Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

wow, just wow. i nitpicked the hell out of the v1 1/60's prototype pics back in the day but i really can't find anything to nitpick with this one it's just that good.

3. The leg fast packs may require the upper leg gerwalk joint to be used similar to the VF-1 or the profile fighter image is mis-transformed accounting for the gap in the gerwalk upper leg joint.
that was one of my pet peeves of the v1. using the gerwalk joint to lower the legs really ruined the lines of the fighter imo, and it also made the fighter not lock together solidly. but if you really study the line art there's really no way to make the fast packs fit like the line art without bending the gerwalk joint a little. and it appears that the v2 requires a much slighter bend than the v1, which is a definite plus!
Edited by cyde01

Looks Darn near perfect. I almost wish I did not panic buy a VF-19P and just waited for this.

Few observations:

1. There appears to be a sliding panel to cover the gap in the knee when the legs are extended in fighter mode. You can see it in the image showing the leg weapons bay. I don't recall the VF-19s having this.

2. It appears there will be a filler neck panel like the VF-19s (high speed mode image does not have the panel others do), but no sign of panels for the back of the thighs. I hope those are included as they do a great job of cleaning up the legs for bat mode.

3. The leg fast packs may require the upper leg gerwalk joint to be used similar to the VF-1 or the profile fighter image is mis-transformed accounting for the gap in the gerwalk upper leg joint.

4. No indication if the leg fastpacks will allow the leg weapons bay doors to open or not.

5. It would seem there will not be a second more line art accurate shield.

6. Gunpod handle appears to either retract to detach for shield storage mode.

7. This is going to be expensive.

8. We NEED a v2 YF-21 to pair with this masterpiece.

1. You're bloody right! Just another simple but amazing improvement!

2. You can see the thigh fillers in the CAD drawings, don't worry about that.

3. Fortunately the gap doesn't look too bad nor too big.

4. I hope they will. Considering how the bay doors are hinged and that the FP could be attached to them I can't see why not.

5. No need for it, the shield doesn't change its shape between modes.

6. Interesting.

7. Unfortunately, no doubt about this.

8. I used to think it wasn't necessary but now...

I love what I see so far. It looks like Arcadia's listened to their fans. I love the fact Mr-K is a real Macross fan.

WOW... it's... Beautiful. sure wish cost could be no object for myself as well... :(

Stop buying Bandai kits you`ll end up throwing to the dustbin anyway and start saving for this one. You must have it! ;)

Stop buying Bandai kits you`ll end up throwing to the dustbin anyway and start saving for this one. You must have it! ;)

hey, the Cake was well and truly a Lie. that gawdaful 1/72 had boxart that could sail a feet, IMHO.

there was no reason on earth for that model to be even half the disappointment that it was.

i'm sure this new 19 will be expensive. even though, if it takes a year to see final release,

i think i'll have a very good chance of working one into my budget... :)

Edited by Shaorin

Hi-res scan from Dengeki Hobby.

Drool away!

UhPdr7s.jpg

Notice how none of the pictures show the leading edge of the wing in high speed mode? I bet there's a hollow cavity or track they're not showing.

Those grey bits on the tailfins appear to be hinges. If you zoom in the scan, the right tailfin seems to be made out of two different pannels.

I agree, it does look like two different pieces. IMO the rudder may need to fold a little to have some room in gerwalk mode.

post-12283-0-44575500-1374613178_thumb.jpg

I agree, it does look like two different pieces. IMO the rudder may need to fold a little to have some room in gerwalk mode.

attachicon.gifUhPdr7s.jpg

Exactly, great minds think alike :lol: The zoomed in pic you posted clearly shows the rudder being a different piece.

Yeah, those look just like the hinges used for the double fold on the masterpiece Starscream wings, so I'd bet the back half of the tail can do a 180 fold and lay against the forward half.

Honestly, I didn't mind the sliding mechanism on the first version, but it was pretty sloppy. I don't know if I like the broken tail design, but it's no big deal.

I'm just thrilled the leg packs can actually mount the full sized missiles. :blink: Also looks like the neck cover does recess into the fuselage, but I don't know where it will fit in battroid.

I really want to get two of this mold, one for Bat and one for fighter but I don't know if I can justify getting two of the same scheme.

If given the choice I'd like my second copy to be a "YF-19 Prototype No. 1", but would settle for a "Double Nuts". A VF-19A VF-X scheme would be cool, but I assume that would require a new license so that may be an even longer shot. I'm sure there some even better schemes out there. Anyone have a list and/or images of VF-19A schemes from the master file book? At this point I'd settle for anything different just to justify getting two.

In the end though, who is to say Arcadia will even be willing to risk re-colors of non-hero, or obscure schemes? This could very well be the only scheme for this mold.

P.S. We need a V2 YF-21.

Edited by Nerd-linger

:hail: Arcadia

The previous version of the YF-19 had quite some issues which are now being addressed with this version and it looks awesome. For the YF-21 i wonder how much could be improved or whether it's possible to add some extra features to it just like this new toy. Swappable legs was mentioned earlier for the battroid/gerwalk mode, floppy wing fix, improved Guld pilot sculpt. Fastpack with opening hatch for the gunpods in fighter mode.

Wow, battroid looks stunning and fighter keeps it's sleekness, highly impressed!

High speed mode looks like it simply has a forward sliding mechanism after setting it in position, I just hope if it is that way, it include a way to lock it in position or with time the wing could slide in/out on its own. Looks like gunpod may have a collapsible handle with perhaps a small tab space in the hilt to attach it to the tab on the shield.

I cannot figure out the different color part on the tailfin. I doubt it's magnets, too thin and the point it rests is the corner of the back ankle. CAD looks a lot like a hinge and two panels, could it be moving rudders???

I love they finally did proper skinny Isamu like the anime.

I find funny how the majority is going "this is amazing, take my money Arcadia", when the price is finally released then its "Why so much for mostly a repaint and extra parts". :lol::lol::lol:

Opening leg missile panel with missile attached, beautiful!

This isn't a repaint. VF-19 and YF-19 are two completely different birds with a similar looking form, identical transformation, but unique exterior frame which pretty much means it's a new toy. Just as Optimus Prime Masterpiece of today is not the same as the original masterpiece prime.

Yeah I know you are half joking but some people forget the VF-19 and YF-19 are not the same thing.

Starscream, thunder cracker, skywarp = repaints

YF- 19 = whole new toy.

Personally if you could only have one between vf-19 and yf-19 the yf-19 is the winner. The pointy shoulder armor and pants of the macross 7 mechs is a turn off for me. Looks a bit too super robot-ish. But it didn't stop me from buying 2 of them. (that's your punishment bandai for making it so hard to gain access to your mac f toys. heh missed sale for you :p And it was a mistake not to make himetal yf-19.)

My prediction for the price is probably $350-400 range. Hopefully they work out a system where we can get a discount for ordering this early though. Personally what I would like is they release two versions

1. gift box that includes everything including the arm attachment and stand and missiles

2. no stand, no arm weapon, no extra missiles, but just the base valk with FAST packs.

It might make the toy more affordable for those who have no interest in all the extra missiles and other accessories. Call the gift version the Macross Plus 20th anniversary box or something like that. And the basic one can just be standard edition.

As for the fold booster, I really think that should be seperate item this time. It will only push the cost too high for a lot of us. Perhaps they can just include that one with guld's yf-21 release?

I know I will never display that very often. That would be like getting excited about the big falling rock that guld used to hide himself inside when he chases Isamu to earth. Do you really need that to be included? I think a stand would be much better personally.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I swear Arcadia reads the boards. I posted a while back about them adding a helmet less Isamu. Hope they add the blood. :)

:hail: Arcadia

The previous version of the YF-19 had quite some issues which are now being addressed with this version and it looks awesome. For the YF-21 i wonder how much could be improved or whether it's possible to add some extra features to it just like this new toy. Swappable legs was mentioned earlier for the battroid/gerwalk mode, floppy wing fix, improved Guld pilot sculpt. Fastpack with opening hatch for the gunpods in fighter mode.

On the Yamato YF-21, the gunpods did stow on the fighter with the fast packs on. The guns are not supposed to be hidden in the belly on the YF-21. The VF-22 had the hidden stow away guns.

Edited by Loop

Yeah, I was joking, but you know when the price is announced, this wouldn't be MW without a lot of complaining. :p

I'm surprised, it's been roughly two months since Arcadia officially announce the continuation of the Macross franchise and they have already announce 4 Macross products. I can't wait to see what's next.

Also looks like the neck cover does recess into the fuselage, but I don't know where it will fit in battroid.

Got it, the neck cover goes into the fuselage like the VF-17 neck cover, I guess this is the reason for the uniboob gap.

I swear Arcadia reads the boards. I posted a while back about them adding a helmet less Isamu. Hope they add the blood. :)

On the Yamato YF-21, the gunpods did stow on the fighter with the fast packs on. The guns are not supposed to be hidden in the belly on the YF-21. The VF-22 had the hidden stow away guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIYYMIWssyU

go to 03:44 , that's what i meant with the hatch

Yeah, I was joking, but you know when the price is announced, this wouldn't be MW without a lot of complaining. :p

I'm surprised, it's been roughly two months since Arcadia officially announce the continuation of the Macross franchise and they have already announce 4 Macross products. I can't wait to see what's next.

Got it, the neck cover goes into the fuselage like the VF-17 neck cover, I guess this is the reason for the uniboob gap.

The reason for the uniboob gap is because the shape of the fuselage behind the cockpit is different from the nose cone and it can't completely fill that gap in. They had one of the previous VF-19 releases as well. It's really not that large on the actual toy, and depending on which scene from Plus you're watching it's technically accurate. It's been animated with that same bit of gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIYYMIWssyU

go to 03:44 , that's what i meant with the hatch

So you want them to re-release to add a small piece of plastic? Also, not keen on swappable legs. Will just give them an excuse to charge for arm and leg and you know how well the VF-22 did last time round so less opportunity to repaint. The current 21 is decent as it is, and they've got more critical valks that begs a redesign, like the Phoenix. They went after the YF-19 because the last iteration was quite lacking in all modes, Isamu is way more popular and that all the V1 repaints like BoP and DN sold rather well.

The reason for the uniboob gap is because the shape of the fuselage behind the cockpit is different from the nose cone and it can't completely fill that gap in. They had one of the previous VF-19 releases as well. It's really not that large on the actual toy, and depending on which scene from Plus you're watching it's technically accurate. It's been animated with that same bit of gap.

You're right about the shape, but they've done a lot to be as anime accurate as possible and achieved it almost completely except for the prominent gap. The gap has been complained a lot and if they could figure out a way for all the gimmicks we are getting they can certainly find a way to reduce a simple gap as much as possible, unless something is impeding it and it seems the neck cover gets housed in there and could be a reason.

I really hope the wing hinges have ratchets. Nothing else will hold/last over time in battroid mode, period. And I mean ratchets on like EVERY axis/hinge/joint.

And I want the shoulder covers to STAY DOWN in fighter mode. That always bugged me on the last one---while the shoulders themselves would lock to the legs, the covers would still pop up whenever you squeezed it anywhere near the wingroots, as they'd press against the unsecured shoulder armor. Both the shoulders/thrusters, and the shoulder covers/armor need to lock in place in fighter mode.

I like it the way it is, including the gap.

Also, I can't seen the neck cover getting housed into the fuselage. Actually, I think it's pretty much the same than the VF-19's ones.

attachicon.gifUhPdr7s.jpg attachicon.gif5726816021_f532b5fdd9_2.jpg

attachicon.gifUhPdr7s3.jpg attachicon.gif5727369056_90e30ea647_2.jpg

I believe in one of the first major posts on Arcadia's FB page, they had said the neck cover was coming as an option part.

from the pictures, it's the exact same function as the VF-19's.