Arcadia 1/60 Perfect Transformation VF-0D for 2015

Dark_Ghost

I'd take a MAXL over a 0D. :)

Indeed. To quote you from the other thread, I too would buy an Arcadia MAXL sight unseen.

Yeah but then what is it? Certainly not something that's delta wing that's been featured in a series.

While also being flown by one of the main Hero's of the Macross universe.

Once again, the VF-11MAXL does fit both of those. :)

Either way, it's of interest to me, as I'd kinda like a VF-0D and don't have one.

Getting a complete Sound Force squadron with the VF-11MAXL and the VF-17T Nightmare Custom would be choice in my opinion. Getting back to those uncanny Macross Zero sculpts would also be a big win too, though.

Heh, whatever it is, I'm hooked.

Edited by technoblue

But wait, you're getting a YF-19 right?

uni-boob is acceptable, for the sake of characterizing a part of the fighter mode that is carried over to battroid after transformation.

but dual-boobs?...I'd rather have them on humans than robots. I mean, dont get me wrong, in human, they at least serve a purpose to be on the upper abdomen, but robots? whyy?

all these talk about boobs is making me hungry :ph34r:

But it's not the MAXL, you can tell by the wing tips alone.

eblLtXj.png

You guys are seriously diehards if you want that piece.

It's like a power ranger gundam. Deculture

All Macross 7's are like power ranger gundam's haha.

That has to be the worst looking Valk ever made. Period.

As someone who is crossing their fingers for Arcadia to announce that they will be producing the VF-0D in toy form, I've been looking at Macross Zero line art lately with a closer eye. Here are some animated GIFs to show the structural differences between the 0D and 0A. There would be some significant retooling required but it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that if Arcadia produces the 0D, the 0A and 0S would be close behind.

0o27.gif

xnr.gif

sn0.gif

80mq.gif

All Macross 7's are like power ranger gundam's haha.

That has to be the worst looking Valk ever made. Period.

I've always thought they look gundam-ish with human face (with nose/eyes/mouth). 19 Kai looks like a gundam, and MAXL looks like a fashionista lady on high heels. The only valk thats acceptable in M7 universe is the 11C, 22S and 17S/D. I totally understand, its that era, and theyre just doing their jobs to create an anime that will appeal to the general public/kids with rock-band/concerts/robots with human face...but still...

Convenient location for speakers. Have you not seen the awesomeness that is M7?

Seen it a while ago, but aside from some good songs, the storyline & valks designs are kind of err.. :ph34r:

May Anima Spiritia will always be with you! :D

That's.. actually much worse looking than the normal one would be. :blink: They basically turned it into a robot that looks kinda like it uses some airplane parts.

I think if they actually recessed the speakers instead of making them into boobs, the design would be fine. Just cover them with sliding doors.

Those gifs are pretty great :)

Makes it real easy to see what the differences are.

...and as much as I'd bitch and moan about that girly Valk, I'd probably buy one to complete the collection. :p

Same nose length; different configuration... Just like VF-171s!

KgAJb3.png

Most real planes are like that too, for single vs two-seat configuration. F-15, F-16, F-18...

The F-5 is the first one that comes to mind where the 2-seater is actually longer. A-7 too.

Sorry, not a fan of any of the Macross 7 designs and I haven't even been able to convince myself to watch of the series or companion material. Valks with faces and boobs - No. Thank. You.

If this new design comes between a Macross Zero mecha and a Macross 7 mecha then Zero all the way. Queue the Top Gun music of your choice.

-b.

You can hardly criticise Macross 7 or it's valks if you haven't even been bothered watching it. The whole point of the out there valks is that they are supposed to be rock band styled costumes in valk form. They really go well with the themes and story since the military basically made them like that to give people musical idols in the military for propaganda purposes. Basically they wanted to use then as a weapon and to gather a fan base sympathetic to the military. I'm prefer other valks but they are perfectly suited to their role.

You can hardly criticise Macross 7 or it's valks if you haven't even been bothered watching it. The whole point of the out there valks is that they are supposed to be rock band styled costumes in valk form. They really go well with the themes and story since the military basically made them like that to give people musical idols in the military for propaganda purposes. Basically they wanted to use then as a weapon and to gather a fan base sympathetic to the military. I'm prefer other valks but they are perfectly suited to their role.

Well actually I'm simply stating that a fact that Macross 7 (or at the very least those with certain characteristics) designs don't appeal to me. That's not so much a criticism as it is a statement of my opinion or sense of aesthetic.

We'll see what Arcadia plans to release, hopefully everyone can get a little of what they want and some of us can save some money if those releases aren't our cup of tea.

-b.

Now that's just silly. There's plenty of things you can criticize even if you haven't sat down and watched every minute!

...that said, I shall get around to watching my Blurays of 7...sometime... ;)

Edited by xrentonx

Sorry Kanedas Bike, I was mainly referring to the collective criticism in other comments. I didn't mean for it to come out as terse as that, my apologies. Mainly the criticism with it being a female figure like that's a bad thing. Personally I think it would have been stupid if they tried to make a feminine idol styled valk without the whole package. If you going to do it go for gold I say.

I am sold also for a VF-0B. Just because this is the fighter that resembles the most to a F-14! :wub:

20070429.jpg

If somehow Arcadia said frak it we'll make the VF-0B in 1/60, I would take on a part-time job just to pay for a couple of them. I love the OD, but the VF-0B... damn shes a beautiful bird!! B))