Hi-Metal R

joppewo

12 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

True, and now they can use the Hasegawa kit as a bench mark. 

Yeah, the Hasegawa has some surprisingly beefy fingers compared to pretty much everything that’s come before. There’s a lot that Hasegawa did right, but it would be great if like you said they used it as a bench mark. I’m sure Bandai will have somewhat better articulation and if they improve their sculpt I’d be all in

I guess it all depends on how ready for release it was. Since it doesn't look rough, I think it's very optimistic to hope they'll revisit it and make improvements based on what Hasegawa did. Then again, I don't see a lot of joint engineering there so maybe it was just a quick mock-up with more work to be done. 

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I guess it all depends on how ready for release it was. Since it doesn't look rough, I think it's very optimistic to hope they'll revisit it and make improvements based on what Hasegawa did. Then again, I don't see a lot of joint engineering there so maybe it was just a quick mock-up with more work to be done. 

There's a bit of a common pattern with Bandai. When they show something without any release indication but then within a year it appears again in another event or is in a magazine article, then it's in the eventual pipelines and we just need patience. Look at the YF-21. Until there's that second follow up, we shouldn't get out hopes up... not even a bare minimal. 

Edited by Raikkonen

50 minutes ago, Kicker773 said:

Anyone else know what stand to use to utilize the other accessories (pods)?

6F7DC939-6410-4150-8DFC-25507F2DDB3B.jpeg.2d59dfea27a82d03c66434275600afac.jpeg

I've used this stand for the HMR VF-2SS.  It's also great for other displays.  I don't remember exactly but I think the HMR Glaug comes with that stand.  The stand does come with the HMR Missile Effects and HMR Orguss.

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

Pics with it on? 

As with @505thAirborne, I'm also using the Stage Act Trident. However, I believe Bandai have discontinued this not too long ago, so secondary markets only for now. But as with most Bandai clear stand & parts, it oxidizes rather easily.

VF-2SSBattroidSAPBeditNRM2-b2v3nt.jpg.63577002c48927e06a36ec2f163582b8.jpg

Edited by MKT

I went on a quest to find a stand that did this that was not the Tamashi stand due to the absurdity of the price at this stage.

I found some Aliexpress specials, but we'll see if they actually work. Ten of them were half the price of a single Tamashi one O_o. Stay tuned next for next month once I get them.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:22 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Updated my shelf of "Hikaru's Rides" with a couple of the more recent releases as well as a custom.

image.jpeg.534b7df5be0caf44317e325c7af8598f.jpeg

Excellent display.

On 12/26/2023 at 5:13 PM, Convectuoso said:

My Vermillion squad has been delivered at last!

IMG_20231227_001325.jpg.c36a74a61fb15705d349c40f08bc1cf6.jpg

Beautiful. Congrats!

Does anyone know when the VF-1J Hikaru with the included character stand is due out?

2 minutes ago, Drad said:

Beautiful. Congrats!

Does anyone know when the VF-1J Hikaru with the included character stand is due out?

You mean Hikaru's red stand? That comes bundled with Kakizaki's 1A. Hikaru's 1J is the one with the recent Armored release.

2 minutes ago, Drad said:

Beautiful. Congrats!

IIRC, Hikaru's stand came with Kakizaki's VF-1A.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

IIRC, Hikaru's stand came with Kakizaki's VF-1A.

Ohh okay. I didn't realize that. I figured they'd use the release of Max and Kakizaki to sell yet another Hikaru VF-1J. Color me surprised.

Now we just need a TV Roy VF-1S.

And some Queadluun Rau. And Tomahawks. And..

C'mon, Bandai!! How many years already??

I love my big DX Valks but these guys are easier to handle and play with. Friend of mine brought Kakizaki back from Japan for me, and I just ordered Max and will probably cave and buy Hikaru's armored set even though I have the other two. It's a sickness, I tell you.

Regults/Glaugs really need a re-issue as well as more enemy mecha overall. Maybe even some Zentran/Meltran soldiers. Is this the first Macross toy line to offer enemy units?

32 minutes ago, Drad said:

Is this the first Macross toy line to offer enemy units?

No. Not too long ago there was a revoltech regult. They’re have also been some trading figures and a few oddities here and there but very few. 

4 hours ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

So I got my jank AliExpress stands in... 33 bucks for 10 of them. I know there's work to be done and it's not as cool as official stuff, but... You've seen trident, stage act, and even elusive Yeti stands!

I now present you guys... Jankstands!

20240112_170554.jpg

20240112_170624.jpg

any links? thanks!:good:

17 minutes ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Thanks man..do the ends fit into bandai's HMR valks and bits snugly?

and the extreme side...have you tried it for DX valks (base reinforcement and c prong handles required i would think)?

the itty bitty Y joint here, looks to be the game-changer, compared to the usual knock-offs...

Edited by seti88

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks man..do the ends fit into bandai's HMR valks and bits snugly?

and the extreme side...have you tried it for DX valks (base reinforcement and c prong handles required i would think)?

the itty bitty Y joint here, looks to be the game-changer, compared to the usual knock-offs...

I would only use these for Hi-Metal R or lightweight applications.

That y-bit is part of the jank. Not supposed to be used like that. Nothing the ingenuity of a little beer here and there couldn't handle.

The fit on the adapters is good, but I can only speak in terms of the vf-2ss. The parts do seem to be cheaper clones of the default hi-metal r stands.