Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

As far as the purple canopy goes, remember, the VF-19 cad images had those too. It's just a software coloring.

Agreed, not sure why people getting bent about it. Just a CAD image for the clear canopy. Pretty sure the VF-4 did the same thing.

Chris

[...] As far as the purple canopy goes, remember, the VF-19 cad images had those too. It's just a software coloring.

Unless Arcadia's planning to please MF fans? No, I don't think so, I prefer the software colouring theory.

post-12283-0-02028400-1372442601_thumb.png

Let me guess.

1. Thigh filler parts

2. Neck cover

3. Battroid mode shield

I think Mr-K has mentioned something around the cockpit, but that's probably more related to new engineering than option parts. Or perhaps them both?

Given how vague they sometimes are and what is lost in translation I'll wait for wonderfest to more definite info on the "tons of options parts", but thanks, news keep getting better and better from Arcadia.

I'm still waiting for the VF-1J 30th "new gimmicks" clarification.

Given how vague they sometimes are and what is lost in translation I'll wait for wonderfest to more definite info on the "tons of options parts", but thanks, news keep getting better and better from Arcadia.

I'm still waiting for the VF-1J 30th "new gimmicks" clarification.

it's not so much what is lost in translation, because, as you said, they are very vague to begin with. it's what gets ADDED to the translation that messes everything up.

case in point: back when it wasn't revealed that the VF-1J 30th was a transformable toy or not, they hinted that it was transformable by saying it had "a lot of gimmicks." very vague, because they presumably couldn't announce yet that it was a transformable toy. however, on MW that has somehow morphed into this idea that the 30th VF-1J will have "new gimmicks" that other 1/60 v2's don't have. this was never stated or even implied in the original japanese. i wouldn't know until it's released but i am pretty sure aside from having a clear stand included the VF-1J 30th is gonna be identical to all other 1/60 v2's.

edit: as far as the YF-19 goes:

オプションパーツわんさかです! option parts wansaka desu!

translation of "wansaka" http://www.websaru.info/%E3%82%8F%E3%82%93%E3%81%95%E3%81%8B.html

as far as what those option parts are? that's anybody's guess until wonderfest happens, but what's the harm in speculating? we'll know more in a month anyway..

Edited by cyde01

Unless Arcadia's planning to please MF fans? No, I don't think so, I prefer the software colouring theory.

attachicon.gifsms_yf_19_excalibur_super_pack_by_comipa-d4dtxyb.png

I think Mr-K has mentioned something around the cockpit, but that's probably more related to new engineering than option parts. Or perhaps them both?

There's also the fact that that shot is reflecting a big blue planet. :p After all the trouble the tinting on the VF-1s gave theme, I doubt they'd revisit that to any great extent (though the 30th VF-1J seems to have a tinted canopy? Not sure about that one). I wouldn't be surprised if they rework the YF-19 to use a similar battroid cockpit gimmick to the one on the VF-19s, but as far as I know, that's not accurate, since the YF-19 didn't have that hatch behind the head, it had a bank of thrusters for use in Gerwalk.

I really only want the Macross Plus YF-19, but having optional stickers for SMS markings might be a fun thing to include. Thing is, there's no way those packs would ever work in anything but fighter mode.

Option parts will probably be similar to the VF-19s: neck cover, thigh covers, etc. I'm not sure if the shield will be as important for this one since I don't recall the shape changing significantly between fighter and battroid, but they might need a replacement to handle holding the gunpod/extra magazines, or to relocate the shield on the center of the arm.

[...] I wouldn't be surprised if they rework the YF-19 to use a similar battroid cockpit gimmick to the one on the VF-19s, but as far as I know, that's not accurate, since the YF-19 didn't have that hatch behind the head, it had a bank of thrusters for use in Gerwalk. [...]

Don't forget the cockpits open differently:

VF-19:

post-12283-0-66262000-1372455004_thumb.gif

YF-19:

post-12283-0-98655400-1372455012_thumb.gif

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

Don't forget the cockpits open differently:

VF-19:

attachicon.gifvf-19custom-fighter-cockpit.gif

YF-19:

attachicon.gifyf-19-cockpit-diagrams.gif

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

Oh, absolutely, but I mean I wonder if they'll try to work it in anyway. I can think of a couple of ways to make it work, but it would make the canopy connection fragile, and overcomplicated. It'd have to be a similar mechanism to the v.1, where you have the canopy attached to a separate structure that plugs in ahead of the instrument panel. Big difference is, you'd have to attach the canopy hinge to the peak of an arch shape, and have a second flap that could open to let the pilot out in battroid mode. It would be a mess.

What's interesting about this one though.. they can't use the same cockpit rotation mechanism as the VF-19, unless they rework the rotation so the canopy doesn't have to open, or find some way to have both the front and rear halves of the canopy pop up together. I can't actually remember off the top of my head, but I don't think the VF-19 battroid mode fits together correctly if the cockpit isn't rotated.

Considering the lack of a hatch behind the head on the YF-19 though, I wouldn't be all that disappointed if they didn't make the cockpit rotate at all. It would certainly let them simplify the entire mechanism in the nose.

I can't actually remember off the top of my head, but I don't think the VF-19 battroid mode fits together correctly if the cockpit isn't rotated.

actually, i shift my 19S to BATTROID as a matter of course without implementing the seat-rotation feature. everything fits just fine.

for one, i don't want to put too much wear on that delicate little canopy hinge. nor do i want to risk damaging it in any way during transformation..

for two, the fact that the canopy cannot close with the seat in BATTROID position bothers me to no end.

i mean, exactly how the hell is the pilot supposed to be shifting to B in space or non-breathable atmosphere

without a pressurized flight suit or at least an oxygen mask!?! (i'm looking at you, Basara Nekki...)

for my part, i'd rather just pretend that the cockpit remains a pressurized vessel in all modes,

and somehow the life-support system compensates for the pilot's awkward positioning in B mode within a normal gravity environment...

Edited by Shaorin

This may be a silly question, according to the line art does the YF-19 cockpit rotate when in battroid?

I seem to remember a scene in MAC+ where bowman and dyson are facing off in battroid and when the scene cuts to a cross section of the YF-19 in battroid, the cockpit and dyson are facing downwards, with Dyson appearing to looking up towards the YF-21.

No time to grab a screen shot at the moment but I distinctly remember thinking that it was odd that isamu was facing towards the ground when in battroid. On the other hand it could have been a mid transformation scene.....

i remember that scene. i recall Dyson's 11B being in Bmode with the cockpit shield fully open/tucked away and Dyson's seat still in F position

glaring upwards and ahead through his helmet's transparent visor at Bowmann's 21 as he was barreling his 11B straight at it...

Edited by Shaorin

Am I the only one who is noticing this gimmick?

Arcadia_YF-19_zpsa17983d5.jpg

Looks like the gun pod will be able to stow away on the shield or the ammo clip will. Looks like they tried to hide the reveal with the Macross Plus logo.

Edited by Loop

Oh btw guys, I would not be shocked if this is glossy. There is a scene on mac+ where Isamu gets to touch the YF-19 for the first time and you can clearly see his reflection on the fighter as he touches it.

Prototype jets are often glossy, in the real world. Most every major one I can think of was so. F-14, 15, 16, 18, 20. AV-8B. Still, I prefer matte because well, fingerprints.

I agree with preferring matte, I made the comment because I am sure there will be a lot of moaning about it. :) I tend to display in a case and I have some really good micro fiber cloths that wipe these down well. I will still keep my first YF-19 that m0n5t3r talked me into buying in my first ever post/thread lock here at MW http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31007#entry784215

I don't think he had any way of knowing that I would be buying the hell out of the Yamato valks :p So crazy how the years fly by when collecting these things lol, that post was way back in '09.

Edited by Loop

The scene of Guld looking at the VF-11B with Isamu facing upward was discussed before if the YF-21 gave Guld the ability to seethrough or something, I believe the concensus was that the moment Guld looked at Isamu, the VF-11B was midtransformation so perhaps the seat had already set into fighter mode since the canopy shield was opening.

I will continue to be the lone ranger here that prefers his toys glossy!

I like glossy. if a toy's going to be bare plastic I'd rather have Gloss. To me matte finish only looks really good if it's achieved through a matte clear coat.

i remember that scene. i recall Dyson's 11B being in Bmode with the cockpit shield fully open/tucked away and Dyson's seat still in F position

glaring upwards and ahead through his helmet's transparent visor at Bowmann's 21 as he was barreling his 11B straight at it...

Ha! I remembered the scene right, it was just the wrong Valkrey.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I still refer mine matte thanks. I don't think there is debate on which looks more realistic, as most 1/72 models and diecast aren't glossy. They just look that way at the distance. Not that there is any issue preferring one over another of course.

Looks like the gun pod will be able to stow away on the shield or the ammo clip will. Looks like they tried to hide the reveal with the Macross Plus logo.

Anime-accurate, at least.

785397005.jpg?1372412929

This may be a silly question, according to the line art does the YF-19 cockpit rotate when in battroid?

I seem to remember a scene in MAC+ where bowman and dyson are facing off in battroid and when the scene cuts to a cross section of the YF-19 in battroid, the cockpit and dyson are facing downwards, with Dyson appearing to looking up towards the YF-21.

No time to grab a screen shot at the moment but I distinctly remember thinking that it was odd that isamu was facing towards the ground when in battroid. On the other hand it could have been a mid transformation scene.....

I don't know if the lineart actually directly shows it, but it pretty much has to. The viewscreens under his feet in the cockpit are what he's looking through for battroid mode, just like the later VF-19s.

I think both a glossy and a matte finish can look good but the should be consistent. I don't like that my VF-19S is glossy and the other Macross 7 toys are matte. Why does the VF-19 have to be the odd man out all the time.

I always thought that all the Valkyries have a rotating cockpit so that they don't get confused when the VF is facing a different direction than they do. In space it is not that big of a deal if you can't see whats happening outside and only have monitors showing you whats happening but when fighting on something with an atmosphere the gravity pulls you towards the ground and the ear is telling the body where the directions are. Don't know if you feel acceleration forces in space but it must be really disturbing if you feel the applied force in one direction and look in the other.

That the VF-19 toys cannot close their cockpit is due to limitations I guess but in fiction the cockpit should rotate with opening the canopy. If I get that wrong with my limited Macross knowledge let me know.