Hi-Metal R

joppewo

They may not have been my personal choice, but max and millia Valkyries have always been very popular. These also have the super packs to raise their interest.

Most of us are just thinking of these as repainted, but to a lot of others they represent favorite characters.

I personally agree they were too high on the list for my taste but I don't believe the poll was rigged or that the people voting were just stupid.

We all love macross just some people tend to personalize a machine rather than look at the design.

I really do hope that all the choices get made and maybe a couple of repaints I don't need will give me a couple of months to recover from trying to get the glaug and monster which will surely kill my wallet.

No, not really. As both the then largely affordable Yamato 1/60's and the web exclusive Max 1J from the previous Hi-Metal line have shown they languish on store shelves really. Millia especially.

I could be wrong but I I think the Yamato max and millia were being sold at a higher price than most toys out at the time in Japan. And the original full metal line were web exclusives that were in stores were sold originally at a premium price that over time had to have discounts added in at a later time. They also had overproduction causing both lines to fail.

The average non transforming action figures like sh figuarts, revoltech, figma, and playarts in Japan today are sold at much higher prices than only a few years ago. Transforming hmr figures with accessories like fast packs, strike packs, and full armor are almost a bargain.

From what I have seen so far the hmr line doesn't seem to have a problem with over production. The Roy 1s is not sold out at a lot of retailers due to the web exclusive mark up even though Roy kits and toys have always been more popular than Hikaru Valkyries.

I have no doubt if the Roy Valkyrie were sold as a normal release it would have been an immediate sell out item, and maybe everyone able to vote in the poll were hoping their votes would make the max and millia a normal release instead of a web exclusive item.

First, I am new to this channel. I read this form most every day. For the most part I do enjoy your comments. I am very impressed with the revised Hi-Metal R line. I hope more people will buy into this line, so that we can all full fill our dreams of having all the mech's from SDF1 & DYRL [and beyond]. Here is my contribution to the already awesome images that had been uploaded to this form. Also I do look forward to getting all the 10 HiMetal R figures on the list.

HMR VF 1 Valkyries

My Personal Art link
Cheers!

I just hope I can afford all10 releases. But so far I like the variety of the prototypes. I guess it makes me feel like anything is possible. I love the Valkyries destroids and enemy mecha and have since I was a kid. Let's just hope bandai doesn't let us down.

THAT Destroid Monster is starting to grow on me and I don't want to start and buy another line. Gotta stay away from this thread. Hahaha! :lol:

Hahaha! That's what I used to say... And then I caved. Lol. Figured I might as well get the valks to have in scale with the regults and glaug... and I can let my son play with these

First, I am new to this channel. I read this form most every day. For the most part I do enjoy your comments. I am very impressed with the revised Hi-Metal R line. I hope more people will buy into this line, so that we can all full fill our dreams of having all the mech's from SDF1 & DYRL [and beyond]. Here is my contribution to the already awesome images that had been uploaded to this form. Also I do look forward to getting all the 10 HiMetal R figures on the list.

My Personal Art link

http://jinyol.deviantart.com/gallery/54782492/Drawing-Art-Works

Cheers!

Welcome! That lineup is really something to look forward to!

I just hope I can afford all10 releases. But so far I like the variety of the prototypes. I guess it makes me feel like anything is possible. I love the Valkyries destroids and enemy mecha and have since I was a kid. Let's just hope bandai doesn't let us down.

Yup,exciting times! Come on, Bandai! We're counting on you almost as much as you're counting on us!

My Personal Art link
Cheers!

welcome to the forums!

you got some nice pieces to start on your collection!

well, considering a DX Chogokin X Robot Spirits Koenig Monster that transforms and has tons of diecast is around 23,000 yen.

I don't see how a non-transforming Hi-metal version of the Monster could justified costing more. I would say around 17,000

well, considering a DX Chogokin X Robot Spirits Koenig Monster that transforms and has tons of diecast is around 23,000 yen.

I don't see how a non-transforming Hi-metal version of the Monster could justified costing more. I would say around 17,000

In physical size, do you think this HMR Monster might actually be bigger than the DX Koenig?

In physical size, do you think this HMR Monster might actually be bigger than the DX Koenig?

From the pics the HMR Monster should be a bit overall bigger/ bulkier / longer canons than the DX Koening. It will be closer to the Yamato 1/100 Monster.

I'm really hoping that it'll be around 17,000 for the monster, but they're charging 13,000 for the glaug and the monster is considerably larger.