Hi-Metal R

joppewo

managed to get one on CDjapan, thx alot guys for the headsup! almost missed it if not by the cdjapan link!

*mumbles to himself* "this happens when you stay playing ff14 instead of guarding the preorder pages"

XD

Sold out at NY too! (Fortunately, I got mine at CDJ already. Was just shopping for a better price.)

The price at CDJ with shipping is only off by around 400 yen.. and if you count the reward points, and if you order 2.. it's actually cheaper than N-Y.

I believe this is the first time I've managed a Bandai pre-order from Amiami since the initial release of the renewal VF-25F.

Hope this line does well so Bandai will release stuff from other series. I'd love a YF-19 or Armored VF-25S in 1/100 scale.

If you miss the preorder, are there usually units available at launch? Every release selling out in 3 minutes would seem to suggest that producing more is a good idea unless the preorder is only a small part of the launch.

Only HLJ and Hobby search ran out fast. The rest stayed open quite a while, especially CDJ. It will be available on release.

This process is sort of asinine. I didn't stay up all night, so nothing for me.. Makes one rethink their priorities. Do you need a toy worse than sleep? I don't.

What confuses me.. the toys have not been made yet.. what benefit could this artificial scarcity be to Bandai?

This process is sort of asinine. I didn't stay up all night, so nothing for me.. Makes one rethink their priorities. Do you need a toy worse than sleep? I don't.

I didn't lose any sleep. I just went to sleep earlier than usual and woke up at 2:45AM, logged on, preordered the two i wanted and went back to sleep by 3:15AM, then continued to sleep until 6:30 :D

Why does Amiami always have the cheapest price for Bandai toys? Y7,600 for the Hi-metal is a steal.

I guess, it's how they compete with other online stores. Lure customers for low prices. ;) But after that, like everyone says here, they have bad reputation on Customer Service. ^_^

And congrats to everyone who got their PO's. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I guess, it's how they compete with other online stores. Lure customers for low prices. ;) But after that, like everyone says here, they have bad reputation on Customer Service. ^_^

And congrats to everyone who got their PO's. ;)

Low price and minimal service for sure! It's true with a lot of places. They aren't gonna spend too much additional resources to solve problems post sales when they operate on thinner margins than everyone else unless they're a new business trying to get their name out there...or ship in volume like Amazon with their thousands of affiliates. Edited by xrentonx