Hi-Metal R

joppewo

You got them to agree to combine orders despite having different release dates? Amazing!

I believe you can combine orders now with AmiAmi as long that those orders are still not released. Meaning if one item is already released you cannot combine it to your new order.

I believe you can combine orders now with AmiAmi as long that those orders are still not released. Meaning if one item is already released you cannot combine it to your new order.

That's news to me. When did they do that?

Usually, the only way to combine items at ami is if the items have the same release-month.

That's news to me. When did they do that?

Usually, the only way to combine items at ami is if the items have the same release-month.

I think you're right. Got confused there for a moment. I guess I mixed up both NY and Ami's Combine Shipping/Order method. Sorry about that. It's been awhile since I used Ami. ;)

Thanks for that treatment. :)

I think you're right. Got confused there for a moment. I guess I mixed up both NY and Ami's Combine Shipping/Order method. Sorry about that. It's been awhile since I used Ami. ;)

Thanks for that treatment. :)

It's all good.

I was hoping it was really a new policy at ami, as I still have some preorders from them that I would really like to combine for better terms...

It's all good.

I was hoping it was really a new policy at ami, as I still have some preorders from them that I would really like to combine for better terms...

Totally agree with you. I used to buy stuff too at Ami before because of the cheaper price than the other shops but the shipping fee is the killer. :(

Didn't some of the regults in the macross 30 game have that shark mouth too?

Thanks for mentioning..yeah they did...http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/?showtopic=37500&page=3

All bandai has to do is to release one with different decals then! Hoping for a shark mouth regult, since bandai did release valks macross 30th!

the shark mouth looks wicked! B)) gives it a really nasty angry look! :angry::p:D

have the regult in the squat pose and you get a gremlin! :rolleyes::p

or feed it after midnight and or get it wet?? hehe! :D

Haha if only spraying it with water would get you an shark mouth regult! Bandai could list that as the ultimate 'gimmick'! ;)

And if one of your valks go missing you would know which regult did it! :rolleyes::lol:

For anyone who is looking for Regults, they're still here.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14025-hi-metal-r-regult.html

http://mykombini.com/en/macross-robotech/3172-hi-metal-r-regult-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-bandai-4549660018995.html?search_query=regult&results=1

I'm just waiting to see if cdjapan will have more so that I can use my points and get my 12th Regult. :)

Did anyone place an order for a Regult a couple of days ago when HLJ indicated it had some more in stock (around 2/29)? Did you get a payment request e-mail?

I managed to sneak an order in that day, but I still haven't received a payment request. Normally, this would indicate that something is not in stock and/or they are awaiting to receive more. But Regult preorders closed a long time ago and so I assumed any additional orders they were taking were for stock that was available and ready to ship.

Did anyone place an order for a Regult a couple of days ago when HLJ indicated it had some more in stock (around 2/29)? Did you get a payment request e-mail?

I managed to sneak an order in that day, but I still haven't received a payment request. Normally, this would indicate that something is not in stock and/or they are awaiting to receive more. But Regult preorders closed a long time ago and so I assumed any additional orders they were taking were for stock that was available and ready to ship.

I placed an order for one Regult. A couple hours after that I received the payment request e-mail. Yesterday I received an e-mail with the shipping info..

Loving this Regult. Super fun posing it. Also, you can pop off the top mini turret so maybe a missile set would be possible instead of a separate release.

Edited by wmkjr

Monster still available at amiami and ae. What kinds of theory you guys have?

Too expensive? Not enough interest?

CDJ charge too much for shipping, so their slower sale is understandable

Edited by yman1437

Monster still available at amiami and ae. What kinds of theory you guys have?

Too expensive? Not enough interest?

CDJ charge too much for shipping, so their slower sale is understandable

Well, it IS huge. It IS a relatively niche item in Japan with limited appeal to the broader market (let's face it, most Macross fans are older). And it's expensive.

I have to admit, I wonder how many Japanese fans are gonna spring for the Monster. Space is an issue in Japan, so there are probably a lot of collectors who may pass on the Monster just because of that. And while the hardest of the hardcore will happily spend the money on it, there are probably more who won't. Hopefully Bandai has taken these things into account and won't kill the line if the Monster doesn't do as well as they'd like.

Edited by Drad

I got my first three in from AmiAmi, and damn, they're pretty much perfect in my opinion. Bandai really nailed these guys, they're beautiful, articulated, and they came packaged with stands, what more could you want? frakking more. That's the answer. I've got three more on the way from various sources, I may grab a few more still if I can...

It is big, expensive and less popular. Fans outside of Asia who want it are going to pay even more to have it shipped. That toy is intended for the collect who has to have them all or someone looking for a big center piece for their collection.

Loving this Regult. Super fun posing it. Also, you can pop off the top mini turret so maybe a missile set would be possible instead of a separate release.

As much as I would love for them to offer missile pods separately, I doubt it'll happen. They're going to want to sell us as many variants of these as possible.

I hope I'm wrong.