Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Here are some more pix:

Both pictures are showing one and the same wing. When attached to the right side, it does not spread all the way out.

@ Saburo - Thanks, please let me know your findings.

To everyone, please look at my original post at the previous page... So. Anyone else having the same problem?

post-458-0-49810600-1449614884_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-49353700-1449614903_thumb.jpg

Ouch. I guess that notched section near the clip allows the wing to spread all the way out by seating into the front side of the backplate? It would bother me only if I spread it all the way out like on the right but I usually only do it like the left pic. The notch is still visible though.

Edited by wmkjr

Here are some more pix:

Both pictures are showing one and the same wing. When attached to the right side, it does not spread all the way out.

To everyone, please look at my original post at the previous page... So. Anyone else having the same problem?

I checked my own and now understand what has happened. Mine is fine. I take back what I wrote previously. What happened to yours is that the tampo print guy got the top and bottom, left and right mixed up. Basically, he incorrectly printed the stripe on the bottom side of the left wing. So what you really have is two left wings. That's why it works correctly on the left side of your toy but not on the right side.

Here's my left and right wings (topside)

2015-12-08%2021.31.41_zps0ypne6jt.jpg

Here's the bottom side

2015-12-08%2021.31.20_zpstgnerjwp.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

Here are some more pix:

I checked it and everything seems to be ok with mine.

6A721DFF-2C9C-4D9B-9F66-C69D55CA8C70_zps

I checked my own and now understand what has happened. Mine is fine. I take back what I wrote previously. What happened to yours is that the tampo print guy got the top and bottom, left and right mixed up. Basically, he incorrectly printed the stripe on the bottom side of the left wing. So what you really have is two left wings. That's why it works correctly on the left side of your toy but not on the right side.

Here's my left and right wings (topside)

Here's the bottom side

Ah the mystery is solved, that's some bad QC. Sorry Bub. :(

I had a similar problem a couple of years back with a hcm pro qubelay. The right side waist armor was doubled and had a stupid looking left side due to the mistake. I had bought it at a collectors show and didn't notice the mistake until it was too late. When these kind of mistakes happen it can be depressing.

( not sure on the spelling for qubelay, forgive any mistakes please.)

Guest davidwhangchoi

how's everyone 's backpack holding up with the super parts? does anyone think it's going to droop down after a while.

(i have roy on pre order and curious if it's stable)

Here's the pic of the stand adapter difference.

post-25-0-15647300-1449640153_thumb.jpg

Left is VF-1j regular fighter mode adapter. The Right is the one that comes with the VF-1s strike.

Just wish they included both in the VF-1s as it'd be nice to have all the display options :(

Here's some quick comparisons between the old and new 1J. Basically nothing different cept for the color of the plastic, some tampo, the nose and shoulder joints.

The Older 1J does have something the new one doesn't; the option to use round TV hands instead of the DYRLs. Despite the chest lines being perfect horizontal they do spread wider on the older 1J which looks a tad bit better. Also has smaller kite symbols on the sides.

post-25-0-80237300-1449642000_thumb.jpg

The Arms are Beefier on the Newer ones.

post-25-0-87225400-1449642242_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-31389600-1449642372_thumb.jpg

I'll get comparisons between the new and old vf-1s later.

Edited by Duymon

so, not much differences between the old and the new 1J. So what's the hype about these being a better release than the previous ones?

well, maybe better head sculpt for the 1S and metal shoulder hinges for both (1J & 1S)...but thats it?

so, not much differences between the old and the new 1J. So what's the hype about these being a better release than the previous ones?

well, maybe better head sculpt for the 1S and metal shoulder hinges for both (1J & 1S)...but thats it?

Along with grayish paint, yeah, pretty much it.

Oh, and it also comes bundled with the GBP...

At least there is a guide for the dot to be painted. Too bad the arrows on the side of the head will be more difficult to deal with.

Oh yeah, huh? The head-arrows are indeed missing, too.

• missing red dot.
  • missing head arrows.
  • missing flat-adaptor for flight.

So what else is/are missing from this product?

Dafuq, Bandai?!

:5:

People shouldn't expect a VF-25 Renewal level of differences.

The Originals Hi-Metals were already pretty good toys already.

Just be happy you can now join in on the Hi-Metal love now.

An updated Skull Squadron in the new Grey and the blue-er fastpacks like on the Hikky will look nice >;D

Here's the older ones for reference

post-25-0-45472000-1377279081_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

I went ahead and grabbed a Hikaru 1S on NY, the price dipped to $91 from the $108 it was at just last night. I figured the price wouldn't move anywhere but up, so I might as well grab it now while I can. After EMS shipping, and paying in yen, I got away at $110 shipped, not too terrible, more then I wanted to pay, but I wanted it pretty badly so there you go.

I'd be happy with just one little Regult.....just one..but 3 would be better...*siiiigh*...guess I'll have to resort to EvilBay once they are actually out for a while. :unsure:

I believe just yesterday or the day before AmiAmi had more Regults up, for like 15 minutes. If you miss out on this first batch, I'd keep an eye open for when they announce the pre-order date for the missile variants, hopefully on those you can remove the missile bits and have just a basic Regult too.

For those that did not get a preorder for any hml items, some of the more expensive American sellers and websites have them on a large mark up. But most have their hooray sales going on. If there are other items those sellers have of interest you may be able to get a discount that could potentially bring the price into a much more reasonable range and may even get a discount on shipping.

For those that did not get a preorder for any hml items, some of the more expensive American sellers and websites have them on a large mark up. But most have their hooray sales going on. If there are other items those sellers have of interest you may be able to get a discount that could potentially bring the price into a much more reasonable range and may even get a discount on shipping.

Which American website or store are you talking about ? Holiday sales are not normally for new released items .

I'm surprised they are even allowed to sell Macross items, even at a high markup.

New Vs Old

So How does the new Hikky 1s stack up against the Old Roy 1s?

Hikky wins on the head sculpt hands down, but that's pretty much it.

It's personal taste but I like the old DYRL White and the lighter , greener fastpacks.

Also Hikky's a whiny emo. Roy 4 life (Jet Jockey for life)

Of course opinion will change once I get my Hi Metal R Roy :D

Btw, I noticed that the hi-metal R's have a new locking tab that clicks into notches on the chestplate in fighter mode. Totally unneeded as the old hi-metals had no prob staying in fighter mode. IT actually makes it harder to transform hahaha.

If you aren't getting ur fastpacks on straight like in these pics, ur doing it wrong. Just have fun freaking the hell out as you force click it into place. Memories of yammie 1/48 backpack anyone? tee hee hee

*Pardon that crappy pics. Too sleepy to use a real camera and photo booth after work today

post-25-0-72727000-1449722732_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-79530300-1449722733_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-62921200-1449722734_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-66577400-1449722735_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-66808200-1449722736_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-74764600-1449722737_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-71637800-1449722738_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-81130400-1449722739_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-73047500-1449722740_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon