Hi-Metal R

joppewo

New Vs Old

So How does the new Hikky 1s stack up against the Old Roy 1s?

Hikky wins on the head sculpt hands down, but that's pretty much it.

How are the joints of New vs Old, I never got the old H-metal VF-1s but the newer ones, all the joints are pretty tight.

the mark up at image anime is a steep $90 on the regult. I think that's almost $30 higher than most Japanese sites. I have not checked all the details on their holiday discount promotion, but if it's like some other deals the more you spend on their site the more you save. It may only bring the price down a bit but to someone having trouble getting a preorder in it could be an option.

I think I already mentioned gg infinite having the Roy 1s for $120, which again is high but they also have a holiday discount.

Not sure on other sites but if you do a little shopping around there could be some options.

How are the joints of New vs Old, I never got the old H-metal VF-1s but the newer ones, all the joints are pretty tight.

On my old VF-1S Roy, the hip joints have gotten pretty loose. Even when Roy was brand-new the hips were a bit loose, but they've definitely gotten worse over time. My Roy also has a knee cover that likes to fall down at the slightest touch in battroid.

The Hi-Metal R GBP I've got is much, much tighter than my Roy ever was pretty much across the board.

Still waiting for AmiAmi to ship my Hikaru 1S. I've asked them about it, and they're waiting for one more Figuart I've preordered to come in-stock, but I've seen that Figuart come in and out of stock a couple times now so I don't get the hold up is. <_<

Wow, the R is missing more red paint apps besides the red dot on the head.

It's missing red dots at the hips and nose cone (I think they're reverse thrusters, though animated as lasers in some instances in SDFM)...

It's like they've deliberately left it out on the R line...or they're running low on red paint :p

New Vs Old

So How does the new Hikky 1s stack up against the Old Roy 1s?

It's personal taste but I like the old DYRL White and the lighter , greener fastpacks.

The Hikaru white/grey makes it look almost low-viz especially in the shadows...

Question: Why is the nose cone removable? Does it serve any purpose?

In case you decide to slap on the armored parts. It was probably easier to make them all using 1 mold.

I thought the same thing until I Saw the nose pegs are reversed on the 1s compared to the 1j. PIcs when I get home. Dafuq Bandai?

Edited by Duymon

Liking armored Gerwalk mode after seeing some of the posted pics. I managed to get the shoulder armor on, but I had to keep the wings swept all the way back. It also limits the arm movement a great deal. Still looks hella cool, though.

If only there was a way to have some foot articulation with the foot covers you could get some better poses.

post-690-0-48364400-1449761678_thumb.jpg

Edited by sharky

So, got my Hikaru VF-1S's in a couple of days ago. Haven't devoted a lot of time with playing with the one that I opened but my overall impression is that it's a nice toy, for the niche that it fills.

No need to add pictures since there are a ton already up, and hands-down better than any I could take myself.

My other immediate impression was that I wish Bandai would make one in DX Chogokin scale (1/60'ish). The Hi-Metal line is too small for my personal preference and all I could think was I wish it was larger. Not because I wanted more/better/fancier gimmicks but because it would be more fun to play with. It reminded me of a really expensive, really cool, Christmas Tree ornament of a VF-1S - not a statement on quality or anything like that, just a comment on how 'small' it felt when I handled it. This then led me to think it was a bit over-priced, but so is most Macross merchandise so not really a big deal.

It's a cool line and nicer than I expected, I won't collect them all, only what catches my eye. I'll also add that I would be 1000 times quicker to sell these on the open market than my other Valkyries - from any Macross series and by any company.

-b.

*edit for spelling

Edited by Kanedas Bike

So there you go, they do consider the Hikaru VF-1J GBP TV version to be a different toy. That's why the pilot figure is so bizarre on the first release though it doesn't explain some color choices.

I'm really curious to see what will win... it's nice that, other than the Hikaru VF-1J GBP, all those other toys are more on the obscure side.

Just got an email from ny stating they can't offer the pay later option for the hi-metal Roy. Payment is due by dec 18th. Merry Christmas.

NY must be running out of money. I got the same e-mail too. 1 week to pay for an item 4 months away, and I bet they won't even take responsibility if they fail to get the limited edition stands.

Didn't they already say that those exclusives needed to be prepaid from now on several months ago? This month is just catching up with those preorders. I just got hit with Bowser, and Royal Guards too. Preordered around the same time the change was instigated. Last month was like Hulkbuster and the month before that were the speeder-bikes or something.

I think it's the last call to ensure production numbers before production and it's actually kinda nice paying and forgetting. Friggin' horrible making sure I've covered myself for preorders each month then to add to that frustration something cooler comes up unannounced.

Edited by koonfasa

Just got an email from ny stating they can't offer the pay later option for the hi-metal Roy. Payment is due by dec 18th. Merry Christmas.

I got one too, pretty sucky in my opinion. I signed up for pay later, which I guess technically is happening, but later apparently means about a month later, not roughly at around time of release. Unfortunately I don't have it now, so I'm letting it cancel, this policy is pretty idiotic, maybe they should start labeling when they will decide to send out the still really early payment requests, just labeling the option pay later when it only gives you a little over a month after you pre-order to pay is not only shady in my opinion, but also barely correct advertising of the pay later function. Here we are at Christmas, and they are demanding $100 for a figure that won't release until April, go frakk yourself NY.

imagining having a glaug, some regults, AND valks and destroids in the same scale for the first time ever in toy form is REALLY exciting me. haha. yeah that NY payment thing is a bummer but i get that these are exclussives the shops have to put special orders in for so i'm okay so long as they can deliver.

they should always make things available through Tamashii (like the exclusives) that are built to order. That way when the online retailers run out of stock ppl are still able to get them at slightly above MSRPs instead of letting scalpers benefit. I really want to get into this line but my lifestyle does not allow me to sit in front of computer and hit F5 in the middle of the night.

NY announced a long time ago that they'd require upfront payment on Tamashii items, I was shocked I had the option not to pay when I ordered mine. Maybe they haven't figured out how to fix it on their site.

I get that, and I was aware long ago about this change of policy, my problem is they never outlined details for it, or how long before release they would start sending out payment requests. I expected, at earliest, maybe a month or two before release to get a payment request, but this is barely a month after I pre-ordered they already want their money. This pay later option isn't all that helpful in my opinion, yes I didn't have to pay exactly on the spot at the time of the order, but a month after pre-order? That isn't very helpful at all, if they were more up front with their time frames I'd be more forgiving, but they gave no details, they just said certain Bandai items can no longer be put on pay later, and they didn't give info on when pay later items would need to be paid for, once again, barely a month after pre-order means pretty much nothing to me. Sucky overall, I'll still end up getting a Roy 1S, but not from NY, not like this, as others said, this lack of details threw my budgeting off, I wasn't expecting to have to pay for an April release item now.

Yeah, I think they just need to figure out on their end how to turn off the pay later option for Tamashii items or someone goofed. I suspect they never meant for us to have the ability OR they will keep it this way and just make us pay when Bandai bills them a few weeks later going forward. Either way, lesson learned.