Hi-Metal R

joppewo

....and no clown hands?

VF-1J_20150902_16.jpg

So, basically, more of a DYRL version of a GBP-1J.....they just messed up the missile tips....

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

I guess if you own the original Hi-Metal VF-1J SDFM version you could swap the pilot and clown hands to cobble up an accurate TV version! :rolleyes:

Guess it's too much trouble for the folks at Bandai, Arcadia, etc to spend a few minutes to watch some key scenes or do a quick web search..... ;)

Edited by jvmacross

....and no clown hands?

VF-1J_20150902_16.jpg

So, basically, more of a DYRL version of a GBP-1J.....they just messed up the pilot and the missile tips....

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

I guess if you own the original Hi-Metal VF-1J SDFM version you could swap the pilot and clown hands to cobble up an accurate TV version! :rolleyes:

Guess it's too much trouble for the folks at Bandai, Arcadia, etc to spend a few minutes to watch some key scenes or do a quick web search..... ;)

Pilot is not removable in the Hi-Metal, so you're stuck with it. Unless of course you want to mess with forcibly removing the pilot figure and re-gluing it into the other toy, but I don't know that I'd want to try that with such a small piece.

Pilot is not removable in the Hi-Metal, so you're stuck with it. Unless of course you want to mess with forcibly removing the pilot figure and re-gluing it into the other toy, but I don't know that I'd want to try that with such a small piece.

I wonder if the entire cockpit assembly can be removed....perhaps it is held in place by a screw underneath? It's funny, because I own one but must have never bothered to see if the pilot was removable....I can check it later, unless someone else has one handy and can take a peek underneath the swappable landing gear area....

Well, if not, at least you can add the clown hands and have an accurate "looking" SDFM GBP-1J! ^_^

Edited by jvmacross

As simpler fix is to just add a bit of paint. The pilot figure is clearly a DYRL Hikaru. The blue part on the helmet needs to be covered up and just add black trim to the helmet, shoulder lights, and body suit.

I'm a bit curious about the scale of the Hi Metal R. Is it 1/100? Read a description that says "Non scale toy" and apparently it is not shown on the box.

It's not 1/100 scale. It's more like 1/90-ish scale. The 2010 Hi Metal release stated 1/100 scale but the reality was that it was not.

I wonder if the entire cockpit assembly can be removed....perhaps it is held in place by a screw underneath? It's funny, because I own one but must have never bothered to see if the pilot was removable....I can check it later, unless someone else has one handy and can take a peek underneath the swappable landing gear area....

Well, if not, at least you can add the clown hands and have an accurate "looking" SDFM GBP-1J! ^_^

There is a little grey square underneath that you can push very slightly with a pin. It is attached to the pilot but the pilot doesn't come off. I don't want to risk breaking anything.

Strangely I'm not really excited by HM-R releases anymore. The new VF-1S head is cool, I'm glad they finally did a correct sculpt of it and the GBP armor looks good enough but I fear it would be frustrating once I have it in hand. The backpack super parts will probably make it flop down because there seems to be no locking mechanism, you can definitely see it flop down in the HLJ video.

Bandai should really start show some more destroids and enemy mechs because it really is the main attraction in this line so far.

I'm feeling a little uninterested now too. I pre-ordered The VF-1J and 2x of the VF-1S's, but I am worried they won't release the enemy mecha or intrest in this line may be low.

I tend to collect all of the 1/60 and DX Chogokin lines and am also getting the feeling I won't be super impressed when I get these in hand. The only reason I did jump in is based on the fact that the enemy mecha were shown. Hopefully this all still works out, if it does I think I will be happy as long as I have enemies to display the heroes.

i'd be lying if i said my interest was the same level as before but i still want this line to come to fruition...especially enemy mecha. i've got the strike 1S on order but I missed the armored 1J. Any of you with waning interest wanna sell your armored 1J Himetals to me once you get em? haha. i need some regults and glaugs and destroids in my life. cmon bandai!!!