The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

nice, did you do a quick QC check ?

Happy to report that there were NO QC ISSUES FOUND! :bump:

Even the usually jumpy tailfins stays flipped in place all the time and the tiny backwing-tabs actually stay tabbed-in properly now! These tiny backwing-tabs don't ever stay tabbed-in with my TC and my WalWarp.

Important note: Everything is pretty tight. Especially the Legs. So, try not to get scared or discouraged, but do try to be a bit mindful of the tightness when extending during transformations.

The QC on this Screamer is surprisingly pretty good! :ohmy:

It is not perfect, tho.

Yes. There are some flashes and stuff on the red plastic of the chest-area. You can see it on my pics. However, it's quite minor and irrelevant to me since I'm used to it even from SOCs and stuff.

Other than that, great job, Hasbro!

At any rate...

mBa5uJFl.jpg

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Edited by treatment

Mine arrived today too! I missed both preorder windows but I was able to snag one last week when a few of these popped up on the website for ship-to-home. I was worried about all the QC issues that were being reported but thankfully this guy is perfect. Not only that, but it's solid all around with no floppyness anywhere. I only had to rotate his fingers which were flipped outwards.

Mine arrived today too! I missed both preorder windows but I was able to snag one last week when a few of these popped up on the website for ship-to-home. I was worried about all the QC issues that were being reported but thankfully this guy is perfect. Not only that, but it's solid all around with no floppyness anywhere. I only had to rotate his fingers which were flipped outwards

Got all excited about picking one up until i realized they were only offering the ship to US store option. :(

Finally found a QC error feature on my Screamer today.

Somehow, the tiny wing lights dots are both green. :blink:

Found it actually when I was replacing Screamer back next to my old Walwarp, which had the correct G/R wing lights dots. The funny thing is that my TRU-TC do not even have wing lights at all. :bump:

Quite a minor QC errorfeature from the factory and easily goes unnoticed. Either they ran out of red paint, or just some factory-supervisors or training-manual prolly just forgot to mention to the workers that the wing lights are supposed to be different colored dots.

Easily fixable by a sharpee or something if you're really bothered by it, tho. I'm not bothered by it. Just surprised me a bit.

That said, I really want another one so I can display Screamer in both modes.

edit:

Apparently, the dual green winglights is a deliberate feature on this Screamer. Geezus, Hasbro... :wacko:

Edited by treatment

I remember being in KayBee (i think that was the name) toy stores in my local mall and they would have Transformers gift-sets on the wall behind the counter. I bet they were discounted ridiculously cheap at some point. That store would also have Robotech toys in bins marked down to almost nothing... I used to look at those and wish they had VF-1 toys. Ah, thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

I wonder if that eye's going to light up?

Odd that the test shot would have an opaque chest plate rather than translucent. Mutterings aside, Shockwave is looking good so far.

Interesting. It looks like the insides of Shockwave's lower legs form the back of the gun, and the backpack is the barrel. I'd like to see a pic from behind before I pass judgement, but I like what I see.

Not loving Hot Rod, though. Maybe he'll be a little simpler than Rodimus, but looks like the same idea. Hood flips up, arms for the sides, the top of the car is folded up as a backpack, hips and legs get jammed up underneath. The obvious difference, the chest, is way worse. Curious to see what improvements were actually made.

Shockwave is awesome. From the Back shot the eye seems to be light-piped. Interesting. Not a fan of the light-up gimmick in alt-mide especially if this is the reason why the hose is on the wrong side of the forearm. The arms seem to be symmetrical though so they can probably swing around 180 degree so that the hose is on the backside of the arm. The backpack looks massive. I wonder if there is a strut on the underside of the arms in alt-mode to allow for perfect transformation.

Hot Rod looks ok. The chest looks wired from this angle maybe having him in hand will change this. The torso seems to transform the same way as MP-09 which seems to be a deal breaker for many fans. I never mind it on the MP-09 and I don't mind it on this toy as long as the knee joints don't crumble to pieces.

Aww yeah! Chest electronics even look right!

Shockwave is awesome. From the Back shot the eye seems to be light-piped. Interesting. Not a fan of the light-up gimmick in alt-mide especially if this is the reason why the hose is on the wrong side of the forearm. The arms seem to be symmetrical though so they can probably swing around 180 degree so that the hose is on the backside of the arm. The backpack looks massive. I wonder if there is a strut on the underside of the arms in alt-mode to allow for perfect transformation.

Cable looks to be on the right side to me. They always got that wrong in the cartoon. Half the time it looked like he didn't even HAVE a cable.

Cartoon had a crappy opaque chest panel too. Shockwave without an image of capacitors and whatnot sticking out just isn't right.

TOY ACCURACY YEAH!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Aww yeah! Chest electronics even look right!

Cable looks to be on the right side to me. They always got that wrong in the cartoon. Half the time it looked like he didn't even HAVE a cable.

Cartoon had a crappy opaque chest panel too. Shockwave without an image of capacitors and whatnot sticking out just isn't right.

TOY ACCURACY YEAH!

100% agree! I hope it has 2 sounds for firing.

It's funny they are including that fishing rod with Hot Rod. I would've said the same thing about Optimus's Energy Axe. I don't know why that throwaway bit from one episode of the cartoon has resonated so much with fans that it appears on toys and video games.

Edited by Sandman