Jump to content

Whats next for Arcadia?


Recommended Posts

Mine looks the same.  My credit card shows a charge just for the VF-0D so far.  Nothing for shipping.  

I looked back in my order history with them from back in 2017 (the premium finish SDF-1 Macross), but it also only shows the payment for the item.  I can't remember if there was free shipping or not.  Maybe someone with a more recent order might have some insight.

I'm in Japan, so I'm not sure exactly if it'll be the same (but Tenso is a Japanese address right?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Yugure0 said:

Mine looks the same.  My credit card shows a charge just for the VF-0D so far.  Nothing for shipping.  

I looked back in my order history with them from back in 2017 (the premium finish SDF-1 Macross), but it also only shows the payment for the item.  I can't remember if there was free shipping or not.  Maybe someone with a more recent order might have some insight.

I'm in Japan, so I'm not sure exactly if it'll be the same (but Tenso is a Japanese address right?)

Thank you for checking! Yes, my Tenso address is in Tokyo and Arcadia only ships to Japanese addresses, so this might actually work out. :good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shawn said:

HLJ has the PF YF-19 with Fast Packs pre-order up...OMG $510
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-fully-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-premium-finish-acamrk821572

This hobby is getting too damn expensive....that is a lot of money  :(

image.thumb.png.8525bdc4f74bf3f2252bab60e090b4c8.png

 

 

Right? That's what keeps me from doing a lot with collectibles! Next thing ya know, one of these will literally cost a kidney!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shawn said:

HLJ has the PF YF-19 with Fast Packs pre-order up...OMG $510
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-fully-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-premium-finish-acamrk821572

This hobby is getting too damn expensive....that is a lot of money  :(

image.thumb.png.8525bdc4f74bf3f2252bab60e090b4c8.png

 

 

Yup, price comes down a smidge if you buy in Yen using a card with free currency conversion.

In my case I blew a 20% off coupon on it, brought it right around the Arcadia webstore price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

HLJ is on the very high end of the cost there, Anime Export has it for much closer to the Arcadia price, about $90 less.  The only benefit for HLJ is being able to pay at release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

HLJ is on the very high end of the cost there, Anime Export has it for much closer to the Arcadia price, about $90 less.  The only benefit for HLJ is being able to pay at release.

Pay on release, ability to combine shipping with other HLJ purchases (and shipping fees make that very worthwhile these days), and the availability of surface shipping.

Probably break-even at best though, given the upcharge at HLJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shawn said:

HLJ has the PF YF-19 with Fast Packs pre-order up...OMG $510
https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-fully-transformable-yf-19-with-fast-pack-premium-finish-acamrk821572

This hobby is getting too damn expensive....that is a lot of money  :(

image.thumb.png.8525bdc4f74bf3f2252bab60e090b4c8.png

 

 

It's this kind of price difference between the regular and premium finish that has me considering making more supplemental decal sets for collectors who want to turn their regular finish valks into premium ones on their own. I certainly can't justify dropping $500 plus shipping on this. That's equal to two DX valks....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's this kind of price difference between the regular and premium finish that has me considering making more supplemental decal sets for collectors who want to turn their regular finish valks into premium ones on their own. I certainly can't justify dropping $500 plus shipping on this. That's equal to two DX valks....

Oh man if you do plan on making a decal set for the YF-19, I'll totally skip this release in favor of that. 500 bucks is a lot and I already have two of these babies, so if I can just decal and panel them myself, I will. I actually enjoy working on my valkyries to get them above stock level. :good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

It's this kind of price difference between the regular and premium finish that has me considering making more supplemental decal sets for collectors who want to turn their regular finish valks into premium ones on their own. I certainly can't justify dropping $500 plus shipping on this. That's equal to two DX valks....

Oh sir. I'm in for YF-19 as well. :hi:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 7:31 AM, Lolicon said:

Oh man if you do plan on making a decal set for the YF-19, I'll totally skip this release in favor of that. 500 bucks is a lot and I already have two of these babies, so if I can just decal and panel them myself, I will. I actually enjoy working on my valkyries to get them above stock level. :good:

 

On 3/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, no3Ljm said:

Oh sir. I'm in for YF-19 as well. :hi:

 

Seriously thinking about it.
 

Right now, though, I’m wondering if anyone who scored an order during the Arcadia sale last Friday has received a shipping notification. It’s been radio silence for me.... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

 

Seriously thinking about it.
 

Right now, though, I’m wondering if anyone who scored an order during the Arcadia sale last Friday has received a shipping notification. It’s been radio silence for me.... :(

Shipping will only start after the sale ends.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dgco86 said:

Shipping will only start after the sale ends.

Much appreciated. I missed that piece of information. It looks like Arcadia posted it on the opening day of the sale, right when everyone (including me) was focused on repeatedly hitting the F5 key in the hopes of snagging an item....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Much appreciated. I missed that piece of information. It looks like Arcadia posted it on the opening day of the sale, right when everyone (including me) was focused on repeatedly hitting the F5 key in the hopes of snagging an item....

What did you land btw? I only picked up Reactive Armor because I didn't stay up for this one and all the good stuff was obviously gone by the time I woke up. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

What did you land btw? I only picked up Reactive Armor because I didn't stay up for this one and all the good stuff was obviously gone by the time I woke up. :)

I managed to get a 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II. Completed my order in the first minute of the sale. Sold out a few minutes later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For folks who expressed interest in a decal set for the YF-19, I should be able to do it (assuming my printer continues to work). I'm basing that decision on a scan (see below) of the sheet that comes with the first issue of the regular finish and an assumption that Arcadia won't change it for the reissue. Like the set I just made for the VF-4, there's probably a bunch of stuff that can be dropped to make the sheet more economical.

Arcadia-Stickers-1-HD.jpg

(scan courtesy of the Scorched Earth Toys blog, aka @jenius)

Edited by Anasazi37
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

For folks who expressed interest in a decal set for the YF-19, I should be able to do it (assuming my printer continues to work). I'm basing that decision on a scan (see below) of the sheet that comes with the first issue of the regular finish and an assumption that Arcadia won't change it for the reissue. Like the set I just made for the VF-4, there's probably a bunch of stuff that can be dropped to make the sheet more economical.

Arcadia-Stickers-1-HD.jpg

(scan courtesy of the Scorched Earth Toys blog, aka @jenius)

Woohoo!

Don't need to go full Master File on those markings. Maybe later tonight I'll pull a scan of the Hasegawa decal sheet and see what markings it should have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received notification early this morning that my 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II has shipped! Based on the tracking info, it looks to be heading to the correct post office for Tenso, so there's a halfway decent chance that this might actually work out. Fingers crossed....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 11:20 AM, Anasazi37 said:

For folks who expressed interest in a decal set for the YF-19, I should be able to do it (assuming my printer continues to work). I'm basing that decision on a scan (see below) of the sheet that comes with the first issue of the regular finish and an assumption that Arcadia won't change it for the reissue. Like the set I just made for the VF-4, there's probably a bunch of stuff that can be dropped to make the sheet more economical.

Arcadia-Stickers-1-HD.jpg

(scan courtesy of the Scorched Earth Toys blog, aka @jenius)

Me! Me! Me! Me too! :yahoo:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Received notification early this morning that my 1/60 SF-3A Lancer II has shipped! Based on the tracking info, it looks to be heading to the correct post office for Tenso, so there's a halfway decent chance that this might actually work out. Fingers crossed....

Oh I’ve done it twice to Tenso with Arcadia. Most recent was my PF VF-4. It’ll work just fine. For my shipping notice from the same sale too. Looking forward to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

My VF-0D just arrived!

Anasazi and F360:  I can confirm that shipping was free domestically in Japan.

1282B6C9-0DB0-406E-9320-FD9183A54D04.jpeg

Congrats , this is best looking Premium Finish Valk to date.  :good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

My VF-0D just arrived!

Anasazi and F360:  I can confirm that shipping was free domestically in Japan.

1282B6C9-0DB0-406E-9320-FD9183A54D04.jpeg

Glad to hear that yours arrived safely! Mine reached Tenso yesterday and should ship to the US tomorrow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Yugure0 said:

My VF-0D just arrived!

Anasazi and F360:  I can confirm that shipping was free domestically in Japan.

1282B6C9-0DB0-406E-9320-FD9183A54D04.jpeg

I have to agree with the above sentiment that the PF 0D is probably the single best PT valkyrie toy ever, with the only drawback being the hefty price tag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, seti88 said:

New from arcadia and max factory! This is going to be the bestest valk toy evar!!

Only $250!

 

Per:p

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, seti88 said:

pricing for eventual PE release! :D

I'm sure the PF version will cost at least another $150.

And since it's a collaboration with Max Factory, the decals and pipe cleaner arms and legs will be sold separately for at least $60 each, but each set of arms and legs will only contain one arm and one leg, so you'll have to buy two for each valk.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ah yes, but it comes with stick figures wearing hikaru/roy/max helmet.

The trainer has an extra stick figure with minmay/lisa's hair.

worth it!

Edited by seti88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooner or later a tie dyed  SV-52 will be announced and everyone will be clamming up $800 for it @arbit. So get your funds ready for that release. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...