Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Anybody finshed the Macross Factory kit (1/100 scale from Bandai)? Wonder how they look with Hi-Metals. I got the kit but haven't had time to build and won't have time to build for a loooong time.

I'm sure it will look great with this line. I haven't had time to build mine either.

Still no more news of the Hi-metal VF-2SS with SAP.............sigh :(

That's the only one I'm interested in.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of VF-1 toys.

Graham

I wish I could go 20 years back in time and show you this post :p

Glaug costs 13000 yen, almost 2 Regults.

Destroid Monster won the poll as expected, so it will be released after the Glaug. 2nd and 3rd place were M&M.

Sadly, NJ Ger got 9th place.

Where did you get the price and the results of the poll? I don't see it anywhere on the Tamashii site.

VF-1 toys will always have a place in my heart even though I have way too many lol. I am really in to this line for scaling bad guys with VF-1's.

*Edit* Crap I logged in to my machine and forgot to refresh the thread. I meant this towards Graham being exhausted with VF-1 toys.

Edited by Loop

My Hikaru arrived over the weekend and I absolutely love it! The new head sculpt looks wonderful and is a massive improvement over the old Hi-Metal VF-1S (though it is a bit of a shame that the visor no longer fully tucks away in fighter mode, worth it for the vastly superior look in battroid though). I always thought the whole swappable wings thing Bandai likes to do was silly, but the anime-style small wings for battroid mode are a brilliant usage of that feature. The grey they used for the body looks great (it is a shade darker than the VF-1J GBP's grey) and the added tampo detail is so nice to see. Extremely happy they included saluting hands, as that's always been one of my all time scenes from DYRL. Best of all, the joints are so much tighter than the old 1S' ever were. And man, that box art by Tenjin is so dang sweet. :D

I was kinda iffy about forking over nearly $100 for the new Hi-Metal VF-1S Roy preorder, but I'm now so glad I did after seeing in-hand how vastly improved this VF-1S is.

Cannot wait for the Regult and Glaug to arrive!

post-197-0-61929200-1450763461_thumb.jpg

With his big brother. :lol:

post-197-0-30912600-1450763467_thumb.jpg

As nice as they are, it seems a bit fishy to me that the M&M placed 2nd and 3rd in the voting. They're gonna be mostly an easy recolor of the existing HM-R 1J mould and the FPs.

Can't believe both the Q-Rau(tv) and the Spartan lose out to them.

Heck! Armored-1J (tv) placed higher than the Spartan. :blink:

This isn't that surprising really. When Hasbro had voting at SDCC 2015 for new Legends toys every idiot on the planet kept voting for Black Suit Spider-Man, like that wasn't going to get made anyway especially considering they have a million Spider-Man molds that could easily be repainted for it. Instead of voting for the new/more interesting molds a bunch of idiots went for that. So, yeah, even if some other HiMetal Destroids or Enemy mecha are more interesting you're still going to have a HUGE, idiotic, portion of the population vote for the easiest repaint option over something more interesting or rare.

It's nice to see the Monster in first place though, at least somebody has their priorities kind of right.

Edited by Mommar

I'm surprised that the VF-1J Max came in at 2nd place because it looked like nobody bought it during the original HM run. On the secondary market, it was the cheapest and most easily obtainable of all the original HM VF-1's, despite the fact that it was a Tamashii exclusive. Bandai must be perplexed by fans asking for a toy that they won't buy.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that Max & Milia's Fast Packs are sporting strange color schemes on Bandai's colored line art? Hopefully it's just a snafu and not an official revision.

Hopefully, Bandai goes websclusive/made-to-order on the Monster....as awesome as it is...that beast has the potential to be a line killer if let loose as a regular release.... ;) ...I don't want this line to die yet...need that TV Q-Rau and Spartan!

Maybe for the Destroids Bandai can partner up with some hobby mags and sell them as exclusives....that would be a fun chase....

Gotta_Catch_Em_All_logo.png

On a side note, did anyone else notice that Max & Milia's Fast Packs are sporting strange color schemes on Bandai's colored line art? Hopefully it's just a snafu and not an official revision.

I think they started that nonsense with the release of their recent 1/72 kits....it's more noticeable on the Milia I think....

But, I can forgive it at this scale and for this line....plus, the armor isn't exactly TV canon anyway....so I'll just think of them as some DYRL post-SWI variants... ^_^

18K-22K for the Monster.......

This isn't that surprising really. When Hasbro had voting at SDCC 2015 for new Legends toys every idiot on the planet kept voting for Black Suit Spider-Man, like that wasn't going to get made anyway especially considering they have a million Spider-Man molds that could easily be repainted for it. Instead of voting for the new/more interesting molds a bunch of idiots went for that. So, yeah, even if some other HiMetal Destroids or Enemy mecha are more interesting you're still going to have a HUGE, idiotic, portion of the population vote for the easiest repaint option over something more interesting or rare.

It's nice to see the Monster in first place though, at least somebody has their priorities kind of right.

I've always suspected such polls are rigged.

#7...do people REALLY need a slightly different armored vf-1j? i mean that design was pretty much the same especially at this smaller scale the difference would be...even smaller? i do think poll is rigged though 2, 3, 7 are super easy recolors of already released stuff. the monster...#1...they already had planned before the poll. an SDFM (tv) Q-RAU does sound nice. The N- Ger making the list is nice too but so low...i think 7 should be removed and replaced with something else...like a vf-1d or super ostrich or a 1a brownie. at preorder prices i'd consider army building (welll 3-5 anyway) brownies

Edited by Mechapilot77

They may not have been my personal choice, but max and millia Valkyries have always been very popular. These also have the super packs to raise their interest.

Most of us are just thinking of these as repainted, but to a lot of others they represent favorite characters.

I personally agree they were too high on the list for my taste but I don't believe the poll was rigged or that the people voting were just stupid.

We all love macross just some people tend to personalize a machine rather than look at the design.

I really do hope that all the choices get made and maybe a couple of repaints I don't need will give me a couple of months to recover from trying to get the glaug and monster which will surely kill my wallet.