Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Arcadia couldn't pay me to buy any of those items Sound Force. And to be perfectly honest, if they did make those, they'd be $ 300 + a pop and no one but the true diehards would buy them. And then bye bye Arcadia because those 200* people (give or take) cannot support a company.

It really is a no brainer for them to stick with the VF-1, re-release some items that haven't been released in years, and/or, do some custom or less known schemes to lure the fanbase into buying.

-b.

*that number is a rough estimate based purely on my dislike of Macross 7 and associated Valkyrie designs :p

Please. It's not like M7 was the first show to put boobs on a mecha. :p

I didn't like the show but I'd totally buy the rest of sound force if Arcadia released them. But, as others have stated, I doubt there's much market for high end toys of those valkyries.

I think an eventual HMR version is more likely, if Bandai doesn't pull the plug on it before they reach M7.

Want those soundforce valks even though I didn't get the gold reissue...

There's some available on ebay from $375-390 something. I think that's still a good price given that the initial msrp was Y37000+.

As much as I would like to see a booby Valk, I'm sure it's not gonna translate perfectly into a 'perfect transforming' toy and that for sure will agitate kids from MacrossWorld. :lol:

perfect transformation.. maybe difficult with those boobs in the way! will definitely be partsforming! LOL! :p:lol:

Macross Delta is a new gateway for that chesty, j-pop-a-rockin' Valkyrie aesthetic. If there was ever a time for Arcadia to join in with more Macross 7 toys, now's the time. They could even use it as an excuse to update and reissue the standard VF-17 and VF-11 molds. ;)

Anyway, these are day one pre-orders for me if Arcadia ever decides to risk it. B))

Macross Delta is a new gateway for that chesty, j-pop-a-rockin' Valkyrie aesthetic. If there was ever a time for Arcadia to join in with more Macross 7 toys, now's the time. They could even use it as an excuse to update and reissue the standard VF-17 and VF-11 molds. ;)

Anyway, these are day one pre-orders for me if Arcadia ever decides to risk it. B))

But before they do Mac7, they need to make a v2 YF-21 first. And on the side re-release all those expensive VF-1's in between new mold releases. C'mon Arcadia, you can do it! ;)

But before they do Mac7, they need to make a v2 YF-21 first. And on the side re-release all those expensive VF-1's in between new mold releases. C'mon Arcadia, you can do it! ;)

Sure! I'm on board with those too. :lol:B))

Arcadia, you have your orders for the next 10 years (fit in the TV SDF-1 too while you're at it) :p

I'd buy the rest of Firebomber. What's a cool company name for the third try? :D

From Yamato, to Arcadia, so the next company name would have to be Macross.

They really do need to revisit the YF-21. Surely they can make it better. I would throw down money for an updated one to go along with the new 19.

I'd like to see what they could do with the YF-21 mold. It's already a great toy (much better than the old YF-19 ever was) I love the Yamato YF-21, the sculpt, fit and finish are great, even by today standards (yeah I know the feet are small).

Just because I was looking through some old pics of mine, I'll give you delimiter mode VF-22:

3749384313_8628d90e71_o.jpg

3750173676_42f1949d09_o.jpg

3749383247_06d76ce9db_o.jpg

Im probably being excessively hopeful on this one but geez it would be nice if Arcadia re-issued the 1:60 Regult kit.. In fact I'd happily pay upwards of a grand if they released it as a completed toy! Yeah that would be a lot of money but the thing is huge keeping in mind.

I imagine they still have all the molds for pretty much everything Yamato ever did so I don't see why they can re-release the kit.

Hope the 1:3000 SDF-1 gets some consideration down the track. Both the movie and a tv version!

You know you want it!! Thank god I was able to secure two (and EXO who helped me to get my second one)!!

28064044551_92bf6a5e30_b.jpg

28142790795_01050a0699_b.jpg

27527354633_5075ac6096_b.jpg

OMG!!! that is friggin epic! I want one sooo bad! Hey would you consider selling me one of yours!? ;)

It really is friggin epic and friggin huge, and although the HMR Regult is better (only as a playable toy), every 1/60 collection deserves one 1/60 Regult (the sculpt is beautiful and it scales just perfect with the 1/60 VF-1). I don't want to let them go but one day one of them could go to a new home, who knows?? ;)

Ignacio, I love how your Regult turned out. It looks like it was done inhouse at Yamato. I'd like to pick your brain about the build, if you have the time.

All parts were first cleaned with warm water and soap to get rid of the mold release agent. All the little flash that was present was cut/sanded away and then the build began (the legs were puttied to get rid of the seam lines) I carefully masked all subassemblies and then I started painting it. I gave it 3/4 light coats with spray cans and after that 3 matte clear coats. Just the feet, lower and upper legs had the halves that form them glued and puttied because I didn't want any seam lines running along the legs. The rest of the kit was put together without any glue (Yamato designed an interlocking mechanism for all the parts.) It took me two and a half years to finish it because we bought a new house with my wife, then my first son was born and then we added a second story to the house (all in between).

Oh my god that thing is beautiful!

Can that Zentradi ride inside of it?

If you take the crotch armor away you can squeeze him in ;)

It really is friggin epic and friggin huge, and although the HMR Regult is better (only as a playable toy), every 1/60 collection deserves one 1/60 Regult (the sculpt is beautiful and it scales just perfect with the 1/60 VF-1). I don't want to let them go but one day one of them could go to a new home, who knows?? ;)

hit me up ok! :p:lol:

Arcadia couldn't pay me to buy any of those items Sound Force. And to be perfectly honest, if they did make those, they'd be $ 300 + a pop and no one but the true diehards would buy them. And then bye bye Arcadia because those 200* people (give or take) cannot support a company.

It really is a no brainer for them to stick with the VF-1, re-release some items that haven't been released in years, and/or, do some custom or less known schemes to lure the fanbase into buying.

-b.

*that number is a rough estimate based purely on my dislike of Macross 7 and associated Valkyrie designs :p

Exact sentiment.

Best bet VF-1 variant (M&M, VF-1D, Angel bird, Stand alone SS part)

SDF-1

Regult (smaller scale also acceptable)

$$$$$ will flow in

@ Ignacio Ocamica:

Very beautiful Regult :wub:

Ok am just thinking down the something new route and not re-releases.

Yamcardia had SDFM/DRYL/M+/M7/M0 related valks covered before. Will they cover something from MF, since bandai had their go on MF releases?

Else they could go down the macross 30 game route.

I don't think i would go down more newer releases of stuff from M0, as i thk MF would be a nice pull factor for them.

And i already know which valk is needed; an arcadia vf-25s armored valk! B)) Arcadia QA issues notwithstanding!

All parts were first cleaned with warm water and soap to get rid of the mold release agent. All the little flash that was present was cut/sanded away and then the build began (the legs were puttied to get rid of the seam lines) I carefully masked all subassemblies and then I started painting it. I gave it 3/4 light coats with spray cans and after that 3 matte clear coats. Just the feet, lower and upper legs had the halves that form them glued and puttied because I didn't want any seam lines running along the legs. The rest of the kit was put together without any glue (Yamato designed an interlocking mechanism for all the parts.) It took me two and a half years to finish it because we bought a new house with my wife, then my first son was born and then we added a second story to the house (all in between).

If you take the crotch armor away you can squeeze him in ;)

Thanks for the synopsis, Ignacio :)

I've gotta get around to commissioning someone to put mine together someday :p

Ok am just thinking down the something new route and not re-releases.

Yamcardia had SDFM/DRYL/M+/M7/M0 related valks covered before. Will they cover something from MF, since bandai had their go on MF releases?

Else they could go down the macross 30 game route.

I don't think i would go down more newer releases of stuff from M0, as i thk MF would be a nice pull factor for them.

And i already know which valk is needed; an arcadia vf-25s armored valk! B)) Arcadia QA issues notwithstanding!

Depends on who has the rights on producing certain figures. ;)