IXTL

I'll do a video... but I shipped mine SAL because I've been spending too much on toys lately :)

You do great reviews, if you can spend time on this one with the improvements like you did with the renewal vs. V-1 25's and also note any differences with details. I watch your reviews all the time man.

You do great reviews, if you can spend time on this one with the improvements like you did with the renewal vs. V-1 25's and also note any differences with details. I watch your reviews all the time man.

Ditto on this! That's been one the most informative videos! the renewal vs the old. I send my buddies over to that video, whenever they ask me the differences! Love your reviews and transformation how to's!

Picked my my VF-27 from the post-office today. My first transaction with NY, and it was pretty good. I ordered on August the 19th: just one day before this one suddenly became more available everywhere. I guess paid more than I could have, if I had only waited, but the folks at NY were nice enough to mark the value of the package at €5.00(!), meaning the package went through customs without a hitch and especially without extra import costs.

I know my packages HLJ have NEVER made it through customs without a significant customs import mark-up due to the (proper) value marked on their packages, so I reckon I've already compensated my loss on paying too much quite nicely!

Edited by alldarker

Picked my my VF-27 from the post-office today. My first transaction with NY, and it was pretty good. I ordered on August the 19th: just one day before this one suddenly became more available everywhere. I guess paid more than I could have, if I had only waited, but the folks at NY were nice enough to mark the value of the package at €5.00(!), meaning the package went through customs without a hitch and especially without extra import costs.

I know my packages HLJ have NEVER made it through customs without a significant customs import mark-up due to the (proper) value marked on their packages, so I reckon I've already compensated my loss on paying too much quite nicely!

Yes! One of the reasons I still love NY - a lot of times the duties and processing fees more than makes up for the markup. I'd rather give the money to NY than our government for nothing other than making it harder and harder to allow goods into our country.

And Nin-Nin does the same (this is the french touch :)).

They do that without we ask them (at least for some countries and/or products).

For France, NY declares 6€ for a 25F and Nin-Nin declares 30€ for a 25F and 40€ for a 27.

After 5 orders (6 with Okami HD) to NY and 3 to Nin-Nin, I've never paid any tax.

I also always use registered SAL, never EMS, so less risky for taxes.

Edited by pinkimo

I just found that the postman had left my VF-27 on the porch yesterday and didn't even ring the doorbell. I was home all day so I would've heard it if he had and the tracking was still showing it at a sorting center. So it was sitting outside all night. Anyway, I just messed with it a little and I have to say I'm rather underwhelmed. The many of the joints are loose like the shoulders so they can't even hold the arms up. Looks like I'll be using some super glue here. I really dislike the implementation of the shoulder block joint. They should have gone with the VF-25 renewal style joint. Instead, it's slightly different from the original, but merely a sidegrade rather than an improvement. It creates a bigger gap making the shoulder block further away from the main torso and doesn't angle up very well, at least on mine. Overall, it seems not as solid in fighter mode either and the hip guns keep falling off in both battroid and fighter modes. This wasn't a problem with either of my v1 27's.

With all that said, the battroid mode is still a huge improvement over the original and is really the main reason why I got it. The super parts actually look very good on it. While the arm isn't able to hold the gun up (until I fix it with some super glue), the wrists at least are not limp anymore and can properly support the weight of the gunpod. The gunpod itself seems a little improved. One of the barrel halves on the originals would sag lower than the other when split and looked very annoying in fighter mode. That doesn't appear to be the case with this new one. The "C" clip also seems to work much better than the ineffective little hook (if you can even call it that) that the old ones had.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks for the review MacrossJunkie, i had mine sitting in private warehouse and had it recently shipped with my vf-1j tenjin anniversario valk. good to know what's it's like.

yeah, i have a local ups guy they never knocks on anyone's door. They have a set schedule and time they have to meet and they just rush through their routes, They don't want to ring doorbells and wait for someone to answer as they have many stops especially if it's at the end of their route and they want to get home. As they have so many packages, they get lazy and if they stopped and waited for each home doorbell, it would them take forever. being Lazy and slick, sometimes it's just faster for them to leave the post it note saying we missed you.

the other thing is if it's in the middle of the day and it looks like everyone's at work and none of the lights are on sometimes they don't even bother to knock and leave the package in front. (again lazy and tired workers don't like to wait on every stop) i caught my ups guy red handed and made him wait a long time... that prob screwed up his route schedule but he should've knocked..

I finally had the time to fiddle with my VF-27. I didn't had a V1 VF-27 so I really love this one since it is 100% new for me. :D

I love the color scheme especially the maroon and the pink. I also do not miss the surface detail. The plane looks slick just as one would expect from a more high-tech Valkyrie like the 27.

What I don't like is that I have a hard time to attach the Super Parts in Fighter-Mode. The legs and the arms just won't work together. The Gerwalk-joint does not have a defined position for the Super Lucifer. Also the Beam-Gunpod can only be attached closed to the plane since it would collapse when the gun is open but that is a nitpick. Also the shield arm (and the shield) does not seem to work together very well with the rifle. Last but not least I don't like the missing attachment point on the right forearm because I like to be able to switch the shield from one arm to the other even if it is not canon.

I have one question. The extra piece for the gun attachment in Fighter-Mode on mine has a dark gray color. In the instruction booklet this part is a clear green piece. Was this color only a test shot and all the produced units have the gray piece?

its grey in the final release. At leats mine was as well.

i wouldnt worry about it though the gun sits securely and straight with just the front clip.

@ Macross Junkie - Im sorry you're disappointed. Mine holds together Super tightly in Fighter mode, with or without the FP's. The shoulders are a LITTLE loose, but tighter than most of the Renewals i have. Superglue will fix your issue as you said, but Im sorry you have to do it.

Just fiddled with mine today and it is underwhelming for sure. I think people are spot on about the surface detail. A little more detail would have gone a long way for me and it doesn't help that I went in not liking this scheme in the first place.

Shoulder block was tricky going back to fighter mode for me. I couldn't jam it back in correctly for some reason and it took a lot of shoving to get it back in its groove. The ball joint at the upper shoulders are a little loose too. I would have liked it if the arms locked into the backpack when going back into fighter mode.

The crotch thrust works and stays in place without that little adapter piece but it is precarious at best. That little crotch plate falls off pretty easily.

For my money, it's the weakest of the renewals out there. Got mine through HLJ at no markup. This one is not worth an NY scramble at the higher price. B))

I'll keep her since I doubt we're ever gonna see anything better for a long time.

Completely agree on the shoulder block issue going back I to fighter, trying to it lined up, I flipped it upside down to get the shoulder correct and accidentally broke the head laser. Now I have to put a thin pin stripe of flat black on the seam where its glued together to make it look better. Luckily it was a clean break. I'm not as excited about this as I am about my 25G. The 25G is badass.

And I suck at posting with touch screen phones.

Man, that tampo printing is a real b!@#h to remove compared to the actual paint on the painted parts. I wish whatever they used for the new tampo printing was actually used for the painted areas. Then people wouldn't complain about scraped paint. I've been using rubbing alcohol and paper towels to try to remove the tampo printing but it's very stubborn while the paint itself is as pathetic as ever and comes off with the slightest contact with the alcohol. The glossy plastic got scuffed up pretty good by the paper towels and my fingernails from all the rubbing and scraping but in the end it won't matter after I do a clear coat. I guess I'm going to have to leave most of the tampo printed details on because they're very close to painted areas.

Please do a piece on how to connect the damn gun in fighter mode. I'm as pissed as If someone has been t-bagging me repeatedly in BF3.

I don't even bother with the add on clip that plugs into the arm since I hate having to keep track of additional pieces between transformations if I can avoid it. I just use the c-clip built into the gunpod to hold it in place and it seems to work well enough.

Thanks for the review MacrossJunkie, i had mine sitting in private warehouse and had it recently shipped with my vf-1j tenjin anniversario valk. good to know what's it's like.

yeah, i have a local ups guy they never knocks on anyone's door. They have a set schedule and time they have to meet and they just rush through their routes, They don't want to ring doorbells and wait for someone to answer as they have many stops especially if it's at the end of their route and they want to get home. As they have so many packages, they get lazy and if they stopped and waited for each home doorbell, it would them take forever. being Lazy and slick, sometimes it's just faster for them to leave the post it note saying we missed you.

the other thing is if it's in the middle of the day and it looks like everyone's at work and none of the lights are on sometimes they don't even bother to knock and leave the package in front. (again lazy and tired workers don't like to wait on every stop) i caught my ups guy red handed and made him wait a long time... that prob screwed up his route schedule but he should've knocked..

Normally they just drop the package, ring the bell and leave. They don't bother waiting around. With the tracking still saying that the package is at the sort facility, who knows how long it would have been sitting out there if I hadn't decided to more the lawn. When I leave or enter the house, I always go out through the garage so I rarely see if there's something at my front door. Edited by MacrossJunkie

Please do a piece on how to connect the damn gun in fighter mode. I'm as pissed as If someone has been t-bagging me repeatedly in BF3.

Not sure if you have the same problem as I have. First as MacrossJunkie said leave the connector piece that plugs into the forearm in the box. Then open the Beam Gunpod and flip up the c-shaped hook and close the gun again (important!). With the closed gun the hook cannot retract anymore and is locked into place. Then you can slot the hook into the crotch plate in the same slot where the support strut for Gerwalk-Mode connects. It is a little bit hard to do but that way I could attach the Gunpod.

That doesn't sound good at all. I'll definitely show it in my video since it's a difference between the two but there's no real trick to it. Just apply pressure forward until it clicks (with the gun's barrel closed). I've used the back piece just to see how it works but I agree with most that say it's unnecessary.

Not sure if you have the same problem as I have. First as MacrossJunkie said leave the connector piece that plugs into the forearm in the box. Then open the Beam Gunpod and flip up the c-shaped hook and close the gun again (important!). With the closed gun the hook cannot retract anymore and is locked into place. Then you can slot the hook into the crotch plate in the same slot where the support strut for Gerwalk-Mode connects. It is a little bit hard to do but that way I could attach the Gunpod.

Thanks man, I'll try this tonight, keeping it closed is what I'm missing, my biggest problem was just what you said: the c clamp kept swinging back when I'd try to clip it to the crotch piece.

Did someone already post a list of positives and negatives when comparing the reissue to the original sculpt? I'm curious if I should pursue the reissue. Are the improvements worth it?

A lot of this is highly subjective or may vary from copy to copy, but here's my positives and negatives in comparison to the version 1 without consideration of the super pack.

Pros:

Neck extension slightly longer.

Crotch piece can angle out and lock in place.

Hips are positioned lower making the battroid mode not look squat.

Color of the feet and thruster nozzles are now correct.

Tampo printing is very durable so you're not going to accidentally scrape it off.

More paint applications added in some areas they forgot before.

The "101" on the starboard nacelle dorsal fin is now properly aligned (was crooked on the original).

Comes with poseable hands.

All the hands use the much better ball socket implementation used in the renewals, allowing them to support heavier objects without going limp.

The wings and nacelles are slightly remolded with fewer screwholes and allow for better hiding of the the existing holes with the caps.

Outer wings can be canted downwards a click in fighter mode allowing for a more aggressive looking stance, reminiscent of the YF-21. (not sure if this was on purpose or not, but this was not possible on the original)

Gunpod is not as floppy as the original.

Includes a swappable clear canopy.

Cons:

The tampo printing is in gray instead of white.

There's too much tampo printing. Much of it isn't canon and is way overdone.

It's hard to remove the tampo printing without messing up the painted areas or scuffing up the plastic.

The new shoulder block joint isn't really an improvement and might even be considered worse in some ways.

Joints are looser.

The front plate on the crotch piece likes to fall off.

Doesn't seem as tight in fighter mode, possibly due to things being looser.

Hip guns fall off easily.

The gunpod is no longer held in place in fighter mode by a swing down extension from the bottom of the back plate.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Normally they just drop the package, ring the bell and leave. They don't bother waiting around. With the tracking still saying that the package is at the sort facility, who knows how long it would have been sitting out there if I hadn't decided to more the lawn. When I leave or enter the house, I always go out through the garage so I rarely see if there's something at my front door.

Their SOP is pretty much this:

Anything that doesn't require a signature- If the area is consider safe for a drop, they will ring the bell, drop the package and go to their next delivery. They do not need to wait for you since there's no signature required. If the area is not safe for a drop, they will write up a slip, in the 1 minute time frame from the time they ring the bell or knock, then slap the missed you note, and go to their next delivery.

Anything that requires a signature- They will ring the bell/knock, will start writing up the miss you slip, in the 1 minute time frame from the time they ring the bell or knock, depending on if they notice you was coming down, or you gave them a sign that you are coming down they will then wait for you or bring it up to you as long as you buzz them in to your building. If not, once the 1 minute is up,they will slap the missed you note, and go to their next delivery.

Depending on the area, they are suppose to deliver at a rate higher than 12 stops per hour.

The delivery guy that delivers to your area are normally the same guy/gal. USPS/FEDEX/UPS/ONTRACK, ETC.

So if you can talk to them and request them to drop it at a certain drop point or leave you a notice , they will normally do it. as long as it don't slow them down.

since you normally leave from your garage door, you can ask if they can leave you a note on the garage door, whenever they drop off a package at your front door.

I was able to ask my USPS guy to give me a call or txt whenever theirs a package for me..^_^

2x armored

2x super parts

1x nothing arm ;)

i wate restock of vf25s for 5° copy and my second copy of amazing vf27 in next days ;)

nice. I've ended up with 4 myself (2 armored - 1 battoroid , 1 fighter mode, 1 super parts, and 1 spare / naked)

Been thinking if I should get rid of the spare, since it seems a little excessive.

But it looks so good