Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I have mine battroid to save space. I ran out of shelf space a long time ago. I have 13 valks that are displayed unprotected.

A low vis 0D would be awesome. Arcadia needs to maximize the molds they have ala Bandai.

A VF-0D in the same scheme as the VF-1D Trainer would be cool as well.

The VF-0A in game has that scheme as an option.

Edit: not sure whose pic this is.

C2.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

I agree, but the 1/48 Low Vis "Woodland Camo" was a super shelf warmer :(

Online exclusive is the solution to that problem. I'd bet there wouldn't be as many Japanese fans but I bet they would net a lot of foreign buyers for the real world schemes.

If they announced that as an online exclusive tomorrow I would pre-order the f**k out of it so quick.

This brings up a new question for me, would somebody be so kind as to take photos of all of the various liveries from that game?

Edited by Mommar

The VF-0D is back in stock at HLJ for those that missed it.

Damn.

Well I bought it at way below retail anyway so I won't be too disheartened if the price drops. But I doubt it will.

Since hlj only requires 3000yen for EMS unlike NY and Amiami which requires 4700, HLJ is still the cheapest.

It is a remarkable toy no doubt, but I think it is just too expensive, though somewhat justifiable. I just hope that the VF-0A and S would be at a similar price and production quantity. However, the 0D has has only left very little impression on me when I watched Macross Zero many years back. Though I wasn't a Macross mecha buff at the time and was only attracted to the VF-0 designs through the Yamato toy propagandas.

Like the heavy discount we saw on the Arcadia YF-19? I kid. Correct me if I am wrong, but the only Arcadia valk to be heavily discounted has been the technicolor dream coat VF-1J.

Yes Yeti that has been the only one heavily discounted. The Fire Valkyrie saw some discount but it was part of a sale from HLJ. The 30th anniversary probably also had a larger production run considering how small and inexpensive it was to produce relative to the 0D. I couldn't resist and bought a 2nd 0D. I suspect it will be like the 19 and VF-4 and once its gone we wont see it again.

I agree. I don't see Arcadia falling into the pit trap of Yamato. Not that they couldn't sell more than they are making. I think they are going to be conservative for a few more releases. Just an opinion.

They probably learned a lot from the 30th 1J debacle and will probably be sticking to just canon figures, they need to redo the YF-21!!

tbh, being canon will never save that 30th Anniversary scheme for VF-1J.

so when arcadia says new tool per year, the 0A and 0S will count right?

so when arcadia says new tool per year, the 0A and 0S will count right?

Hm, good question. From what I've read here, I assumed the VF-0D was the new tooling release for this year. (Last year's was the YF-19, right?) So the rest of the releases this year will be considered re-releases (including the VF-0S and VF-0A even tho they'll get the same improvements that the 0D got). Is that right?

It almost ruined the toy and lead to MANY thigh/hip fractures. It also interfered with the transformation, as the "remove the legs" joint would always twist when you were trying to transform the pelvis instead---it was very hard to move the pelvis for transformation, it'd always try to detach the legs instead. The force required to move the pelvis without disengaging the legs lead to much stress, and the fractures.

The backplate also didn't lock down, whereas the old one did and was much more "locked together/consistent" in fighter mode because of it. There's a lot of "lopsided/curved" backplates out there on the current -21 when in fighter mode, because nothing is holding it down in place besides friction at the edges.

Canon? Yes, but so is the -19's high-speed mode, and look at how that screwed up the new -19's wings. They're hollow floppy messes that won't stay in place at any angle. Some gimmicks demand WAY too many compromises to basic structural integrity to implement.