Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

Sorry Kanedas Bike, I was mainly referring to the collective criticism in other comments. I didn't mean for it to come out as terse as that, my apologies. Mainly the criticism with it being a female figure like that's a bad thing. Personally I think it would have been stupid if they tried to make a feminine idol styled valk without the whole package. If you going to do it go for gold I say.

It's all good - no worries. Most of what we watch or collect is subjective to personal tastes and I can appreciate fans of one series or another wanting their favorite items produced (toys, media like video, print, music, etc.).

I'll be sure to try and phrase or tone my comments in such a way as to not be dismissive, especially since I wouldn't want someone to be that way towards something I'm passionate about.

It's also funny how much interest that teaser picture has generated - hopefully that's a really good sign for Arcadia and their business so that they keep releasing the Valkyries and other items we want. ^_^

-b.

It's also funny how much interest that teaser picture has generated - hopefully that's a really good sign for Arcadia and their business so that they keep releasing the Valkyries and other items we want. ^_^

I agree! I was worried when Yamato closed that there wasn't enough of a market to support new stuff, but I think it has had the effect of stirring collectors into action so hopefully if we keep supporting them, they will keep giving us awesome new collectables! I love the teaser, they haven't even shown the product and people are already thinking of buying it!

Macross 7 is the series that shows almost every VF aside from the VF-4.

And lets no forget clown dressed VF-1 and senile Monster, hehehe

back on topic.

I bet WF will reveal the VF-0D, final prototype or the YF-19, VF-1A Alaska, VF-1J Hikaru, Max and Millia. ummm Fast packs??

If it's similar to the VF-1 Mold, which it probably will be in terms of design as the transformation is the same, the nose cone pulls out. All they need to do is make a different nose cone for the D that's a bit larger, some leg magnet super packs a la the VF-11, and some larger fixed position wings.

I'm thinking it will be a little less than $200 at PO, considering the VF-0's sell for that much.

Edited by Gakken85

If it's similar to the VF-1 Mold, which it probably will be in terms of design as the transformation is the same, the nose cone pulls out. All they need to do is make a different nose cone for the D that's a bit larger, some leg magnet super packs a la the VF-11, and some larger fixed position wings.

I'm thinking it will be a little less than $200 at PO, considering the VF-0's sell for that much.

i hope you're right but the VF-0 is a much bigger valk than a vf-1...how much did arcadia want for thos again? $160ish msrp. $200 or less seems reasonable but we'll see.

What are the actual size stats on the VF-0 series?

Is it really that much bigger than the VF-1 or?

I never had a huge problem with the YF-19's price.. just didn't like the valk for that much cash.

But .. if this is a general market release as you indicated that would mean they would make more and the cost would be less.

Edited by Gakken85

The $200 mark sounds fair for a v2 VF-0 toy. I believe the Yammie v1 VF-0 standalone toys had a MSRP of about $170.

Edit:

With respect to dimensions, the results of a quick search for stats show that the VF-0A length in fighter mode is 18.69 meters while the VF-1A length in fighter mode is 14.23 meters.

So the VF-0 VFs are a fair bit larger than the VF-1 VFs.

Edited by Newtype78

The $200 mark sounds fair for a v2 VF-0 toy. I believe the Yammie v1 VF-0 standalone toys had a MSRP of about $170.

I dunno about that but I got my 0S for around $120-ish new.

With extra ammunition and dev costs for the mods, hope it will be around 150-ish.

I think that's optimistic, for a new mold.

I think with all the extras, stand, and mold costs it would be $250... but since it's a mass market release they will make more and the price will be around $200. Just a guess.

I dunno about that but I got my 0S for around $120-ish new.

With extra ammunition and dev costs for the mods, hope it will be around 150-ish.

I hope I'm mistaken. I'd love to pay less for a VF-0 toy!

I normally go to HLJ when I try to find the MSRP for products since they normally list the MSRP even for discontinued items. According to HLJ, the MSRP for the VF-0 standalone toys was 16,800 yen.

It sounds like you bought your VF-0S at a very nice discount, aaajin. :)

I hope I'm mistaken. I'd love to pay less for a VF-0 toy!

I normally go to HLJ when I try to find the MSRP for products since they normally list the MSRP even for discontinued items. According to HLJ, the MSRP for the VF-0 standalone toys was 16,800 yen.

It sounds like you bought your VF-0S at a very nice discount, aaajin. :)

yea I guess I did..but retailers are selling those at that price during that time. If Im not mistaken, mine's from toy-wave.

so here's to $200-ish VF-0D. As a size comparison, the 1/60 0S/0A/0D is about the same size of a 1/48 VF-1

I think that's optimistic, for a new mold.

I think with all the extras, stand, and mold costs it would be $250... but since it's a mass market release they will make more and the price will be around $200. Just a guess.

Did i miss the information that this would be a mass market release ( as in not made to order?)? Or am i missunderstanding?

You guys know the vf1 goes for 170 now right? A 0d will not be less than 250.

Wasn't the Vf-1 $155-160ish or was that the prorder discount? i don't remember, think i paid ~$180 shipped shipped. Guess i had mixed preorder pricing up with MSRP. Also, those were build to order. If this is a general release I assume it will be slightly cheaper than it would be if it were a build to order. So yo're 250 drops to say 225 (as a guess) for non build to order? Add in a preorder discount and its within shouting distance of $200 before shipping?

Wasn't the Vf-1 $155-160ish or was that the prorder discount? i don't remember, think i paid ~$180 shipped shipped. Guess i had mixed preorder pricing up with MSRP. Also, those were build to order. If this is a general release I assume it will be slightly cheaper than it would be if it were a build to order. So yo're 250 drops to say 225 (as a guess) for non build to order? Add in a preorder discount and its within shouting distance of $200 before shipping?

That's what I'm thinking. $230 or so shipped. Which is about what VF-0's cost earlier this year for the crappy Yamatos.

it's very cool to know that a completely new VALK is on its way!

Don't get me wrong, I like the Bandai offerings and I think the YF-30 will be cool, but it's going to be great to have the new YF-19 this year and a completely new VALK next year (assuming we get the VF-0D).

Thanks Arcadia!

Probably better not to use ex-Yamato products to guess the price. A VF-0D would likely be an all new tooling by Arcadia and not some mod of the existing Yamato VF-0 toolings. If the YF-19 is any basis, the MSRP price is likely to be around 30,000yen. That's about the limit of what I'd be willing to pay.

On a details note, I hope Mr.K eliminates the fanblades at the intake lips detail that was on the Yamato VF-0s

No that would be stupid.

How is it stupid, just because it's out a few's price range?

The YF-19 shared an assload of parts with VF-19. It's essentially a kit bash.

This new one is 100% new parts.

It's probably loaded with extras and features.

No less then 250$ at the least. More likely it's a 30,000 yen MSRP.

Just like the 19'. It's bigger and it's bulkier.

And again. 100% new parts. It's technically the first New mold.