Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Mr K said they got 10 molds from Yamato. He didn't say which but I'd assume the 10 most recent molds were probably taken. He did mention the 1/48 is not one of them since the molds are broken.

10 Macross-related moulds or 10 general moulds from Yamato?

Iirc, Arcadia's re-releasing the Garland or something, so that might count against that "10" moulds stuff.

Very dubious...the description still mentioned "yamato", most likely just a copy and paste from old promo....

I think the seller is trying to catch attention for collectors who miss out the SDF-1. Seller is ard since 2011 with many positive feedback. Looks legit to me.

Well. who knows? Thats 10 months away. Lets see.

Edited by confuseguy

If Arcadia really does reissue the SDF-1, I hope they give it a proper box like they have been with their other reissues. The box of the first toy really peeves me. A high end collectible in a box that seems a bit too small and is super flimsy... it's a bummer.

Hmm... if I were to spend 35,000 yen on a Macross collectable, would I rather it be an SDF-1 or a 1/35 VF-1? :p

When in doubt, get both... :lol:

Agreed the packaging need to be improved, costing this high the box should let the customer to feel buying a masterpiece instead of cheap toy...

My wallet's ready for the Super M&M''s reissue, Arcadia edition.

It'll prolly be moar ready if they don't try to bundle it together for the ultimate sticker-shock...

:bump:

if they do release em its kinda close to the HMR's....bandai already got my wallet for max/milla..scale differences aside of course...

Unless they price it cheaper, which would be the day when we start seeing pigs piloting valks :lol:

if they do release em its kinda close to the HMR's....bandai already got my wallet for max/milla..scale differences aside of course...

Unless they price it cheaper, which would be the day when we start seeing pigs piloting valks :lol:

I'm expecting at least 20k-yen for each.

After po-discounts. :o:cray:

We can all fervently wish we can get each at 15k-yen on po, at least...

Hmm... if I were to spend 35,000 yen on a Macross collectable, would I rather it be an SDF-1 or a 1/35 VF-1? :p

In today's market I don't think both figures will have that Y35000 price tag. :lol:

1/3000 SDF-1 reissue would probably cost double the original price. DX 1/35 VF-1 is probably the same price range too. Remember how much the Chogokin Figuarts Hulkbuster when it came out? It's around Y35000. So 1/35 scaled transformable VF-1 will cost more than that for sure. ^_^

1/3000 SDF-1 reissue would probably cost double the original price. DX 1/35 VF-1 is probably the same price range too. Remember how much the Chogokin Figuarts Hulkbuster when it came out? It's around Y35000. So 1/35 scaled transformable VF-1 will cost more than that for sure. ^_^

I'm a bit more optimistic now that Arcadia would not double the price of the 1/3000 SDF-1. If Arcadia ever really reissue it.

Just mainly due to the recent msrp of the VF-4G reissue.

In today's market I don't think both figures will have that Y35000 price tag. :lol:

SDF-1 would likely not be double the price. treatment is right, the VF-4G was actually a bit cheaper than the original release. A new 1/3000 SDF-1 would likely cost the same as the old one.

I would have already pulled the trigger on a 1:3000 SDF-1 and spent upwards or over $1000 but the fact there is (even if only slight) chance Arcadia will re-issue it AND the fact its DYRL and not my preferred TV version are factors that have held me back..

But.. if Arcadia do re-issue it and its around 30 to 35k then even though its the DYRL version I'd definitely buy it!

My crystal ball tell me 42000 yen, :lol:

SDF1

my crystal ball let me down too many times so I threw it against the wall and it exploded into a thousand little pieces!

even so 42k yen is the better part of $550 aud! i'd probably still buy it though!

goes to show how weak the aussie dollar is as 42k yen is $410 usd..

I'm a bit more optimistic now that Arcadia would not double the price of the 1/3000 SDF-1. If Arcadia ever really reissue it.

Just mainly due to the recent msrp of the VF-4G reissue.

True. And I want to be optimistic as well. ^_^ But we can't just compare it to the VF-4G reissue, right? Look at the recent VF-1S + SSP reissue as an example. Was that the same MSRP back then? And that's more recent than the VF-4G. What I'm just saying is that I want to be prepared also if they announce a reissue only to say that this time the price is doubled. Then I don't need to get mad and start bashing Arcadia once again. But if they do price it the same, then I guess all of us needs to celebrate then. ^_^

Really ? Is it for real? It will be so awesome!...don't get my hopes up....

I thk the non scale battle seven might be in the limelight as per mr k's tweet there was supervision on it and something abt next week...

Sorta a yawn for me so will wake when there is a valk announcement ..

I thk the non scale battle seven might be in the limelight as per mr k's tweet there was supervision on it and something abt next week...

Sorta a yawn for me so will wake when there is a valk announcement ..

I'm too tired to yawn so I'll go ahead... :lazy:

I would pay lots of monies for a 1/60 YF-21 reissue. It's the only thing i'm missing <_<

Well, if you are not picky about it being an Arcadia release, you could probably get a first edition release for under $70. Those early ones come up quite a bit. For example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YF-21-ADVANCED-VARIABLE-FIGHTER-MACROSS-1994-Complete-w-Original-Box-Yamato-/302069796504

It kills me that Arcadia are so conservative with their releases while all of the other companies are striking while the Macross irons are hot. It's as if they are trying not to make mistakes Yamato made, but over-correcting, all while Macross fandom seems to be steadily growing/reviving. Yamato was early to the party, and now it appears as though Arcadia might not be late per se, but they're definitely dragging their feet.