Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Woohoo the regult hype train continues! From MW fb page...

Saburo is that yours??

post-15116-0-73665000-1457493542.jpg

Cant wait to try and light mine up...still in transit...

Cmon bandai moar regult variants!!! What has one got to do to get them released after the monsta..... :5:
Edited by seti88

Woohoo the regult hype train continues! From MW fb page...

Saburo is that yours??

attachicon.gifregult_light.jpg

Cant wait to try and light mine up...still in transit...

Cmon bandai moar regult variants!!! What has one got to do to get them released after the monsta..... :5:

Yes, that is mine. :) You can see the light illuminating the blue sections of the body. Going to work on it this weekend so the light doesn't show through the blue areas.

If you didnt mention the blue areas, i wouldnt have noticed the light leaks.. its not that obvious at a glance.

Wondering tho how would a snoot cut down the stray light, as the stray light is illuminating from the inside?

I would think perhaps a less intense light or inside mask would help.

If you didnt mention the blue areas, i wouldnt have noticed the light leaks.. its not that obvious at a glance.

Wondering tho how would a snoot cut down the stray light, as the stray light is illuminating from the inside?

I would think perhaps a less intense light or inside mask would help.

Going to try an use black paper rolled into a tube to focus light or stuff the inside of the cockpit with black fabric.

Yes, that is mine. :) You can see the light illuminating the blue sections of the body. Going to work on it this weekend so the light doesn't show through the blue areas.

what light did you put in there? looks pretty good. i think the light leak will be not too difficult to solve assuming the light you are using doens' t take up too much space.

you know I try tell people about what NOT to do with their valks. To be honest though, when I got the Hi-Metal 1J back in the day, it was on clearance bin and I didn't think anything will become of the line. Who knew it would make a full come back! The yellowing comes from it standing in my office at work which receives indirect sunlight.

Saburo, you can try the HVAC foil tape if you have any. It's self adhesive.

Can't wait to get my Regult. It was stuck @ New Jersey custom.

I don't have any, but I am going use black construction paper and see how it works out. :D

what light did you put in there? looks pretty good. i think the light leak will be not too difficult to solve assuming the light you are using doens' t take up too much space.

Its an LED keychain flash light like the picture below. Remove the chain part and it fits right into the Regult. Just make sure it has lock switch so it remains on.

post-23462-0-78325400-1457572387.jpg

There are stacks if regults all over akihabara ready to be sold for like 58 dollars usd. Wish i could buy them all but no space :*(

Cheapest is volks, followed by yellow submarine

Wow, a large abundance of Regults are in the wild. I wouldn't mind picking up one more.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't have any, but I am going use black construction paper and see how it works out. :D

Its an LED keychain flash light like the picture below. Remove the chain part and it fits right into the Regult. Just make sure it has lock switch so it remains on.

attachicon.gif41oImaMqA-L._SY300_.jpg

Wow, a large abundance of Regults are in the wild. I wouldn't mind picking up one more.

that's so genius :)

you know I try tell people about what NOT to do with their valks. To be honest though, when I got the Hi-Metal 1J back in the day, it was on clearance bin and I didn't think anything will become of the line. Who knew it would make a full come back! The yellowing comes from it standing in my office at work which receives indirect sunlight.

Regardless kimosabe. White pvcs are THE bane of us collectors. I had a Bandai takatoku mold (the one with a single antenna and a cyclop visor) stored in a box away from sunlight and still yellowed.

Got one of my Regults. Bigger than I expected.

hZVOrDf.jpg

No wonder the Zentraedi can barely shoot anything down with these things. Their cannons can't shoot straight ahead! Hehe :)

That was one of my nitpicks is that the cannons can't quite turn forwards all the way. Cool pic.

Got one of my Regults. Bigger than I expected.

hZVOrDf.jpg

No wonder the Zentraedi can barely shoot anything down with these things. Their cannons can't shoot straight ahead! Hehe :)

One of the things the revoltech regult can do is point the cannons straight forward. It also comes with the missle accessory. It's proportions look gangly though like some of the shots in the cartoon. This bandai regult looks closer to the line art though and has a cockpit and see through camera. The revoltech are more like a toy they're less fragile. Hmr are more fragile but less than a Yamato. I play with hmr more than Yamato. Revoltech I can leave lying around.