Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I finally got my hands on my Regults today. Homerun Bandai, Homerun. Bring on the missile and scout variants.

This is completely what I wanted, it's what I wanted when I got the still relatively decent Toynami Battlepods. I expected these to be good, Bandai are masters of poseable mecha, especially when they don't have to worry about transformation mechanisms. This is near perfect, I could gripe about a few small things (I want the cannons to be able to point all the way forward, and the smaller impact guns to be movable), but it's not worth it. Buy them when you see them.

And bring on the destroids. They're going to be just as great, I know it. As a matter of fact, although they're different divisions, maybe somebody between groups is talking because this thing feels remarkably similar to the Hulkbuster they just released. Ratches, metal, etc in all the right places. I'm thinking the Monster is going to be a showpiece. Place your bets now people.

...Gundam and Macross.....living together.....Mass hysteria!!!!

So I went ahead and bought a pack of the 1/100 Bandai Gunpla Builders figurines....not bad....scales really well with the Macross HMR line....hopefully some Macross editions will be made....for now these will do well in HMR dioramas...

gallery_12176_633_1216617.jpg

gallery_12176_633_1513099.jpg

gallery_12176_633_330580.jpg

I call bullsh*t....

gallery_12176_633_350173.png

Nice. Love to see some size comparison pics. Thanks jvmacross. ;)

Jelly of all the Regults i see, all my boys are cruising over SAL style.

Is NY the best (only) spot to get the Fokker?

For now, NY is the safe place to get those Tamashii Web Exclusives from Bandai. You have to pay upfront though for NY. MyKombini has it too. You just have to pay 50% deposit for this preorder. I haven't tried MyKombini so I can't recommend it yet, but some folks here does. :)

God, I love the Ghostbusters :D

Hey Old Man, are you referring to the recent released movie trailer? :lol:

So I went ahead and bought a pack of the 1/100 Bandai Gunpla Builders figurines....not bad....scales really well with the Macross HMR line....hopefully some Macross editions will be made....for now these will do well in HMR dioramas...

What about the figurines that come with the Bandai 1/100 Armored Factory?

ban977905_2.jpg?v=0000000001

Edited by Old Man

It's the Monster, which is massive. Hence the price.

Yeah, I know, but the highest preorder price I recall seeing for the HWR Monster was ¥25,000 at CDJapan. AmiAmi was at ¥22,890, Nippon-Yasan was ¥23,180, and HLJ was at ¥22,500.

I was just wondering if MyKombini has been higher in price compared to the other popular shops for the previous Hi-Metal R releases.

My apologies for not being very clear with my previous post :p

Edited by Old Man

Yeah, I know, but the highest preorder price I recall seeing for the HWR Monster was ¥25,000 at CDJapan. AmiAmi was at ¥22,890, Nippon-Yasan was ¥23,180, and HLJ was at ¥22,500.

I was just wondering if MyKombini has been higher in price compared to the other popular shops for the previous Hi-Metal R releases.

My apologies for not being very clear with my previous post :p

Ah, I see. Maybe MyKombini is priced higher because they're a smaller vendor? I dunno. Just a guess.

Just got my HM-R Regults and Bandai did a superb job with these toys. They feel durable, have awesome details, and have a good posability. Even if you're a strict 1/60 fan, you wouldn't regret picking up a Regult for your desk. It's such a great toy to fiddle with. I've no doubt that the HM-R Regult is going to be remembered as one of the most underrated Macross toys around.

Just a word of caution, though. The small, lower front lasers can pop off (by design) without too much force. My Regult fell off my coffee table onto thickly padded carpet, yet one of the lasers managed to fly 3 feet into the air. The lasers are so small and dark that they'd be easy to lose.

I don't think any figure will fit in there unless it's ones that come with the Masterpiece Transformers... lol. There's not enough room for anything plus the hatch is tiny.

here's a quick comparison with the Revoltech, Toynami and the HMR Regult...

post-151-0-68802300-1457122232_thumb.jpg

I was in mid process of articulating my 1/100 zentradi figure... forgot the other arm...

attachicon.gif12834530_775449102600060_221833553_n.jpg

Looks really good, but no amount of anime sorcery will make a 1/100 Zentran figure fit into a 1/100 HMR Regult.....are you going to offer it as a Plastic Cretins product?

It's ironic that it is all the detail that is keeping a 3 3/4" (1/100?) figure from squeezing into the cockpit....I think it is actually big enough if it were mostly hollow....or much smaller internal details...

Edited by jvmacross