Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I did it! I just preordered the Monster from Ami-Ami.

What a way to start collecting Macross Toys again. I have a preorder for the Glaug & Monster. My Regult is in the mail. Shame there's no at near original retail VF-1 available. What got my interest in this line was bad guy mecha to go along with hero mecha. I passed on getting a VF-1 because I wanted to make sure I had a Regult first.

Now I have to the end of July to sell some of my older stuff.

Now that I got one with HLJ, how is amiami about cancelling a preorder? I never really use them..

Don't pre-order from Nippon-Yassan. I don't know if it was a fluke for me but they state you can pay later for pre-order items. I chose that option but my CC was charged immediately and when I complained they wouldn't refund me because it was in their terms and conditions, which isn't clearly stated for pre order items. They're horrible I won't deal with them again.

Well that is bizarre... I tried to contact amiami to cancel my preorder. I did this by going to the webform on the amiami page. I clicked send and then instantly received an email saying my message to amiami is undeliverable.

Edit - All is well, I got an email afterward saying my order was cancelled but to please note I should never do this again.

Edited by jenius

Well that is bizarre... I tried to contact amiami to cancel my preorder. I did this by going to the webform on the amiami page. I clicked send and then instantly received an email saying my message to amiami is undeliverable.

Edit - All is well, I got an email afterward saying my order was cancelled but to please note I should never do this again.

hehe! the typical wafer thin amiami order cancellation warning message email.. I have cancelled orders with them sooo many times and received many warning messages about my account being closed / suspended but I have always managed to still order stuff through them without issue! :lol::rolleyes:

Don't pre-order from Nippon-Yassan. I don't know if it was a fluke for me but they state you can pay later for pre-order items. I chose that option but my CC was charged immediately and when I complained they wouldn't refund me because it was in their terms and conditions, which isn't clearly stated for pre order items. They're horrible I won't deal with them again.

For Tamashii web exclusives they've stopped the pay later option.

I did it! I just preordered the Monster from Ami-Ami.

What a way to start collecting Macross Toys again. I have a preorder for the Glaug & Monster. My Regult is in the mail. Shame there's no at near original retail VF-1 available. What got my interest in this line was bad guy mecha to go along with hero mecha. I passed on getting a VF-1 because I wanted to make sure I had a Regult first.

Now I have to the end of July to sell some of my older stuff.

So Ami-Ami charges you when the pre-ordered items arrives? Sorry, I've never ordered from them before and don't understand how their pre-orders work.

So Ami-Ami charges you when the pre-ordered items arrives? Sorry, I've never ordered from them before and don't understand how their pre-orders work.

Yes. Once available, they charge you. Avoid cancellations too. Above 8000Y, automatic registered shipping.

What happens if you let a preorder payment slide from Ami? I was going to coz I saw something much cheaper elsewhere, but I think I missed it. Anyway, was taking some picks of something else for CS, and thought to take a few shots of these, and they look so cool I had to show them off!

IMG_6390_zpszruedwuk.jpg

Edited by koonfasa

gallery_21587_791_335733.jpeg

:)

Cool shot, sh9000. You really nailed the artwork. ;)

I've never had a problem with Nippon Yassan. Did you preorder a Tamashii exclusive item from them? I know they had a news item saying that Bandai no longer allowed them to do delayed payments for Tamashii exclusives.

Yup. Like everyone said, Nippon-Yasan has now a new rule on Tamashii Web Exclusive items since late last year, no Pay Later options. And for the record, I don't have problems with Nippon-Yasan as well. ;)

What happens if you let a preorder payment slide from Ami? I was going to coz I saw something much cheaper elsewhere, but I think I missed it. Anyway, was taking some picks of something else for CS, and thought to take a few shots of these, and they look so cool I had to show them off!

IMG_6390_zpszruedwuk.jpg

Cool shot koonfasa! ;)

I found an odd use for my regult other than just being an awesome action figure. If you put small parts from one of the hmr vf1s in a small ziplock bag like the heat shield or extra hands, you can store them in the regult cockpit. The bag makes it easier to grab, rather than having to shake the regult to to get the small parts out.

I found an odd use for my regult other than just being an awesome action figure. If you put small parts from one of the hmr vf1s in a small ziplock bag like the heat shield or extra hands, you can store them in the regult cockpit. The bag makes it easier to grab, rather than having to shake the regult to to get the small parts out.

That's actually a pretty nifty idea! Thanks for sharing!

Smart, now you need a regult for each vf1 though.

Just got my second Regult, this time from Amiami, today. Great figure with outstanding articulation given the subject; although, Toynami's version, one of the few good toys they produced, is closer to 1/100 than Bandai's. Aesthetically, both versions do the mecha justice.

Originally I was going to make a small box to attach to a stand for storing small parts, then I got the idea of using the regult. I guess for other vfs I could use a glaug or get the regult alternates with small and heavy missile launchers that may come out soon. Or if bandai gets lazy and doesn't put a pilot in the zentraidi armor suits I guess at least that's more storage space.

Now I'm wondering if the extra wing parts will fit in the upcoming monster.