Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Got my missed drop off notice today. I'll have to pick it it up tomorrow. I got hammered with custom fees - over $50 dollars worth. Damn this is ended up being a $450 doller valk for me. It better be worth it.

I got hammered too ....almost 100 dollars (33% of the total price with shipping).

I finally have had a chance to partially decal one of my 0S's. To be honest it needs very little to look good. Also, I hate the giant white 301 they expect you to put on the right wing. It looks bad no matter how you trim it because the black color bleeds through and the white of the sticker doesn't match the off white of the valk.

Edited by Mommar

anyone know what amiami charges for shipping via EMS since I couldnt get a estimate through their website ?

I don't know, but I am interested as well... This might influence my decision.

To give you guys idea, I paid Y4000 for using EMS on my VF-0D. Hope that helps.

Edit: Btw, I got my VF-0D from AmiAmi. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

To give you guys idea, I paid Y4000 for using EMS on my VF-0D. Hope that helps.

That does help. That's the 2.0kg EMS rate, and I can't imagine that the VF-0S in-box is heavier than the VF-0D. So, 35200 JPY all-in ~ 300.25 USD + exchange fee.

Edited my post above. But yes, like someone said earlier on the VF-2SS Thread, it's cheaper to get items from AmiAmi but the shipping cost is higher than HLJ. And by saying that, almost the total from both stores are the same. HLJ total is atleast $8-12 expensive. But you have a peace of mind because of their customer service. ;)

Ok. So I just check my 0A, and yes, it already had a scratch caused by the metal pin under the heatshield. :(

post-5552-0-24853700-1452385659_thumb.jpeg

Here's the culprit.

post-5552-0-01503100-1452385676_thumb.jpeg

I also checked my 0D, and so far that one is still scratch-free. I checked the metal pin on that one and somehow it's perfectly sits well. The one on my 0A is somehow potruding. :(

Reiterating my post from the VF-2SS thread:

In my one purchase with it, I also noticed Amiami charged a greater shipping fee than HLJ's usual rates. In my case, a 13,000 yen purchase had a 7000 yen shipping fee attached, completely negating the sale discount I was taking advantage of and making the total cost more or less the same as if I had just purchased from HLJ at their regular prices.

I also receive everything in a box nearly thrice as big as it needed to be. So... yeah. There's that.

anyone know what amiami charges for shipping via EMS since I couldnt get a estimate through their website ?

It should be 4000 yen for ems

Macross vf-0s
HLJ 34800 + 2980 = 37780
Amiami 31200 + 4000 = 35200
I was going to say nippon-yasan would be cheaper but they raise their vf-0s price to 33,800 from 29780.
I got it from nippon-yasan before their raise the price which totals to 33780 shipping ems.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ok. So I just check my 0A, and yes, it already had a scratch caused by the metal pin under the heatshield. :(

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Here's the culprit.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I also checked my 0D, and so far that one is still scratch-free. I checked the metal pin on that one and somehow it's perfectly sits well. The one on my 0A is somehow potruding. :(

i didn't use any sandpaper. just household toothpaste and clean white t-shirt corner.

toothpaste works fine. the brand that works best on clear plastic is crest complete multi benefit w/ extra whitening. my scratch was really deep but it came out after rubbing mildly for about 5 hours w breaks.

definitely use some toothpaste and it'll come out.

No way Kakizaki is that good. :p

he probably WAS that good :rolleyes:

Probably he's just 'lucky' coz he's always panicking based on the clip. Hahaha! :lol:

definitely use some toothpaste and it'll come out.

Toothpaste is an extremely fine abrasive. It takes forever, but it does eventually get out fine scratches.

Will try this since I don't have Tamiya Rubbing Compound. Thanks guys! ^_^

how many other people have had their VF-0 canopy's get scratched after switching to Battroid mode? I almost a little fearful on checking mine.. don't want to discover any bad news..

You have two, yes? One in Battroid and one in Fighter mode? If so, keep it that way for your peace of mind. ;)

You have two, yes? One in Battroid and one in Fighter mode? If so, keep it that way for your peace of mind. ;)

yeah I have two each A & S with one of each in battroid.. I figured that both variants would suffer the same issue being pretty much identical with only different paint scheme and head units so yeah you're probably right that I should just leave the two I have in battroid as is. -_-

yeah I have two each A & S with one of each in battroid.. I figured that both variants would suffer the same issue being pretty much identical with only different paint scheme and head units so yeah you're probably right that I should just leave the two I have in battroid as is. -_-

Yeah, but if you decide on checking it atleast you know that it can be remedied by 'toothpaste'. ;) If I have extra time tonight, I'll try to figure it out if I can push the pin back in so that it will not have any contacts again on the canopy. Or will see if I can just add Tamiya tape in it. Will post pics soon.