Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

cybergundam just updated with a post that the YF-30 has hardpoints that can fit the vf-171 cf armanents

http://cybergundamhk.blogspot.hk/2014/08/dx-160-ps3-game-macross-30-yf-30-chronos.html?m=1

Surprised to see the double-hinged outer wing can still hold the heaviest missile.

Another review from Japan:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51925834.html

Guest davidwhangchoi

Have my 25F and YF-30 sitting in the HLJ Private Warehouse as well, probably should just have them shipped out since nothing I have on pre-order with HLJ comes out soon.

-b.

b, are you getting those yukikaze stuff? i had to cancel mine bc of all these pre-orders.

Did a little research on my tracking number. I will most likely not see it as it requires an indirect signature and since I don't know my neighbors nor did they even speak English so no one can sign and vouch for it. They'll just leave a door tag saying what I can do and wait till tomorrow which is a damn shame.

What are everyone's thoughts and impressions of the YF-30 now that you have it in hand?

I'd love to Saburo, but it's still in the mail ;)

I'm eager to hear too. The reactions posted in this thread so far has been very positive, but I'd like to know more from folks.

Looks smaller and sleeker than the YF-29 for some reason. Just want to take it out and fly it around the office. But than people will think I went nuts.

I wonder what would happen if all of us worked in the same office, and we got our orders all at the same time. :-) Madhouse!

I'm eager to hear too. The reactions posted in this thread so far has been very positive, but I'd like to know more from folks.

It's great, apart from a few minor paint problems, and the articulated hands can't tab the weapon properly. You must use the firing hands to hold the gunpod tight.

Looks smaller and sleeker than the YF-29 for some reason. Just want to take it out and fly it around the office. But than people will think I went nuts.

Haha do it anyway! :) My co-workers are used to me swoooshing things around at my desk.

You'll probably get yours before me, mine is stuck in Memphis right now. They better take it on a tour of Graceland and I hoping they don't decide to open the boxes for inspection. :angry:

I wonder what would happen if all of us worked in the same office, and we got our orders all at the same time. :-) Madhouse!

It would be awesome, the entire office would shut down for swooshing session.

It's great, apart from a few minor paint problems, and the articulated hands can't tab the weapon properly. You must use the firing hands to hold the gunpod tight.

That's good to know about the articulated hands. So far its mostly is positive with a few minor issues on the 30. :)

I like the little blaster looking things on the brace.

I'll need to check this out.

Edited by Saburo

My new favorite Bandai valk! Full of tight joints. At first I was I little put off by the missile rack but it's grown on me. At least you can place it behind him in battroid mode if you don't want it up high. Wish the tail fins locked into place though. Had to look at the box art to see how they were positioned. I definitely needed the instructions to transform this but if you've transformed the VF-25 or YF-29 you'll have no problem. I didn't need the brace in Gerwalk or Battroid but I'm glad they included it for extra support.

My new favorite Bandai valk! Full of tight joints. At first I was I little put off by the missile rack but it's grown on me. At least you can place it behind him in battroid mode if you don't want it up high. Wish the tail fins locked into place though. Had to look at the box art to see how they were positioned. I definitely needed the instructions to transform this but if you've transformed the VF-25 or YF-29 you'll have no problem. I didn't need the brace in Gerwalk or Battroid but I'm glad they included it for extra support.

As a fellow san diegan, I am reeeealy jealous of you. Lol where you at? Lemme handle it a lattle. J/k

Glad to ser the reaction to the yf30 is a lot more positive now that people have it in hand.

I just got a call from FedEX (New York area code), they were just calling to confirm my package. The FedEx person on the phone said my contents of overseas shipment were listed as plastic model kits and I said that was correct they are plastic scale models of airplanes. She then said ok, and they will be released from customs, shipped out and will hopefully see them tomorrow.

I am puzzled at what was customs hold for? Nippon-Yasan didn't fill out the description properly or maybe something else is in the shipping box? :blink:

Edited by Saburo

As a fellow san diegan, I am reeeealy jealous of you. Lol where you at? Lemme handle it a lattle. J/k

Glad to ser the reaction to the yf30 is a lot more positive now that people have it in hand.

I'm from Mira Mesa. Nice to see a fellow San Diegan here. =)

Oh I forgot to mention the paint. You guys gotta see it in person. Insane.

Kinda makes me wish they'd do the frontier valks without the gloss.

The DX Chogokin Macross 30 edition Macross Frontier VF-25s Armored Messiah Ozma Custom Renewal Redux special Matte edition will sell well.

cybergundam just updated with a post that the YF-30 has hardpoints that can fit the vf-171 cf armanents

http://cybergundamhk.blogspot.hk/2014/08/dx-160-ps3-game-macross-30-yf-30-chronos.html?m=1

I've been debating whether or not I should try taking a pin vice and drilling out the holes in the YF-30/VF-171's wings so they'll accept Arcadia weapons. I'm also debating buying one of the VF-171CF armor sets even though I don't actually own a VF-171CF so I can have some extra weapons. (I could also use most of the parts with the RVF-171... :ph34r: )

What are everyone's thoughts and impressions of the YF-30 now that you have it in hand?

well I just got mine, but I like it so far. there's a few annoying things; the gunpod is weird (it's clearly remolded from the YF-29 gunpod, but manages to be worse in terms of feeling slightly loose being almost impossible to keep everything lined up correctly), the rubber head lasers are super bendy out of the box and the arm had points had a ton of flash in them, which made getting missiles fitted was a pain the first time. The most annoying thing is that the gerwalk brace is basically manditory on mine. It's not because the back half wing parts droop or anything, it's because the swing bars the legs are on and the chest section don't click together securely enough and if you try to lift the thing by any part but the crotch without the brace the whole thing unfolds into a crazy mess like it's trying to transform into battroid mode on it's own (basically, it's the SV-51 all over again. at least Bandai had the courtesy to include a brace).

other than that it's pretty cool. joints are all solid so far and the fighter mode clicks together really well. it feels more secure than the VF-25, but doesn't require a horrible wrestling match to get apart like the yamcadia YF/VF-19s.

I've been debating whether or not I should try taking a pin vice and drilling out the holes in the YF-30/VF-171's wings so they'll accept Arcadia weapons. I'm also debating buying one of the VF-171CF armor sets even though I don't actually own a VF-171CF so I can have some extra weapons. (I could also use most of the parts with the RVF-171... :ph34r: )

well I just got mine, but I like it so far. there's a few annoying things; the gunpod is weird (it's clearly remolded from the YF-29 gunpod, but manages to be worse in terms of feeling slightly loose being almost impossible to keep everything lined up correctly), the rubber head lasers are super bendy out of the box and the arm had points had a ton of flash in them, which made getting missiles fitted was a pain the first time. The most annoying thing is that the gerwalk brace is basically manditory on mine. It's not because the back half wing parts droop or anything, it's because the swing bars the legs are on and the chest section don't click together securely enough and if you try to lift the thing by any part but the crotch without the brace the whole thing unfolds into a crazy mess like it's trying to transform into battroid mode on it's own (basically, it's the SV-51 all over again. at least Bandai had the courtesy to include a brace).

other than that it's pretty cool. joints are all solid so far and the fighter mode clicks together really well. it feels more secure than the VF-25, but doesn't require a horrible wrestling match to get apart like the yamcadia YF/VF-19s.

Thanks for the write up. :) Are there hard plastic versions of the head lasers included?

For the longest time, each new valk purchase was going to the top of the list of valks to sell if I ever needed money. Not so with this one. I really like it. Absolutely love all the fine tampo detail like all the "NO STEP" stencils on the wing. Was able to figure out the transformation without consulting the instructions or a video. Quite solid in Battroid, no fear that I've got it partially or improperly transformed. And this is without using any of the braces.

Nothing is perfect though - a few minor annoyances:

1. Ankles can't seem to support a very aggressive Gerwalk stance without the nose flopping forward when the intakes are locked.
  2. "CAUTION MISSILE" is printed upside-down on all of the missile doors.
  3. The vertical stabilizers could really use click action so you know where to stop for fighter and battriod.
Edited by MikeRoz

I'm checking this review and good thing there was small tabs on the wings when it folds back to fighter mode to keep it in place. It eliminates the wings to becoming droopy like the YF/VF-21's. Nice. ^_^

(Meanwhile in the Arcadia office. Ok, tabs on the wings to keep it in place? Check. Goes back to drafting board. Revises renewal plans for YF-21. Next, to solve that 'thigh' problem.) :ph34r:

Now that i transformed the YF-30 im kind of indifferent to it. That brace killed my excitement for it, its sort of a must since w/o it its just too fidly and unstable. I was even thinking of getting a 2nd one but having transformed it now i think ill pass on the second copy. Looks good just standing there though.

2B6EB7FE-D836-4AA4-B596-D7C7B8DCCA88.jpg

10F7D7D2-E6A5-4855-BD86-04197B63A588.jpg

perhaps this is just me being unobservant, but for those who have it on hand, can you post pictures of said "brace" and where it is?

Im quite curious about it and why is has some in a tizzle.

It's necessity. Thankful that Bandai put support parts. But somehow killed the excitement to most people. Esp seeing the promo pics. And then months prior of release, they will show that it needs 'this' to help support the Gerwalk/Battroid. I, for one, included. If this is somehow molded to make it look like part of the plane esp the back bracket, and not just like U-type bracket attachment, then I'm good.

post-5552-0-86434200-1407797815_thumb.jpgpost-5552-0-18424900-1407797822_thumb.jpg

Photos from Gamu-Toys.

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dx36/dx3602.html

Promo pic

post-5552-0-42430300-1407797795_thumb.jpgpost-5552-0-16884100-1407797803_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm