Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

That's way too shallow, imo. It's right at the edge. I think they'd be better off just making it flat with no fan and painting it black like what Bandai did with the VF-27.

That's never been Yamato's way. I guess that if you want the intake to be black you'll have to paint the fan. Not a big deal for Mr. MacrossJunkie! :p

Looking good.

So about the ankles? Will they just go with the vf-19 ones? I remember all the complaining about how you could not do the GERWALK mode pose where you place the feet forward as much as possible and the butt of the plane further back to make it more balanced due to the design of the ball or socket. People felt this made the GERWALK look like it's nose was sticking too far ahead and gives the GERWALK mode a less aggressive appearance.

If you have a stand and use that to pose GERWALK mode none of that matters much since you don't have to keep the feet flush to the ground. But for those who like to pose a GERWALK on flat surface it can make the mode look cooler.

Will they be redesigning the ankles so you can pose the feet at more extreme angles forward and back without wrecking anything?

Looking good.

So about the ankles? Will they just go with the vf-19 ones? I remember all the complaining about how you could not do the GERWALK mode pose where you place the feet forward as much as possible and the butt of the plane further back to make it more balanced due to the design of the ball or socket. People felt this made the GERWALK look like it's nose was sticking too far ahead and gives the GERWALK mode a less aggressive appearance.

If you have a stand and use that to pose GERWALK mode none of that matters much since you don't have to keep the feet flush to the ground. But for those who like to pose a GERWALK on flat surface it can make the mode look cooler.

Will they be redesigning the ankles so you can pose the feet at more extreme angles forward and back without wrecking anything?

It affects pose-ability and fun. Nobody complaining about the ankles used the term "aggressive" as far as I'm aware. It was the people saying the ankles were fine that kept repeating that term.

It wasn't the nose sticking too far ahead, it was the plane nosing over into the ground because the feet couldn't bend far enough to place the legs far enough forward to put them under the center of gravity.

The stand mount on the VF-19 was worthless though. By far, the least sturdy attachment point of any Yammie to date. Fighter mode was far too back-heavy for the clip to stay attached on mine, and even for gerwalk with the legs flipped forward, the stand mount was still too far forward of the balance point for the thing to not topple off backwards.

Ah ok.

I usually keep all my valks in plane mode. The VF-19 was obviously for the robot mode fans because it looks posable in that mode. And keeping the feet heavy may help in that form. (In macross 7 most of the action of the fire valk is basara in his robot mode singing)

But unlike VF-1 as a GERWALK the 19 series has always looked a little weird to me so I never pose it in that mode. Maybe they neglected it because they didn't think many give a crap? (sort of like how the original 1/48 has tiny little hands because it was going for F-Mode the most?)

Out of all the modes the YF-19 is best in Fighter and Robot mode the most for me. VF-4 is fighter mode. (how they got it so slim I don't know) And VF-1 I think GERWALK, fighter and robot modes are roughly about equal in love.

Has it been confirmed if this will be glossy like the macross 7 valks?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

variable glaug = best GERWALK imo

vglaug-gerwalk_small.gif

When people complained about the VF-4 not having really posable shoulders I kind of didn't mind this since I know it originally wasn't even supposed to transform into a robot.

I hope that for the yf-19 they mostly aim for good fighter and robot mode. In the show it was mostly in these the most. (now that they finally got the hint to the importance of having a locking chest with the VF-19, not having one for yf-19 will be inexcusable lol. V2 YF-19 committed the sin of not being lockable in all modes and is pretty much fighter mode all the time for me.)

That's more of an artillery bot though. (ie destroid) Yeah it can fly around like the birds but it is fat and most of the time when it fires it is going to need something firm to keep it falling over hehe.

I like that one too though. :p

But the variable Glaug looks like it can hop around like a giant bunny as you saw the regular looking version in SDFM. You can't get that kind of agility with monsters. You saw how easy Kamjin blew off hikaru's arms with one. The zentradi are the king of GERWALK. They had their version long before humans made humanoid robots bend over backwards to put their head in their butts and call that a mode.

not even close to the VB-6:

vb-6-konig-gerwalk.gif

Seconded. I always loved the Monster mk. II and VB-6 was an awesome surprise when I first saw it on Frontier. I know the toy would be massive but I still hope for a 1/60 scale one day. lol

Seconded. I always loved the Monster mk. II and VB-6 was an awesome surprise when I first saw it on Frontier. I know the toy would be massive but I still hope for a 1/60 scale one day. lol

Hell yes that would be a dream and a centerpiece.

Maybe in the future with commercial space travel some crazy rich guy (who made his fortune in space tourism) actually makes a real shuttle that transforms into a robot like that for the military?

We already have the drones everywhere now so perhaps in future the next step is shuttles that can kill enemy in space war by turning into a big robot?

Maybe in the future with commercial space travel some crazy rich guy (who made his fortune in space tourism) actually makes a real shuttle that transforms into a robot like that for the military?

We already have the drones everywhere now so perhaps in future the next step is shuttles that can kill enemy in space war by turning into a big robot?

:huh:

um... yeah, I've got nothing.

Well people are working on this stuff for the ground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4US851IaOc

^real life destroid. Only a matter of time before transforming robots become reality and they make space versions. Just need to have an alien invasion by genetically modified space giants now...

With the help of kickstarter, I bet all kinds of macross fans will try to eventually build their own type of monstrosity (and sell them) given the amount you already invest in the toy versions of mechs. lol

The next big thing is going to be commercial travel to space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO0EtiVH580

If you get attacked and eject in your escape capsule, and have no weapon you are going to need a little protective suit. The kurutas looks like it would be a good candidate for a "normal suit" (the small mobile suits in gundam that workers use in the show) in the near future perhaps when we colonise moon/mars?

There is demand for volunteers to be the first mars colonists:

http://www.space.com/21005-mars-one-colony-applications.html

Hope they don't encounter space lobsters. It is a one way trip after all.. :p

Can't wait to hear the prices of this.

Looks like I can finally get rid of the old yf-19 to clear space. The worst out of the 3 macross plus yammies imo.

Can't believe yamato forgot to lock the chest to the rest of the body even though the 1/72 version had that.

I like the yf-19 as a fan of the actual mech. But the toy wasn't up to the high standards I was hoping for.

If transformers toys can have every mode lock together firmly, so should all macross toys. Sounds like the old 19 was rushed a bit. Much like the VB-6 Monster, it could have had improvements with little extra effort needed to make it feel complete.

I remember all the complaining about how you could not do the GERWALK mode pose where you place the feet forward as much as possible and the butt of the plane further back to make it more balanced due to the design of the ball or socket. People felt this made the GERWALK look like it's nose was sticking too far ahead and gives the GERWALK mode a less aggressive appearance.

It wasn't the nose sticking too far ahead, it was the plane nosing over into the ground because the feet couldn't bend far enough to place the legs far enough forward to put them under the center of gravity.

DSC_7895_zps0f85733e.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

DSC_7895_zps0f85733e.jpg

That is not full Gerwalk. Besides, nobody ever said you couldn't stand it up in Gerwalk. We said it was tenuous, not balanced well. If you had a loose toe it would easily topple and you only had maybe one or two ways to splay the legs that worked. Quit pretending like we don't know how to pose the Valk. Gerwalk is my favorite mode and this one is terrible to try to pose in any way.

Edited by Mommar