Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm still wondering if the weapons will be sold separately or we will get more regult releases. Not sure which I'd prefer. I'm definitely also in for a scout.

Don't want to force my regult but are the rotating top mounted twin cannons removable? I guess I prefer more Regult releases, to display different options.

It's such a good toy that I'm convinced to get multiples!! I have one Regult and no Hi Metal VF-1 at all.

Glaug and Monster on preorder, now I'm debating if I should get a VF-1.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

7 of my Regults have safely arrived so far. Still waiting for the 3 from Amiami which has been the slowest to arrive. Also getting 1 more from CDJapan.

gallery_21587_791_804252.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

We all skipped the VF-1 because we all wanted get Regult first. If I couldn't get a Regult I would be stuck with another VF-1 in a different scale. I love the VF-1 but a collection needs to have some variety. Current prices for 2nd hand VF-1 are too high. I'm just going to wait for the next VF-1 preorder.

As far as the hmr vf-1 I I have the armored1j opened the Hikaru 1s strike in box and the Roy 1s strike with the stand on preorder. I plan on opening the Roy even though it may be more collectible than the Hikaru because I just don't think I would ever sell it. If they make all the prototypes then there is still the super 1a, elint seeker, the m&m super1j the tv armored 1j and the vt1 which will make more than enough vf1s for me. So if anyone skipped a vf1 and can't get a hold of one there will be more chances coming up.

At fist when bandai decided to do these hmr toys I was a little worried about if they would finish the line, but after looking at the sh figuarts dunbine series I've become more confident about these.

Let's just hope the new regults are just a Tamashii webshop exclusive, or that they just release the conversion parts for the missiles for even cheaper since there are still a crapton of regults floating around Japan's toy stores.

Let's just hope the new regults are just a Tamashii webshop exclusive, or that they just release the conversion parts for the missiles for even cheaper since there are still a crapton of regults floating around Japan's toy stores.

I'm not in Japan but seeing as the international sellers depleted stocks pretty quick I don't think there's too much of a concern that this thing didn't sell well. It kind of shows you how crazy the Hi-Metal market is that a few weeks after release the fact they can still be found in stores make people worry that it's not selling well enough.

I'm not in Japan but seeing as the international sellers depleted stocks pretty quick I don't think there's too much of a concern that this thing didn't sell well. It kind of shows you how crazy the Hi-Metal market is that a few weeks after release the fact they can still be found in stores make people worry that it's not selling well enough.

Well, if it's not selling well and there's lots of unsold stock, perhaps we'd be seeing a restock at HLJ very soon with the "one per customer" limit lifted?

Edited by Vifam7

So it's more like the overseas fans who are driving the market? Kind of bad when you look at it. If the domestic market is flat, Bandai may not "invest" in the line meaning no more future releases.

I've always heard bad guys sell horrible in Japan, it makes the Regult and Glaug releases pretty brave on Bandai's part. Still, I agree with sh9000, I think sales appear to be doing just fine. It seems pretty reasonable to expect local retailers will manage to move their product without incurring a loss. The Glaug and the Monster? Those sound like shelf turds... I hope Bandai doesn't make way too many of them.

The Glaug and the Monster? Those sound like shelf turds... I hope Bandai doesn't make way too many of them.

I would think that anyone who wants Regults would want Glaugs to accompany them. I doubt the Glaug would be a shelf puppy.

The Monster on the other hand, seems like a pretty big risk. Bandai needs to be careful with the way those are handled. Make enough to satisfy demand, but understand that some fans are likely to pass because of size/price, especially in Japan where space is at a premium. I'd hate for too many unsold Monsters to kill this line before it hits its stride. Personally, I would like to own a Monster, but I'll have to pass because I've nowhere to put it.

Edited by Drad

Yeah but they want THREE regults to accompany ONE Glaug so I'd say both are pretty huge risks.

True, I suppose. But I think the Glaug is likely to sell a lot more than the Monster. Still a risk, though not quite as much.

I just want a decent shot at getting most of the key characters/mecha. I hope the line survives long enough for that.

Edited by Drad

I'll be thrilled if I can recreate some memorable scenes on my shelves:

Roy and Hikaru (VF-1D) rescuing Minmay during the first attack.

Hikaru's squad fighting with Breetai.

Max (VF-1A) and Millia's (Queadluun Rau) famous first battle.

Destroids, Destroids, Destroids.

If Bandai gives us a VF-2SS with SAP pack, that'll be icing on the cake.

I think bad guys not selling well is a decades old myth.

I'm going to assume that Japanese parents buy their kids toys the same way North American parents do with their kids. You buy them the most popular character (usually a good guy) and refuse to buy them a 2nd one because of the high price tag.

Adult collectors have the interest and the to actual collect them all (including the bad guys). As to why they aren't fly off the shelves in Japan could it be that even Japanese collectors prefer to order online as well? I can visit my big box stores and comic book shops for domestic toy but often it is less of a hassle to just buy it online.

Can't remember if these were posted. From taghobby (so I guess the small and heavy missile carrier types are official):

Its quite easy for bandai to swap out the back guns and replace em with missiles...kinda wish they had included the pods as swappable parts in the regular regult kit...

A scout regult would have made more sense as a totally seperate release ....

I'm going to assume that Japanese parents buy their kids toys the same way North American parents do with their kids. You buy them the most popular character (usually a good guy) and refuse to buy them a 2nd one because of the high price tag.

Adult collectors have the interest and the to actual collect them all (including the bad guys). As to why they aren't fly off the shelves in Japan could it be that even Japanese collectors prefer to order online as well? I can visit my big box stores and comic book shops for domestic toy but often it is less of a hassle to just buy it online.

My previous example with dunbine robot spirits(not sh figuarts, always getting the 2 confused) has had a lot more bad guys than good and they are still making more. I don't think dunbine was as popular as macross and probably less relevant now that newer macross series have been made, yet they are still adding more to the line. The cost of most of the figures like the drumlo are about the same as the regult and the price of the zwarth is almost the cost of the glaug, and sometimes stock doesn't sell out right away. So I don't think having some hmrs sitting on the shelf is a good example of a non successful line.

I think someone on the Speaker Podcast described it as follows: Japanese toy collectors have less disposable income and less display room than collectors in the western world. That means they have to pick and choose what they get. And if the decision has to be made between a VF-1J Hikaru Custom and a Regult and "both" is not an option I think we all agree that western collectors also would go for the VF-1J. I know I would.

Since the HMRs are not that expensive and big I think Bandai can get away with enemy mecha and cannon fodder much more easily. I really hope that the line doesn't tank with the Monster since this item is as expensive as it is huge. Personally I was surprised to see it as a regular release and not a Tamashii Web Shop exclusive.

Who knows, maybe they will release the Scout Regult as a web exclusive and they will package both of the alternate missile option parts along with its accessories. It's not an uncommon practice for toys to have accessories meant for use with another toy.