IXTL

I think I said it before, but the VF-27 version 1 was really like a DX Cogokin 1.5 already, they just took this release to 2.0 with the improvements. I think it looks way better than the version 1. Mine finally showed up today, when I get home it will be the first thing I tend to :)

They LOOK identical but trust me bro, they're not once placed side by side.

In you're side by side they look identical to me. It also doesn't make sense for them to have modified the shoulder hinge the way they did if they were already remolding the chest. if they remolded the chest, they could just eliminate the ball joint where the shoulder hinge connects and reuse the shoulder from the VF-25 renewals which is still a better design than the joint they're using on this one.

In you're side by side they look identical to me. It also doesn't make sense for them to have modified the shoulder hinge the way they did if they were already remolding the chest. if they remolded the chest, they could just eliminate the ball joint where the shoulder hinge connects and reuse the shoulder from the VF-25 renewals which is still a better design than the joint they're using on this one.

I couldn't agree with you more but all that I'm saying is that it looks like the increased the size of the chest and head from 1 to 1.25 without changing the design. Also the legs are longer only because they extend farther than the V.1's in both the knee and ankle areas.

Anyone who had theirs shipped using SAL from NY received theirs yet?

Mine went out on the 14th and made it to JFK on the 17th, but hasn't moved since...

Looks like its still in customs. Don't worry, you'll get it

If this is true then why didn't Bandai opted for a full renewal. It must be difficult to retrofit all the molds so that everything fits properly. Will pick mine up on Saturday so I'm super excited.

$$$$$

they knew people would buy them up, so why the F not. haha

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'll do a video... but I shipped mine SAL because I've been spending too much on toys lately :)

awesome love your reviews on anymoon

$$$$$

they knew people would buy them up, so why the F not. haha

I'm sure this has to be the reason now I scold myself for buying one. :D

My thoughts where that at some point it must be more expensive to mod the old molds and think of ways to incorporate the new features, then to make a complete new one. Since the VF-25/27 share the same basic design and transformation creating a true VF-27 Renewal should be relatively easy since all the engineering is already in place.

I have the strangest luck with NY. First I ordered 1 and they mailed me 2 VF-171 CF. Then today I got my VF-27 - box looks OK but inside it the two transparent tray were heavily compressed. Something heavy much have been sitting on top of my box in the ship. Fortunately nothing was broken, other than one super pack piece has some sort of thin transparent residue on it probably from the compression.

Question - is the front of the crotch piece suppose to come off easily? Kind of make the gerwalk mode less stable.

I have the strangest luck with NY. First I ordered 1 and they mailed me 2 VF-171 CF. Then today I got my VF-27 - box looks OK but inside it the two transparent tray were heavily compressed. Something heavy much have been sitting on top of my box in the ship. Fortunately nothing was broken, other than one super pack piece has some sort of thin transparent residue on it probably from the compression.

Question - is the front of the crotch piece suppose to come off easily? Kind of make the gerwalk mode less stable.

I don't think it's supposed to but based on what I've and others have experienced, it's a common problem. Although nothing a little clear nail polish cant fix.

Mine came today. Pretty nice.

Darn it, I missed HLJ again. Has anyone here purchased from Amazon Japan? I would be interested but can't read Japanese.

I've ordered several CD and BD items from them. There's an 'In English' option at the top that helps some - the item descriptions will still be in Japanese, but everything about checkout will be in English and easy to understand. Pretty sure they don't ship toys internationally, though.

Still waiting to transform mine...had it this Tuesday. What do you guys suggest to protect the pink paint on the nosecone? Pledge with Future Shine?

My V1 version ended up with paint coming off on the first transformation so I am very wary for this one.

Thanks.

You have to push the nosecone down after you've folded it. This way there's more clearence when you fold the chest piece over the nosecone.