Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Yes now I remember.. It was just a case of bad timing. Now is the right time since arcadia are charging an arm and a leg and only releasing 1 new toy per year.

For all those who missed out on preorder I feel for you. I never expected it would be hard to obtain like the bigger and more expensive stuff. I missed out too. :(

Now I wonder if that Green Qrau from the tv series will be done? The ones that killed Roy Fokker because he was drunk that day, didn't see the medic to patch his wound and underestimated the feminist aliens.

The joints better be good on these little toys. Looking at regult for example, it's got beefy body and skinny legs. I wonder how this will stand up over time? Some people expect to see a pilot figure in them. Are you crazy? The toy might not be able to hold all the weight. I want high posability. It's the one thing they have over larger figures which to be honest are not meant to be played with or handled as much.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The joints better be good on these little toys. Looking at regult for example, it's got beefy body and skinny legs. I wonder how this will stand up over time? Some people expect to see a pilot figure in them. Are you crazy? The toy might not be able to hold all the weight. I want high posability. It's the one thing they have over larger figures which to be honest are not meant to be played with or handled as much.

One of the primary reasons I've argued the top half needs to be nothing but hollow to keep it as light as possible or those knees are giving out.

A well-made, seriously 'clicky' joint would have been fine . . .

Don't you mean seriously 'Revoltech-y' joints, DarrinG? ;) Hehehe.

But yeah a ratcheted joints might help to hold its weight for the Regults and Glaug. ^_^

Interesting that the entire line shown the last few years has been all SDFM and now their second released Valk, and first with Super Packs, is a DYRL scheme.

they going for the heavy hitters first to fund the rest? i dunno. i think the hik GBPS and the hik Stirke valkyrie are two of the most popular valks for sure. only focker's vf-1s can compete i think....and if its focker's it doesn't come with a fast pack or strike canon unless its DYRL too. (by the time fast packs were added in sdfm focker's valk was hikaru's already)

also what is the preorder date on this. don't want to miss out again and have to sweat it out at release like i will have to forf the GBP

Edited by Mechapilot77

Bandai's playing safe for announcing and releasing Hikaru's (Hero's) Valks first. If the demand is still great with this line, for sure they will release the Enemy Mechs as well. But I have a feeling that it will be limited. Or probably web exclusives to control the numbers. Enemy mechs doesn't sell well, I suppose.

also what is the preorder date on this. don't want to miss out again and have to sweat it out at release like i will have to forf the GBP

Seriously, I never know when PO dates are for any Macross toys. How does everyone else find out when they are (and the time as well)?

Seriously, I never know when PO dates are for any Macross toys. How does everyone else find out when they are (and the time as well)?

Seriously, when you browse toy/hobby forums, including this one as well, people do post some scans or announcement from the toy makers itself. And we get idea on when is the PO date. And sometimes, if you browse the online shops, they will post a dummy page or a placeholder and states when the preordering will start. But all in all if you just follow this thread, you'll get to know soon when's the PO date. Click on the 'Follow this topic' button on the top right of this page and make sure that the notification is clicked too so that if ever someone posted a preorder date, you'll receive it directly on your email, then you can watch out for those online shops and prep your finger on pressing F5 on your keyboard during the PO night. Good luck! ;)

Seriously, when you browse toy/hobby forums, including this one as well, people do post some scans or announcement from the toy makers itself. And we get idea on when is the PO date. And sometimes, if you browse the online shops, they will post a dummy page or a placeholder and states when the preordering will start. But all in all if you just follow this thread, you'll get to know soon when's the PO date. Click on the 'Follow this topic' button on the top right of this page and make sure that the notification is clicked too so that if ever someone posted a preorder date, you'll receive it directly on your email, then you can watch out for those online shops and prep your finger on pressing F5 on your keyboard during the PO night. Good luck! ;)

Thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated. I guess there is no easy answer to my question (but was hoping for one). I thought that the preorder horror stories that I've read about were grossly exaggerated, but now I'm starting to believe are true.

Thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated. I guess there is no easy answer to my question (but was hoping for one). I thought that the preorder horror stories that I've read about were grossly exaggerated, but now I'm starting to believe are true.

I'm not trying to scare you... but really... IT IS. :ph34r:

Good luck preodering one on the less than 5 second window that they offer. ^_^

Oh... and be careful too on those so-called 'cartjackers'. Now I'm pretty sure you know how ugly it can get during PO nights. :lol:

Oh its says it comes with "small wings" which is the retracted form of the wings for battroid form. I am not sure whether this was ever in the previous Hi-Metals or even in Yamato's toys.

I don't think the upcoming Hi-Metal VF-1J GBP comes with the 'small wings' effect. And neither did Yamato's Version1. The first gen Hi-Metal just came with extra wings with hard points for missiles.