Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The Zentrans and Meltrans were biologically engineered to do whatever job the Protoculture needed from them....thus the wide range of sizes, colors, and flavors... You don't modify the mecha to fit the soldier...you modify the soldier to fit the mecha....

That's pretty good speculation. But nothing in the animation, nor the official literature, suggests that specialized Zentradi soldiers are deliberate.

That's pretty good speculation. But nothing in the animation, nor the official literature, suggests that specialized Zentradi soldiers are deliberate.

post-21587-0-71603900-1457195216_thumb.png

So these things only make 2 sizes?

Edited by sh9000

Just curious, was there an official future release list for what they are doing in this line beyond what has been announced so far? I have been going through this thread to find that but that is a tall order given 130+ pages....

I assume a Spartan, M&M Valks and there was a pic of a Nousjadeul-Ger but not sure if that was official or no?

Petrov makes a great point. We should keep a release list on the first page of this thread so people can easily keep up. There are A LOT of Hi-Metals coming up.

Petrov makes a great point. We should keep a release list on the first page of this thread so people can easily keep up. There are A LOT of Hi-Metals coming up.

I'll add it on later when I get on my desktop. I have the list there...

gallery_12176_633_290489.jpg

sizechart-1-800x540.gif

The Takatoku Destroid Conversion set was listed as 1/100...but I hope Bandai upscales theirs a bit to match the above line art...the top of the Destroid should come up to about the midddle of the chest of the VF-1.....

I haven't built my 1/100 Destroids. I'm hoping the HMR Destroids are taller.

Whoa that thread is pinned and I always miss it. Thanks for pointing out the thread.

jvmacross do you have the Matchbox Power Armor to put in the group pic?

Edited by sh9000

yes...kinda odd since the variation among the Zentran/Meltran is so diverse and apparent...and not just "human" type of diversity.....it is pretty exaggerated among the different ranks......it deserves an official explanation....but I'm OK without it...seems pretty obvious to me....barring the use of cloning technology to "reproduce"...they probably would have homogonized to more human-like size ranges.....but the great disparity in sizes, to me, indicates that the original intent was to serve a specialized role....continuation of cloning to reproduce has kept their sizes the same as originally engineered....just a theory at the moment I suppose..

sizechart-zentradimeltrandi.jpg

I haven't built my 1/100 Destroids. I'm hoping the HMR Destroids are taller.

Good point....I also have the 1/100 kits but I have never built them....I wonder if they run bigger than the 1/100 Takatoku Destroid in my group shot? Does anyone have both to compare their sizes?

Edited by jvmacross

post-21587-0-39783600-1457203875_thumb.jpeg

The Conversion Kit might be a little shorter than the 1/100 models but both are still too short. I never finished building the Tomahawk but once I saw how tall it would end up I stopped.

Edited by sh9000

Whoa that thread is pinned and I always miss it. Thanks for pointing out the thread.

jvmacross do you have the Matchbox Power Armor to put in the group pic?

I have no idea where my Power Armor is at the moment...but I have the Spartan handy....unfortunately, it is too big...probably closer to 1/72 in scale....

gallery_12176_633_664527.jpg

Nothing ever wrong with doubling up... ;)

Never!

plus...it works for the HMR thread because it has been kept as a "line" thread rather than breaking out each release with it's own thread....unlike the various Frontier DX and Yamato/Arcadia VF threads.....thus you just can get away with posting the release list at the top of the one and only available thread for the HMR line....

Edited by jvmacross

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The Conversion Kit might be a little shorter than the 1/100 models but both are still too short. I never finished building the Tomahawk but once I saw how tall it would end up I stopped.

Yeah...the top of the Destroid leg should be level to the top of the VF-1's kneecap...so still too short.....

We have no other choice than to hope Bandai gets it right or close enough....so far I'm satisfied with Bandai's handling of the HMR line....just the right amount of give and take in their scaling decisions so far....

I just opened up my first hmr regult and I love it. I know some sceptics were woried this line would have a hard time holding their weight, but it is very sturdy. It has nice smooth yet tough joints even at the toe. I have no wories about it keeping any pose, and it comes with a stand for extreme one leg posing and jumping. The small guns in the lower front fit tight, but I might zap them in place. It even comes with a spare set in case of an accident.

I have yet to find that microman figure I mentioned above, but as soon as I do I'm gonna try shoving it inside.

image.jpeg

Anybody build the wave model kits? Don't remember what scale they were. But I think they were small compared with the Yamato. Would the scale with these figures?

Spectacular!

Times like these make me wish I had sprung for EMS shipping...

Thank you. I usually go EMS because I am impatient must have toy now! :lol: :lol: I do ship via SAL too sometimes... when its not a priority item. :p

When will your Regult or Regults will arrive?

Cmon bandai release the damm regult variants already!

saburo - cant wait for your pics of the glaug + regults! That is if you are getting the glaug :lol::lol: and then the monster!! :o

btw is your wallet screaming yet? :huh::huh:^_^

Wait the Glaug is up for PO!? j/k

Yes, have it on PO can't wait to get it and yes Bandai needs to release the Regult variants. :D

My wallet was screaming long ago... toys and camera gear... wallet is taking a non-stop beating. Actually March is a slow month for releases so its getting a chance to recover right now. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

I don't think there's any way to fit an average 1/100 Zentradi pilot inside the HM-R Regult, even if you were to remove all the handles and internal details. When John Moscato began sculpting a Regult model kit in 1/72 scale, he discovered that the Regult's official dimensions left no room for an actual Zentradi pilot. And yes, he was was already aware that the Regult's cockpit is supposed be ridiculously cramped. But even so, the official dimensions still wouldn't allow for the most confined cockpit possible.

John Moscato's solution was to use a scale he called "Logical Scale." Logical Scale was based upon the size of the vehicle's pilot, not the vehicle's official dimensions. In other words, in order to fit an actual 1/72 Zentradi pilot, Moscato increased the size of the Regult beyond its official dimensions, in order to accomodate a pilot. In order to fit an average 1/72 pilot, he had to scale up his Regult to, approximately, an enormous 1/57 scale! Attached below are pictures of the finished result.

As you can see, even with the Regult scaled up to approximately 1/57 scale, the 1/72 pilot can barely fit inside. Though, this faithfully replicates Kawamori's original intent that piloting a Regult must've been an unenviable job.

I remember John Moscato commenting that he didn't really mind making the Regult larger than what the official numbers dictate. His rationale was that its larger size would make a Regult encounter more terrifying for a VF-1 opponent, which emphasizes the the point that the Zentradi are supposed to be a galactic menace.

Both photos are © cool8or

Zentradi Soldier and Regult assembled and painted by cool8or

Zentradi Soldier and Regult sculpted by John Moscato

I really thought the Regults were much bigger in scale. I mean, Max's 1A wore a Zentradi uniform! Anyway, according to this, the scale chart must be wrong to begin with. I am really glad i got this HMR Regult, and in my mind, he is great, even if he is a bit shorter than he should be.

This is why it would be impossible to man a Regult, there is a discrepancy in the size chart. [if we use the Macross plot for guide]

BTW, Saburo: Bravo, those pictures are awesome!

I might take some pictures too... but my Regult is in Japan.

Edited by vlenhoff