Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

I need to go apologize to my downstairs neighbor.. I think my jaw just crashed into his dinner.

Just.. holy crap. I'm slightly worried what the price will be with all this, but I love the fact that they're including so many options. I kinda wouldn't be surprised if the reaction missiles aren't part of the pack though, since they've been available for a while. I do hope the hardpoints are compatible with all the stuff we already have, but also not counting on it.

Edit: Nevermind, they definitely say RMS in the description, along with a half dozen other acronyms.

We can now have a better understanding of the pic Mr-K posted some time ago. Yes, the hardpoints seem to be compatible. And no, they are not the ones that came with the VF-1 SP.

post-12283-0-33576900-1373781193_thumb.jpg

2連反応弾。試作出力完了。

I'm willing to pay a good price so long as we don't run into any of the old classic yamato quality control with arms breaking off.

I hope they take their time on this one. (there isn't really much else they can be doing after this)

The missiles coming out of the leg gimmick should be interesting. Will they be bringing back the gimmick from the older yf-19 where you could remove the head piece to reveal internal details underneath?

If this is $300+ that will be hard for many to swallow but if they include load of extras like the FP that would make it worth it.

I don't want to pay the shipping of having a seperate package just with FAST packs. I think given the size of them on the YF-19 they should just chuck them in together. Maybe put the fold booster with underarm grenade launcher in a seperate pack instead.

BTW will there be that underarm grenade launcher made? That was the one thing we wished for last time but it didn't get done. That and the VF-11 C full armor. :-(

If they are going to revisit the VF-0, then I hope they get to do Roy's Reactive Armor too BTW.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm really hoping Arcadia retains "solid" pins----IMHO that is a big part of the reason for the VF-171 parts cracking. Hollow pins have edges and are not as perfectly round---all of which create stress on the parts as they rotate.

I can't make out some of the writing but in the second pic that lists all the accessories it lists something called a SPP-8 something something launcher pod. Could that be confirmation of the arm attached grenade launcher thing?

Edit: nevermind. Just did a google search and sounds like spp-8 is a wing hardpoint mounted long distance missle.

Edited by cyde01

I'm really hoping Arcadia retains "solid" pins----IMHO that is a big part of the reason for the VF-171 parts cracking. Hollow pins have edges and are not as perfectly round---all of which create stress on the parts as they rotate.

Yamato Already uses a lot of spring pins on their VF-19's.

Dang it! (I don't own a VF-19 yet, I was hoping/waiting for the -19F to get cheaper---but it never did, only the S model---and now I'll just wait for my true fave, Isamu's) Maybe if someone dumps their -19F to get Isamu's, I'll buy a used one.

Anyone care to speculate on MSRP? Im hoping no more than 200 USD or 20,000 JPY

Heh, good one. :lol:B))

This is going to look so awesome next too the Isamu YF-29.

Graham

Translation: The Isamu YF-29 is going to look so pitiful next to this :D

Only joking, but I am entertained by the competition between these two. It's like our own Project Supernova!! :lol:

Yeah, the pins in the VF-19 are definitely those metal spring ones, but I believe most of the areas they're used are already metal parts.

Anyway, I'm going to have to just assume the wings will work like the Hasegawa kit's, and just slide out and rotate to allow them to fold back. What I am curious about is how the fast packs are going to fit on the legs this time.

Dang it! (I don't own a VF-19 yet, I was hoping/waiting for the -19F to get cheaper---but it never did, only the S model---and now I'll just wait for my true fave, Isamu's) Maybe if someone dumps their -19F to get Isamu's, I'll buy a used on

The S looks better anyway. The gold trimmings make look like a higher ranked soldier. Much like the gold trimming on the VF-1S that Roy used. Don't get why everyone is into the silver/white trimmings. S has more bling bling.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

It's yellow trim, not gold.

Graham

It's "gold" to certain parts of the U.S. though. Yes, we know the actual color is yellow but we still refer to it as "gold." It's symbolic and cultural. Example, our American football team the Pittsburgh Steelers. I grew up in that city and we've always referred to them as the black and gold even though we very well knew the actual color is yellow.

Given the VF-19 started at about $250, I doubt that's possible. I'm guessing close to $300 for this, considering all the extras they have planned, which would put it pretty close to where the VF-4 was.

see why i bit for two (2) of the Yammie VF-19S at clearance now?

i have a primary and a spare of that masterpiece for what just one (1) of these new YF-19s will most likely MSRP for, shipping factored in.

and since MAC+ is vastly more popular than MAC7 is in the world MACROSS/ROBOTECH market outside Japan, this new 19 will likely sell hotcakes

and never see an opportunity to be clearanced down to a far more reasonable (but still expensive-ass) price, shipping included...

Dang it! (I don't own a VF-19 yet, I was hoping/waiting for the -19F to get cheaper---but it never did, only the S model---and now I'll just wait for my true fave, Isamu's) Maybe if someone dumps their -19F to get Isamu's, I'll buy a used one.

trust me Dave... get yourself a 19S; it's worth every penny, and it's the cheapest 1/60 VF-19 variant around to boot. there's just no way to lose... :):wub:

Edited by Shaorin

and since MAC+ is vastly more popular than MAC7 is in the world MACROSS/ROBOTECH market outside Japan, this new 19 will likely sell hotcakes

and never see an opportunity to be clearanced down to a far more reasonable (but still expensive-ass) price, shipping included...

As much as I dislike the mentality of "I'll pick it up on sale/clearance", there aren't many mass-released Yamato Valks that haven't gone on sale a year or two after release.

As much as I dislike the mentality of "I'll pick it up on sale/clearance", there aren't many mass-released Yamato Valks that haven't gone on sale a year or two after release.

So true, I started my Yamato v2 collection with the Mac+ YF-19 and YF-21 at full price as I knew no better. As I was catching up to get my collection current there were a lot of Yammies I got on sale just due to the timing of it all. HLJ was having phenomenal sales + deep discounts on shipping so I had to bite. Once I was current though I never really waited around for sales. I just bought them as they came out as I did not want to risk missing out on any of them. I am actually glad I did as there were a few releases that seemed like they would sit around but they did not. Some of the releases also seemed to only get one run and were gone. Honestly I love saving money and all but I have a valk addiction problem and could not risk missing out, and I wanted to support Yamato as they were giving me what I wanted.

I really appreciate that Arcadia is giving us what we want also, out of my support for them I even pre-ordered the Nascross valk (not sure if it will ever leave it's box though). This valk is going to be mine on day 1. I am actually willing to pay the price for 1x super complete release so that I don't have to hunt accessory packs down. Now if they would just add a foldildo to the package I will feel it is super complete. :)

Knowing you're wrong doesn't make it right.

In the sports world Yellow is often referred to Gold. When my father was stationed in Germany the high school mascot was a bison and the colors were purple and yellow, but was referred to as purple and gold.

It's really common to be called gold in sports.

I'm a 9ers fan... we call gold... gold. Besides, we're talking about paint on a jet, not a high school mascot. How is this conversation happening? Sorry, I'll stop.

My guess for price: same as a 17D with Super Parts MSRP.

Edited by jenius

Well, given very few of us know exactly why Yamato went under (officially anyway, since it's easy to assume), I'm wondering exactly what strategy will help Arcadia stay afloat.

While a lot of us like to point at overproduction on stuff that didn't sell well, it makes you wonder why they would produce multiple runs of things that weren't popular. The development process seemed to go quite smoothly with things (and still seems to be going well with Arcadia), so I just wonder if production and labor costs from the later Macross 7 stuff became too high to continue.

I don't want to speculate what that will mean for the YF-19, but I seriously doubt we'll be seeing any clearance sales.

I'm a 9ers fan... we call gold... gold. Besides, we're talking about paint on a jet, not a high school mascot. How is this conversation happening? Sorry, I'll stop.

My guess for price: same as a 17D with Super Parts MSRP.

I think it's happening because of this: #FFD700 (Hex) or 255, 215, 0 (RGB) I guess it is technically called "Golden" not "Gold" but #FFDF00 is golden yellow, now to get back on topic......

I hope these don't make it to the clearance stage. I highly doubt it anyways as this thing is going to be hot sh1t. I like the fact that Bandai is striking back with the Isamu 29, they are challenging Arcadia. Competition only benefits the consumer with more options and hopefully pricing battles down the road. Not sure though Arcadia can compete on the MSRP levels of Bandai though as Arcadia is a smaller company and Bandai is a juggernaut in the toy industry.

Hey Arcadia!

How about a counter attack? :D (I know about licensing issues but it's just daydreaming)

VF-19A Ozma Lee Custom

More: http://hairenfleur.web.fc2.com/vf19a.html

That would actually be a downgrade for Ozma...... But I do wonder what did Ozma fly before the 25 and now the 29?

Edited by Loop