Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I still have mine too, I can't get rid of it because it was my first macross Valk also, and I thought it looked so awesome back then. I think I paid $100 total including shipping back in 1999 or was it 2000 I don't remember but I do remember thinking I paid more than I ever would for a toy, now paying close to $300 for a new one I didn't even think of it and hit the preorder button.

Always prefered the "mosquito nose" old 1/60 VF-1 over the MPC (never bought a single MPC) The legs removal never bothered me, I still have all the old 1/60's.

Yamato was the best that happened for us macross toys collectors!

Off Topic.

my very first was 1/72 YF-21, 2nd was 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis v1, 3rd was the 1/72 VF-19A. And then all hell's broke loose with all the 1/48 VF-1 variants

I remembered the diecast YF-19 was pretty rare at that time.

Back on Topic

I guess new any news on the Arcadia's YF-19 will be after the WF on Feb 9th...sigh

It seems like the final release of the toy will have the painted lights on the wing gloves. I don't dig that....

Sadly, that's been the standard operating procedure for all of the VF-19s.. I don't know why either, it seems pretty cheap in comparison to all the other details. I've always just assumed there wasn't much room to do such a thing with the wing needing to fold into the glove.

Sadly, that's been the standard operating procedure for all of the VF-19s.. I don't know why either, it seems pretty cheap in comparison to all the other details. I've always just assumed there wasn't much room to do such a thing with the wing needing to fold into the glove.

Yeah, the wing folds right up against that part of the wing glove in Battroid mode. That might be why they chose to paint it instead.

Are you going to cancel your pre order?

I will cancel it for sure! *hitting the panic button*

In all seriousness it was already present on the prototype so it would be a surprise if it would be changed further on. It is a nitpick for me but I can deal with it. But I would have preferred a different solution.

Honestly even if there is not enough room for a piece like on the VF-17 I would be satisfied with something like the fold crystal on the YF-29. A small and slim piece of transparent plastic with a silver painted backside. It does not require that much space but would make a difference on the toy itself but maybe there isn't enough room even for that solution.

I'm thinking that "purple" color must be a combination of the low level lighting in the photo combined with some different monitor settings. It's a dulled version of the more blue feet we've seen before (and I personally found the more blue color appealing.)

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, it's i no go i believe based on Mr. K saying helmet less isamu would have to come out of his salary (joking but most likely his nice way of saying he cant do it) and probably doubtful since it was a pain to paint the non extra little figures in the factory.

I think that this is just a case of the settings and/or monitor that you're using to view the images. My laptop and Ipad at home make the pieces in question look grey while my work monitor makes the same pieces look purplish.

I'm confident that the coloring process will check out in the end. Fingers crossed.

I just noticed something while comparing to the old 1/60 YF-19 to see if there was a chance that the original fold booster would fit with the old attachments. The corner of the arms stick out from under the shield. It wasn't the case with the VF-19s because their shields were more rectangular, but with the YF-19's shield shape, it doesn't cover the arms completely.

It's not so obvious from Mr. K's pic, but much more visible in the pics Reïvaj posted a number of pages back. I don't know of anyone has already mentioned it or not. I didn't really follow this thread too much and skimmed through the pages when checking now and then.

Yeah, looks like the nubs on the arms stick out on the back end. But what does it have to do with the Fold Booster?

Nothing, it was just something I noticed while comparing.

But since the arms are in the way, the old fold booster adapters probably won't fit since they clip over the angled part of the shield where the arms stick out, also the fighter mode shield is much thinner.