Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I just cancelled one of each of the Armored and Strike Valks on Amazon Japan. Not sure how fast, or even if, they will relist them but anyone still in Japan or willing to use a forwarding service might want to keep an eye out and try to catch them if they relist.

Just checked and both already showed up again for anyone looking:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B010N3JPKO

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00WX6SA5Q

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to get my Armored VF-1J and VF-1S Strike Hikaru to go with my VF-1J Max, Regults, and Armors. Building up a nice collection of 1/100 Valkyries and enemy mecha.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=125383

Edited by sh9000

So that Hi Metal Monster is going to be much the same size as the Yamato one at 1/100?

And what does a 1/100 Battlepod/Regault look like next to a 1/60 Valk?

Should be bigger because the MkII Monster is bigger than the König Monster.

I think Bandai is going to fudge the scale, it's not going to be true 1/100.

I think those Toynamis are off scale, I think I measured then at 1/80 or something. Anyone have a tape measure that can confirm?

Close enough. Still looks good to me with my 1/100 Hi-Metal Valkyries.

gallery_21587_791_520801.jpg

Edited by sh9000

I wanted to introduce the video, but couldn't.

Because Matt Alt speaks Japanese in it.

Wow. That last bit was cool too. I had no idea he spoke English. I'm all kinds of jealous now of his ability to speak Japanese.

Looks like a great little toy!

Hah yeah, the end caught me off guard too.

It's definitely looking good. Nice to see they've added the UN Spacy tampo to the legs after all (though the font could be a little skinnier).

It looks like the paint on the new Hi-Metal is a darker shade compared to the previous toy. The "white" looks to have a grayish tint, and the red likewise has a darker tone.

I've always thought it curious the way Bandai renders the chest stripes on the VF-1J. Even going back to the 1/55 chunky, they always rendered the chest stripes as a slanting line connected to a horizontal line, like this:

hikaru_front1.jpg

rather than two slightly angles lines like this.

10183702.jpg

What's curious is that Bandai renders the VF-1S chest stripes in the latter manner, which is closer to the line art.

10124797.jpg

So....DYRL/TV hybrid pilot uniform?

gallery_12176_633_2890.jpg

I guess Bandai also missed the opportunity to just go full DYRL and sell it as a GBP-1J "DYRL" version..... ;)

Still looks good and look forward to more from the Hi-R metal line! :rolleyes:

7viQqzS.jpg?1

The shoulder ball joints are plastic in my old version VF-1S, but are metal in the new one. The intake covers are flat gray in old, looks metallic in new.

"Hi-R" metal content? :rolleyes: