anyways, looking forward to the display pictures. ^_^

I just hope that it will have somehow more on the VF-1's wing backpack than the VF-25's. ;) Storing the VF-1's is a lot better than the VF-25's. :lol:

That's my #1 complaint about valk designs the past decade---the wings no longer transform/store anywhere---there's just a huge single-hinge backpack that is the entire upper fuselage with the wings attached. It was bad enough on the -25, but it's just horrendous on the -29. -27 has same problem with its "tail"---but at least the wings are double-hinged to fold in a bit, along with the engines.

That's my #1 complaint about valk designs the past decade---the wings no longer transform/store anywhere---there's just a huge single-hinge backpack that is the entire upper fuselage with the wings attached. It was bad enough on the -25, but it's just horrendous on the -29. -27 has same problem with its "tail"---but at least the wings are double-hinged to fold in a bit, along with the engines.

Yeah, if they could fold more to make it compact, the better. Coz I don't think we will ever going to see another YF/VF-19 wing folding gimik to the thigh. More or less another VF-1 backpack on this new gen Valks.

>>VF-31 is forward swapped wing

Like VF-9 Cutlass?

Not surprised in the least, although the forward swept wings are a bit unexpected. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that it didn't end up looking more like the YF-30. I bet you this won't remain the main valk in the show, and there will be a new cutting edge valk introduced before the series end. ;)

Edited by Kyp Durron

Not surprised in the least, although the forward swept wings are a bit unexpected. I'm actually a little bit disappointed that it didn't end up looking more like the YF-30. I bet you this won't remain the main valk in the show, and there will be a new cutting edge valk introduced before the series end. ;)

Agreed. I have a strong feeling about this too. Well im certainly hoping so anyways!

Next thing is how many episodes will be in the new series? 30 is a good round number..

I don't think these are forward swept wings. I think they are downward angled, which without any dept to go on with the art, make it look like it's forward swept.

Yep. Although with this being, probably, the main Valkyrie in the series, there's an excellent chance we'll finally see the other weapon pods. One of those might be to your liking, DWC.