IXTL

Any tips we should look out for when tranforming this guy (I don't wanna break anything ala CF 171 EX shoulder pieces)?

Remove the booster pack while transforming ( you can install it back later). Be extra careful with the two pairs of winglet near the cockpit and also the front landing gears trap door while transforming to battroid. The toy is very sturdy so the rest of the parts can take some abuse. The shoulder pod will only drop horizontal if you rotate it fully 90 degrees. Don't force it down.

Thanks for the tips guys. I keep forgetting how much easier these are to transform vs the 171. The part that threw me off a bit was the leg part in fighter mode with the super pack on. It took me a while to figure out that the knee has to bend a bit and the joints behind the intakes aren't flush like they would be in fighter mode sans super pack.

Basically yes but the backpack folds itself in like a cinnamon roll. The front of the intakes stay attached to the chest plate so be aware of that. The small canards in the canopy area are also fragile so keep that in mind when you transform the crotch area. I don't know how tight the tolerances are on this updated version so might want to go full on crotch thrust so the thighs don't shear the canards off. I assume it will be similar to the YF-29 which has also canards in this area.

Now that I have it, one of the things I really like about the VF-27 is that the leg and arm armor parts are really unobtrusive. It doesn't look weird if you have just those pieces without the booster on it's back. The booster itself is also very organic looking, somewhat like a manta ray. Even thought it's obviously related to the VF-25, these organic elements make it very different from its nemesis.

NY just got some more vf-27 super , and since I missed all the other previous sales , I ended up paying the NY price . Got distracted by the hasbro masterpiece Soundwave ..

25K before shipping at NY is still quite pricy. I just put in another order last night at Amazon JP together with a VF-25F. Ended up costing me 21,000 for the VF-27, 14,380 for the VF-25F and 500 for shipping to Tenso. Tenso will most likely end up charging me 5,400 for shipping for both plus their 980 handling fee. All up 42,260 Yen for both shipped to me.

that effect is pretty awesome. makes me wonder....when is bandai gonna start putting LED's in the larger guns. that'd be pretty sweet.

Oh also...don't have mine yet. Anyone know if they improved the wrist from the V1? anyone experiencing limp wrist on their vf-27 after holding up that big gun?

Edited by Mechapilot77

that effect is pretty awesome. makes me wonder....when is bandai gonna start putting LED's in the larger guns. that'd be pretty sweet.

Oh also...don't have mine yet. Anyone know if they improved the wrist from the V1? anyone experiencing limp wrist on their vf-27 after holding up that big gun?

Mine can hold the rifle with one hand.

Well NY has just 17 in their inv right now at 24k yen :angry:

I read that you paid just a little more... That's pretty annoying to see it go 'on sale' for 1000 less. Still, it looks just plain and simply gorgeous, so it 'll be worth it in the end. .

All the pictures of this Valk in hand have broken my will, and although I was planning to wait until HLJ got more in stock, I just caved and bought one from NY myself (at the 24k price). And yes, I do realize that Murphy's Law of buying stuff on the Internet is going to dictate that HLJ will probably get loads more in stock by tomorrow, at 20k each :unsure:

25K before shipping at NY is still quite pricy. I just put in another order last night at Amazon JP together with a VF-25F. Ended up costing me 21,000 for the VF-27, 14,380 for the VF-25F and 500 for shipping to Tenso. Tenso will most likely end up charging me 5,400 for shipping for both plus their 980 handling fee. All up 42,260 Yen for both shipped to me.

Not sure if amazon jp gives you a crappy rate or what, but 21500 yen converts to $230. Throw in $10 service fee and about $30 shipping from tenso and you're pretty much at NY's price. Anyone else in the US attempt this method?

Edited by HG Blows

Not sure if amazon jp gives you a crappy rate or what, but 21500 yen converts to $230. Throw in $10 service fee and about $30 shipping from tenso and you're pretty much at NY's price. Anyone else in the US attempt this method?

Don't use Amazon conversion as the rate they give you is bad. Pay in Yen and use a credit card that does not charge you conversion fee. I only use Amazon JP if I am ordering more than one item.

If you order one, I am guessing the total cost will be 26,480 Yen. This will be shipped by EMS though. If you order from NY, it will be 26,290 for registered SAL or 28,000 for EMS.

Objective: VF-27 with Super Parts

Financials: 19,000 Yen + 2,600 Yen (EMS) = 21,000 Yen

Logistics: Waiting for hours in the early morning to pick up the pre-sale and months for the release and then typical HLJ shipping delay

Mission Status: HLJ adv VF-27 has been launched and enroute to target.

If it was a cooler character or nicer scheme I would...but I hate the character and the color. I only got one to be a completionist and I still like the design of the fighter mode at least.

I think Amiami will also offer some soon or already have as they changed their price from 14,700 to 18,800 Yen either late yesterday or early today. But Hobby Search price is better. Wish they offer similar EMS price as HLJ but I guess you can always use SAL which is the same price as HLJ SAL price.

Finally opened mine from HS.

Gotta say, this is my favorite renewal to date.

Just as tight and as solid as my RVF.

Also, what a beauty in both F and B modes!

It's got a total Blackbird feel to it and you can't escape that

Nemesis pose with the gun opened and ready to slay.

Of course this happens after I paid the higher price , T_T

That happened to me with preordering the VF-171 CF from N-Y and jumping the gun with Nin Nin for an RVF-25... never again.

I finally got one with Hobby Search, if the confirmation email can be trusted, for 18K Yen + 2080 Yen for SAL shipping (they charge 500Y more than HLJ for this shipping method, if their 1580 SAL quote for any of the 25s is any indication); this ends up being anywhere between 500 to 1500 Yen cheaper than HLJ, depending on whether HLJ reopens at 19K or 20K. I'm definitely glad to have waited, but it's a crap shoot if you can secure one because you have to be around to check for availability at just the right time; I got lucky to have woken up and remembered to visit HS... I could have easily missed it.

Edited by mechaninac

That happened to me with preordering the VF-171 CF from N-Y and jumping the gun with Nin Nin for an RVF-25... never again.

I finally got one with Hobby Search, if the confirmation email can be trusted, for 18K Yen + 2080 Yen for SAL shipping (they charge 500Y more than HLJ for this shipping method, if their 1580 SAL quote for any of the 25s is any indication); this ends up being anywhere between 500 to 1500 Yen cheaper than HLJ, depending on whether HLJ reopens at 19K or 20K. I'm definitely glad to have waited, but it's a crap shoot if you can secure one because you have to be around to check for availability at just the right time; I got lucky to have woken up and remembered to visit HS... I could have easily missed it.

The VF-27 weights about 1.1kg while the VF-25F about 830g. Extra weight would be the reason for the high shipping cost. HLJ is they reopen will most likely be the same at 19,000. The good thing with HLJ is that their EMS shipping cost is cheaper that other sellers.

I'm surprised that it's still open at HS.