I always thought that the Star Wars version of the Fox fanfare was the full piece, and later movies just cut it short. I had sheet music for it, and my high school used to play it at sporting events, but it was just titled "20th Century Fox Fanfare," with no mention of Star Wars.

Edit: Went and looked it up, and saw a clip from a 1957 movie that used the whole thing, so I'm guessing it was just shortened in later movies. I half wonder if it's because after Star Wars, people associated the ending with the Lucasfilm logo appearing.

Edited by Chronocidal

I expected they had to change the 20th century fox fanfare.

The SW digital downloads are unsurprisingly just a rip of the blurays.

Fan restorations, like starwarslegacy.com, the Negative1 team

and Harmy's Despecialized Edition, look to be the only way I could ever see the original movies

in the way that I could appreciate.

In other Star Wars news, Celebration VI Anaheim will be live streamed on Star Wars.com.

I'm not sure if that will include panels or what, but what a treat for Star Wars fans!

I couldn't find the time and cash to go to Celebration VI and so I was going to make this weekend dedicated solely to

Star Wars! I picked up some SW books from the library - Inside the World of SW and the complete SW Visual Dictionary.

I was going to watch most of the video documentaries on the Star Wars youtube channel and then watch Adywan's Star Wars IV

Revisited (again). In between, SW videos and books, I would listen to Rebel Force Radio and Forcecast.net podcasts.

It's like I'm enjoying the Star Wars hype more than the movies?

Update:

I'm going to busy all day Thursday with driving my mom around town for her errands, which means I'll miss

out on most of the 1st day SW Celebration live stream.

Is there any way to capture a Live Stream broadcast?

Found it.

Camstasia works.

Another Update:

I saw on the Star Wars.com Facebook page that the whole live stream will be

shown on the SW.com youtube channel (updated live stream address)

and then archived for later viewing.

Then I don't need to record anything just watch it. Cool!

Edited by boinger

I gotta get Harmy's ESB & ROTJ.

The kid's gonna watch those again before TFA comes out. It'd be nice if they were hi-def. (although, she'll be 6 and probably cares little about that)

We're doing Clone Wars for a while now, to be followed by ROTS, then Rebels, then back to ANH.

Weblink to the Live Stream of Celebration VII !

And the live stream starts exactly when I leave my home to go pick up my mom

for her errands. :(

It's a good thing that Star Wars.com is archiving the live stream

because I'll miss the opening presentation on the "Future of Star Wars with

J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy".

Maybe, I can get the trial version Camtasia software recording before I leave?

The more I see of the new Stormtrooper design, the less I'm liking. Less about the suit and more about the helmet. It's great that the stuntman might actually be able to see with the bigger eyes but the grill-mouth-that-looked-like-teeth of olde made them look more menacing.

And my opinion of the cross-guard lightsaber is even less spectacular than before with where he's gripping the thing. Now you're begging to cut yourself with that thing.

Wondering how the ESB saber survived Bespin, and pretty sure thats someone handing the saber to Leia. That opening shot of the downed Xwing and Star Destroyer looks absolutely amazing. Hell, ALL of it looks amazing. Still trying to figure out of that was Luke putting his hand on R2 near the fire. Just wow! I can't wait for more!!

Ok...so where would "home" be??? And if they are home...why would Chewie need to have his gun drawn? Too many cool visuals to take in.... :lol:

The Falcon was always their home... Looks like they're inside it, and maybe they took it back from someone? Too little info and too early to tell.

Wondering how the ESB saber survived Bespin, and pretty sure thats someone handing the saber to Leia.

I'm reminded of Family Guy where Luke/Chris gets sucked into the tube and there's a maintenance guy in there and Luke asks if he has seen a hand and the tech says "No" and the hand is clearly visible under the tech's clothes.

Regarding the ChromeTrooper and the shiny TIE Fighter pilot helmet, I feel like that's our Abrams-lens-flare.

I love it!!! I love the new stormtrooper helmets too. I could do without the X-Wing fighter pilot yelling woohoo! Reminds me too much of Jake Loyd during the pod racers :(

I could do without the X-Wing fighter pilot yelling woohoo! Reminds me too much of Jake Loyd during the pod racers :(

Nah...I love it For me he's just doing what probably all of us would do if we got to fly an X-wing! ;)

Chris

Every time I watch it I'm teared up by the end of the teaser

I didn't even get that far.....whent hey queued the original music, that's when some @$$hole in the next cubicle was starting chop onions.