Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Ok, so if were going to be tossing around wild speculation based on random bric-a-brac scattered around the picture, what does the Bandai VF-1 kit instruction manual mean? 1/60 VF-1 V.3.0?!? :p

It looks like it's going to be a better toy than the VF-19s! Thank you very much, Arcadia! Keep up the great job!

I hope the landing gear LOCKS in place, in every axis, on all 3. Yeesh, Yamato never did have a valk where all the gear would stay down when rolling it back and forth, IIRC. Collapse in, collapse forward, collapse backward...

Also, I really hope that VF-0D is a hint.

Wow, that's so untrue! The only 1/60 I own with that problem is the YF-21. I don't know about the SV-51 though, I don't have one of those.

Looks awesome for the overwhelming majority of hints, but those upper intake lips look way too blocky to me....probably. so it can have the removable covers. :p

Also, fast packs are already mounted in one pic. :)

Yeap, I think you're right and the blocky upper intake lips are the price to pay for the removable covers. I'll take that as an improvement.

You know what? I said this in that shenanigans thread with the fake Minmay Guard but NOW it's true: Arcadia is kickin ass and takin names. Can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeve! :wub:

I don't recall them ever having a short preorder window. They've always been on the order of days or weeks. Never seconds or minutes.

Edited by xrentonx

Ok, so if were going to be tossing around wild speculation based on random bric-a-brac scattered around the picture, what does the Bandai VF-1 kit instruction manual mean? 1/60 VF-1 V.3.0?!? :p

Maybe they are looking for inspiration how to do good box art. ^_^

Wow, that's so untrue! The only 1/60 I own with that problem is the YF-21. I don't know about the SV-51 though, I don't have one of those.

The 1/48 VF-1 is infamous for easily-collapsing nosegear, YF-19's not much better and has wonky main gear. SV-51's rear gear collapses. V1 1/60 VF-1 has collapsing mains IIRC.

The 1/48 VF-1 is infamous for easily-collapsing nosegear, YF-19's not much better and has wonky main gear. SV-51's rear gear collapses. V1 1/60 VF-1 has collapsing mains IIRC.

My SV-51 CF doesn't seem to bad, rolls back and forth without collapsing. Wish bandai would build theirs with more bulk, and rubber tires. The soft plastic nosegear covers in the frontier valks really put me off.

My SV-51 CF doesn't seem to bad, rolls back and forth without collapsing. Wish bandai would build theirs with more bulk, and rubber tires. The soft plastic nosegear covers in the frontier valks really put me off.

The only Bandai valks that didn't have rubber tires where the version 1 VF-25's. the VF-27, VF-171 and VF-25 Renewals all had rubber tires and ABS plastic gear doors. and as for not having enough bulk, the VF-25 and -27 are always shown with long, thin landing gear throughout the anime.

I assume that are the M&M paint schemes for the YF-19. Is there any plane that they haven't piloted? :)

Do those Fast Packs attach to the shoulders in Battroid-/Gerwalk-Mode like the packs on the VF-19?

The only Bandai valks that didn't have rubber tires where the version 1 VF-25's. the VF-27, VF-171 and VF-25 Renewals all had rubber tires and ABS plastic gear doors. and as for not having enough bulk, the VF-25 and -27 are always shown with long, thin landing gear throughout the anime.

The nose gear doors on my 171s are flexible and rubbery, that's ABS? Also if that's rubber must be a special kind as they sure don't feel like it to me. I know they are designed thin that way, just...don't feel fun popping the landing gears out. Don't get me wrong though some of the yammie gears require a tool to get them out but they somehow feel more substantial. The gear wells are larger and painted for example. Just a personal preference.

The nose gear doors on my 171s are flexible and rubbery, that's ABS? Also if that's rubber must be a special kind as they sure don't feel like it to me. I know they are designed thin that way, just...don't feel fun popping the landing gears out. Don't get me wrong though some of the yammie gears require a tool to get them out but they somehow feel more substantial. The gear wells are larger and painted for example. Just a personal preference.

The tires are stiffer than Yamato's but they're stretchy and flexible (you can tell if you try to pull them off the wheel hub), there definately some sort of rubberized PVC.

As for the doors, they certainly don't feel rubbery on my VF-171, they have flex to them, but that's more because of how thin they are. they're certainly more ridged than the PVC antennas the toy comes with.

Edited by anime52k8

I´m sorry, but that´s not true. If you´re talking about the "v1" 1/48, I cannot say, but my "v2" 1/48 HI DYRL doesn´t have any problems. Not my SV-51, and neither the VF-19kai and the VF-17.... VF-22s aside, of course, cause that rear landing gear sucks...

Eh, I dunno if the removable covers are actually worth it. Those blocky upper edges on the intakes really look like they would disrupt the airflow. But meh, that's kind of a minor thing compared with all the other things they got right. Might be an easy fix if you just add some material to extend the upper lip.

Anyway though, no offense to those who like the DN and BoP schemes, but those were just incredibly lazy palette swaps that wound up painting a bunch of panels nonsense colors. Screw that noise, I want the freaking originals this time. :) They gave us those Supernova logos on the VF-19 sheets, so I see absolutely no reason why they shouldn't just go for the full scheme this time.

mgjune02page3.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

Oh, BTW, would it be too much to ask to get these repaints/bundles down the line:

attachicon.gif20100207WF2010Winter036D26-03YF19SoundBooster2.jpgattachicon.gif20100207WF2010Winter036D26-03YF19SoundBooster4.jpg

Not likely to happen, according to Mr.K

先に言うが、不器用なのでマジレスします。

設定に無い機体ってなかなか難しいのよね~。デザインや開発業務。 デザインはセンスでどうにかなるかもですが、企画を進行するにあたり各所への説得理由の為に「なぜに19Sでフォッカーや輝の仕様なのか?」という 落とし込みが必要となります。より必然を装うのが大事です。

ただ作るのは簡単ですが、企画を説得させる為のになるから大変。

I agree that the top edge looks a little too blocky, but it would be easy for them to add a little slope to that & Have it blend better. The white/yellow intake covers on the blue 19's just look wrong in fighter mode.

Not likely to happen, according to Mr.K

先に言うが、不器用なのでマジレスします。

設定に無い機体ってなかなか難しいのよね~。デザインや開発業務。 デザインはセンスでどうにかなるかもですが、企画を進行するにあたり各所への説得理由の為に「なぜに19Sでフォッカーや輝の仕様なのか?」という 落とし込みが必要となります。より必然を装うのが大事です。

ただ作るのは簡単ですが、企画を説得させる為のになるから大変。

I have no idea what that says but It doesn't seem good.

I agree that the top edge looks a little too blocky, but it would be easy for them to add a little slope to that & Have it blend better. The white/yellow intake covers on the blue 19's just look wrong in fighter mode.

More so than an undersized sculpted fan disk sitting 2 millimeters past the lip of the intake? :huh:

I have no idea what that says but It doesn't seem good.

He's basically saying its better to have a standard color to be imagined into a specific scheme,

Then trying to sell multiple variants. Use your imagination if you want a Fokker scheme ect.

Seems like they might have figured out why they

Endangered themselves in the market last time.

Too many schemes.

Arcadia should sell kit versions as well, like Yamato did with the VF-1's. Then people could do custom schemes easier without having to figure out how to pry the pieces apart and risk damage or breaking things.

More so than an undersized sculpted fan disk sitting 2 millimeters past the lip of the intake? :huh:

Ugh, yeah. If it's going to have a crappy looking fan that also doesn't sit deep enough (hopefully not), I would rather they just make the intake covers permanent.

The intake fans on the VF-25 renewals are atrocious and if it weren't for the fact that the armor pieces need you to take the covers off, they could have just made the covers permanent because I'd never display them with those crappy half-assed, unpainted fans showing.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Fair enough, I don't like the fans either. Why can't they just leave them black, but set in a little so that they look more like an intake?

The gray covers on the 11, 1 & 25 look fine. It's the bright yellow & white ones that look awful.

Guest davidwhangchoi

He's basically saying its better to have a standard color to be imagined into a specific scheme,

Then trying to sell multiple variants. Use your imagination if you want a Fokker scheme ect.

Seems like they might have figured out why they

Endangered themselves in the market last time.

Too many schemes.

glad i kept my 4g's