Hi-Metal R

joppewo

OK, so I decided to play with one of my Hi-Metal R VF-1J's and found that they forgot to install a pin through the arm at the elbow joint. The arm can be pulled off and will come off when posing the arm. Does anyone know where I can find one of these types of pins?

You can also try cutting up a paper clip for temporary. The guys over at the model section might know more on pining and where to get those hollow ones .

You can also try cutting up a paper clip for temporary. The guys over at the model section might know more on pining and where to get those hollow ones .

Hollow pins are called "roll pins." a decent hardware or tool store should carry some.

Guest davidwhangchoi

well if you are still deciding , then maybe you can look at the exchange rate and pay when the yen drops. :) it's 121yen to 1 USd today.

yeah, i am looking at the yen daily :) ... still not sure if i should get a pair or save for a vf-0s. i'm kinda hoping arcadia fixed the legs from falling off.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

When did they reissue the Luca ghost set? I must have just not noticed.

I think perhaps David was referring to the original single Ghost pack, and then the 3-in-1 that was packed with the Renewal Super parts.

i've been digging in past threads but it was tamashii re-released the renewal super w/ ghost set again

it was lottery based the second go around

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not to be pedantic, but does that count when it was not available to us and to only a select few in Japan itself? :lol:

prior to Nippon Yasan, all web exclusives weren't avail to us and only for residents of JYP. we think it's easily avail to us bc we've been spoiled w/ a proxy agent that's offering it like a storefront.

anyways, the re-release was the same web exclusive. (just limited in numbers) i think it was avail again at NY like any other web exclusive super parts.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

prior to Nippon Yasan, all web exclusives weren't avail to us and only for residents of JYP. we think it's easily avail to us bc we've been spoiled w/ a proxy agent that's offering it like a storefront.

anyways, the re-release was the same web exclusive. (just limited in numbers) i think it was avail again at NY like any other web exclusive super parts.

I was keeping an eye of them since they announced the VF-171EX Armored Parts and a few other add-ons as well but the prices remained the same; inflated. No idea if they eventually sold them slightly cheaper during one of their sales. Even if they did get those reissues, I don't think they were interested in offering them at close-to-retail prices.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I was keeping an eye of them since they announced the VF-171EX Armored Parts and a few other add-ons as well but the prices remained the same; inflated. No idea if they eventually sold them slightly cheaper during one of their sales. Even if they did get those reissues, I don't think they were interested in offering them at close-to-retail prices.

i see... i must've got another set then from another proxy, i got a second set around that time for base price. but you're right, it's not reliable for us to expect web exclusives to be released again so everyone grab your Roy Hi-metal now and hope you got the little stand with it.

i see... i must've got another set then from another proxy, i got a second set around that time for base price. but you're right, it's not reliable for us to expect web exclusives to be released again so everyone grab your Roy Hi-metal now and hope you got the little stand with it.

:huh: Your proxy managed to grab one of those lottery reissues? How did he manage it? I'd like to be prepared in case they do the same in the future.

welp!

Got my Strike-Hikky HM-R today.

Unlike Duymon, I'm more bothered by the complete exclusion of the basic Stage-Act stand than just the missing flat flight-adaptor. Dafuq, Bandai?

Quick thoughts for now:

• The naked HM-R 1S valk seems to be a bit tighter than the HM-R 1J out of the box.
  • At least on mine, the left right backleg-armor somehow does not quite secure itself enough that it disengages rather easily from the wing-tab connection in valk-mode. The left backleg-armor seems to be securely connecting, in contrast.
  • No included Stage-Act basic stand, unlike the HM-R Armored VF-1J. HM-R line doesn't come with any stand, except for the Tamashii Exclusive Roy.
  • The default wide head-lasers were ok at first, but it's annoying me now.

Here's a quick shot:

post-263-0-91712700-1450245764_thumb.jpg

I only took one photo for now since I'm instead alot more impressed (and playing more) with the awesome Ronin Boba Fett that was delivered today, too...

:bump:

edit: checked again and it was actually the right-backleg armor on mine that does not like to secure itself better than the left-backleg armor:

post-263-0-27657300-1450250853_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

I only took one photo for now since I'm instead alot more impressed (and playing more) with the awesome Ronin Boba Fett that was delivered today, too...

My Hikaru VF-1S is shipping with Ronin Boba too! Good to hear Boba is awesome, as I've really been looking forward to it. :D

Anyways, how does Hikaru hold together in fighter mode with the Strike parts attached? My old Roy VF-1S never really held together that great while in fighter with the Strike armor attached.

My Hikaru VF-1S is shipping with Ronin Boba too! Good to hear Boba is awesome, as I've really been looking forward to it. :D

Anyways, how does Hikaru hold together in fighter mode with the Strike parts attached? My old Roy VF-1S never really held together that great while in fighter with the Strike armor attached.

So far, mostly ok.

Like I said earlier, the left right leg-armor doesn't seem to secure itself enough to the body's back tab.

It's not loose; just not secure enough to my liking since I'm used to the old Yammies 1/60v2 which had secure-tight tab-connections.

edit: just re-checked and it was actually the right backleg-armor:

post-263-0-27607300-1450251060_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

lol!

Also, it bears stating the obvious that the backpack-FP are not secured like the yammie 1/60v2, so the hmr will do a slight pac-man due to gravity when you do a vertical take-off swoosh while using the backpack-fp to hold it.

It will not dislodge/flip-out completely, but just be aware of it.

I think the only way to swoosh it successfully via the backpack-fp without pacman-ing is by horizontal-angled swooshing. Horizontal-level swoosh may be ok, but gravity rule still applies.

Edited by treatment

If Bandai included stands that would mess up their marketing strategy where they only sell stands in packs of 3, pressuring collectors to buy figures in 3's in order to "not waste a stand"

:p

I've had a lot of those Tamashi stands. Pure junk.

Better off without them and try alternatives.

I've had a lot of those Tamashi stands. Pure junk.

Better off without them and try alternatives.

While they're certainly not high quality, they're functional enough. I have my Strike Hikaru lookin' pretty nice atop one now. For the HMR they seem like a great fit as it lets you forget that whole 'not integrated landing gears' issue.

Yeah.

Those SAs are functional enough for the HMR.

Don't really think the awesome Yeti-stand and other better stands than SAs are quite cost-effective for the HMR line. For the bigger Glaug and the probable Monster, yes. but just not for a 1/100 valk.

Edited by treatment

Can you use those Bandai stands that EXO made that adapter for yamato valks. I can't remember what they are called. I have a few of those somewhere. It'd be nice if they worked.

No, those would only work for Yamato/Arcadia valks. But maybe the stands they are for will work with the adapters provided. I'll look for the ones I have, I just put them away. :D

Yeah.

Those SAs are functional enough for the HMR.

Don't really think the awesome Yeti-stand and other better stands than SAs are quite cost-effective for the HMR line. For the bigger Glaug and the probable Monster, yes. but just not for a 1/100 valk.

They yeti stand should be able to hold a whole squadron though. Just ask him to make adapters that'll hold multiple valks. Or maybe even some Regults when they come out.

While they're certainly not high quality, they're functional enough. I have my Strike Hikaru lookin' pretty nice atop one now. For the HMR they seem like a great fit as it lets you forget that whole 'not integrated landing gears' issue.

Mine always crumble and break apart from any weight.